CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If anybody is still out there lurking, please join us! We are all good people and love discussion.

Just know that all the dank memes will destroy your data plan if viewing on mobile.  :wutface:  :simms:

My data plan is already destroyed thanks to spending the weekend refreshing Beyond.... 

In all seriousness just want to say I appreciate this community and I'm excited to leave my lurker's fortress of solitude behind!

I'm really hoping the Wizard will find a solid squad at the end of all the Rostermania.  Is that too much to ask?

And as always, bring on the dank.  

• Upvote (+1) 9

I really, really, really don't see VicX, Og2, Commonly, and Ninja ever winning an H5 event ... I dunno man.  Though honestly that's probably the best teammates any of those players can hope for at this point?  I wish them the best but this team has top 4/6 written all over it

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh, that couldn't possibly be scripted for dramatic effect. Why do people orgasm over nadeshot and summit? They aren't even that entertaining. 

Scripted for dramatic effect? Holy tin foil hat Batman. And no ones orgasming over anyone

:puckett:

Scripted for dramatic effect? Holy tin foil hat Batman. And no ones orgasming over anyone

:puckett:

Speak for yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninjogre flows better I think.

NinJGre just breaks weird in the middle for me.

Nogre? Orgeja?

• Upvote (+1) 2

This isn't said enough.

While CLG did improve with Lethul over 2gre, it wasn't that much of an improvement. They were an amazing team with 2gre. The main reason they're so dominant now is that Lethul joining them made EG worse.

Ogre 2 is still good.

CLG was competitive with the other top teams with 2gre. They became the god squad without him, and seeing them lose more than 3-4 games in any scrim was an anomaly. We got used to seeing them steak the other top teams regularly and they wiped the floor with the best NA had to offer. 

I like 2gre a lot and I'm still a huge fan of his, but let's not get crazy and say CLG's improvement "wasn't that much of an improvement". 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hypothetically if all nV players leave nV, I dont see why the org would straight up quit halo, i would assume it would not be that hard to find another good team looking for an org

It's a risk to step into the Halo scene. Hastr0 has already had to put up with multiple team changes and seen no success. He gets very little marketing in Halo as it's one of the smallest eSports. There's really not much to be gained for org owners to get into this scene unfortunately, and that just gets compounded by the fact that they know their team will be different one month later as contracts mean nothing in Halo.

/EndExaggeratedRant

I'm really hoping the Wizard will find a solid squad at the end of all the Rostermania.  Is that too much to ask?

It'd help if he played the game and wasn't so far behind everyone.

Posted yesterday that I would be upset if Ninja ze Dogg split again...needless to say, I am disappointed. I am surprised that Spartan left VicX. I recall one of them saying that they were a duo from now on. Really upset because the potential of that team was solid. While I will follow both teams, I am still left with the question of "What could have been...?"

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a risk to step into the Halo scene. Hastr0 has already had to put up with multiple team changes and seen no success. He gets very little marketing in Halo as it's one of the smallest eSports. There's really not much to be gained for org owners to get into this scene unfortunately, and that just gets compounded by the fact that they know their team will be different one month later as contracts mean nothing in Halo.

/EndExaggeratedRant

And to think they originally turned down Naded's squad

This isn't said enough.

While CLG did improve with Lethul over 2gre, it wasn't that much of an improvement. They were an amazing team with 2gre. The main reason they're so dominant now is that Lethul joining them made EG worse.

Ogre 2 is still good.

What? Did 'Leftovers' not slap them around in a full scrim literally the night before the Lethul move was made? I seem to be remembering that being the case.

Claiming that the move only made EG worse is hysterical.  Prior to the move other teams were competitive with CLG; post move no one could touch them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

/EndExaggeratedRant

Halo is bigger than Gears and possible Smite as well (we'll have to see how the Pro League numbers stack up) but I'd hardly say that its a bad investment for him considering they have teams in both of those games.

HWC was the most sketchy time to join the scene because of no Roster Lock, I'd be really disappointed if nV didn't stick around.

This isn't said enough.

Ogre 2 is still good.

I disagree to an extent. The wheels were starting to fall off EG before Lethul left.  They were not dominant and its a new game. They were contenders yes, but they were not winning online in a dominant fashion, like they did in H2A. While I do think EG got worