CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wow look at that great developer feedback!  :kappa:

In other news, water is wet.

I'm so sick of seeing "remove X because it sucks."

Tell them why it fucking sucks so they can fix it and take that into account for future releases.

Not very easy to do in 140 or fewer characters.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Every refresh is dangerous. Have your eye bleach on standby.

Dear Lord.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be brutally honest that is a shitty tweet from Ninja. At least some combination of Riptide/Torque/Overgrowth are going to be put into the HCS, so a better tweet would be to give feedback about the maps and what gametypes are appropriate with them.

A lot of people don't like certain things because they are new. Granted, Torque, Empire CTF, and more DO have a lot of issues, but acting like every map in Team Arena is the apocalypse is ignorant.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Quinn wasn't included on the tweet, and should have been because that is his department.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like Quinn but holy shit man if you aren't going to give us a HCS playlist then Arena needs to match the settings.

Also don't be a douche :(

I don't know how Quinn is being a douche. Pros of all players have a direct line to these developers and instead of giving constructive feedback, we get "remove it, it sucks". 

EXPLAIN WHY IT SUCKS, that's how we get things fixed and improved in the future.

You can bring up sprint, armor abilities, etc all you want but good lord, resorting to shitty "remove this" and that kind of shit feedback, nothing is going to change.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm so sick of seeing "remove X because it sucks."

Tell them why it fucking sucks so they can fix it and take that into account for future releases.

I could be wrong here, but I assumed people wanted it gone because it's not actually part of the rotation

• Upvote (+1) 3

as far as I can, all that is left, waiting on liquids fourth and what happens to Naded and cratos.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Commonly joined the party!

Edit: 4th! Good enough for me lol

Can anyone explain where the recent TSM rumours came from? 

I get that there were rumours in the past about them picking up Leftovers / 2gre / Tsquared but suddenly people are talking like TSM is a genuine option for Ninja/2gre when I haven't seen any pro mention them or hint anything. It seems like a lot of wishful thinking.

• Before joining Renegades, there were rumors of Ninja in talks with TSM
  • Ninja joins Leftovers who had already joined Renegades org
  • TSM Owners were AT the Halo World Championship talking to players and HCS Team
  • Ninja/2gre/VicX/Commonly are likely teaming
  • Ninja has a reputation for teasing his orgs super hard and him/2gre's emblems are currently Black/White
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I could be wrong here, but I assumed people wanted it gone because it's not actually part of the rotation

So say that. Saying to remove it is completely redundant without saying why.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone else think Spartan and Stellur could have teamed with 2 players other than Unlegit and El Town and had a much stronger team to compete against CLG with? The way I see it, it's a wash in this situation, and maybe even a slight downgrade. Spartan and Stellur have so much potential, shouldn't the end goal be to create a team that can win it all and take down CLG? I just feel like they rushed the decision.

Also with apg, ace, and maniac staying a few days in california i would imagine that could stall any major moves between liquid and optic

Roster Mania waits for no one.

As a wise man once said, "Sleep and you wake up without a team"

I'd like to start this message off by saying thank you to Brett, Sal, Ayden, and Carlos for an incredible journey through our first season in the HCS. They did better than we could have ever imagined. Furthermore, they were an amazing group of players to work with and I believe they enjoyed working with Team Allegiance as well. We worked very hard to establish ourselves in this industry and take pride in the way we handle our players and our fans.

With this new team change, community members are questioning our “loyalty”, but I can assure you we have been very loyal to all of our players involved within the organization. As an example of our loyalty, I want to share an experience two months ago between the organization and its players. During the time when the Team Allegiance Halo team was ranked first in the league, they demanded for an increased salary and have us lower our percentage takeaway from tournament winnings. It’s a similar situation to what was brought up between Noble and their players, but we wanted to keep it quiet from the general public. A contract is a contract, and it should have continued throughout its duration with the original terms. The players made their demands and threatened to leave the team if they were not fulfilled. Since I believe in transparency, I want to share with you the numbers of the contract. The original contract was $500 a month per player with 10% of winnings being received by the organization. After the discussion, we went far and beyond what the players asked to show our appreciation. We ended up offering $1000 a month per player and lowered our percent of winnings to 5%. This offer was accepted immediately. I’m not sharing this story to take any hits at the players. I respect each and everyone of them, including Brett, even though I think he handled this particular situation inappropriately.

Time to talk about the roster changes. As everyone knows, Suspector left Team Allegiance a couple days after the Halo World Championship to join Evil Geniuses. This left us with three players (Naded, El Town, and Cratos). All three of the players wanted to part ways and find a new team for the next season. To be clear, none of the remaining three wanted to stay on the same team, meaning I’d have to choose one player and new team to commit to. This decision was not made by myself or any of the staff members of the organization, it was made by the players. I talked to each player briefly about their thoughts on the next season and what they planned on doing since each player’s contract had expired. Up to this point, we paid each player on time, restructured their contracts, and followed through with all of our promises. Loyalty is everything to us. Moving along, Cratos had left the organization to build his own team based on what I saw on his Twitter and he never expressed interest in sticking around (btw, he is actually a really nice guy)! I then talked to El Town who told me he wanted to stay with the org. and possibly form a new team to represent Team Allegiance. Lastly, I spoke with Brett and he always told me he would like to be apart of the organization, which I also expressed similar interest in him throughout the whole season as well. After hearing from all of my players, I decided it would be best for me to at least inform Naded what I heard from El Town and that I was considering his offer. At this point, that’s when you heard the announcement of Naded leaving Team Allegiance. I had not made any decisions yet, but the thought of me even considering any other player over Naded made him want to leave. I’ll be honest, I told Brett I’d like to build around him after this season a few months ago (this is the “backstab” he mentioned in his tweet). He gave me this opportunity to build an organization and convert from being a competitor to a team owner. I’m very blessed for this opportunity and I hope Brett along with the other three players know that I’m extremely grateful for them giving me this chance.

As for the future of Team Allegiance, we have decided to stick with El Town and build around him. I’m extremely excited for the next Halo season and we look forward to being at the top once again. We do pledge allegiance to our players. Brett's performance and efforts while a part of Allegiance will never be forgotten. At the end of the day, we want individuals on our teams looking to help grow, not only our image, but that of eSports as a whole. Brett's outburst today has affirmed our decision. We wish him nothing but the best moving forward and hope he finds the tournament win he deserves.

Spoke with Connor the owner of Allegiance and we both agreed that this post sums up everything we would have discussed and I would write about. Just bumping it for visibility to those that did not see this earlier.

Just to clarify, I will not be writing an interview/discussion with Allegiance regarding the Naded split.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone explain where the recent TSM rumours came from? 

I get that there were rumours in the past about them picking up Leftovers / 2gre / Tsquared but suddenly people are talking like TSM is a genuine option for Ninja/2gre when I haven't seen any pro mention them or hint anything. It seems like a lot of wishful thinking.

TSM was looking at the scene before HWC with TSquared. They were interested before.

TSM was at Halo World Championship. They are interested now.

Ninja is a great personality for any organization (I know I am beating a dead horse). It just makes sense that they would jump in and get the biggest Halo streamer, and the most popular name in Halo eSports history in Ogre 2.

And Ninja and Ogre 2 changed their colors to black and white. If I was a betting man, I would say this is the most likely scenario. Pro League is upon us, and I can guarantee that TSM wants to be a part of it.

not a good look

why even respond at all? ninja was more than respectful in his request 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I misinterpreted that tweet guys, I'm sorry. I agree we should give more feedback as to why the maps need to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im gunna throw this out there also, thoughts on a slow passive player like Ogre 2 playing with a super aggressive player like Ninja?

i can think of one great word. BALANCE commonly and ogre2 bring balance while vic x plays obj. this might be the perfect team for hyper aggressive ninja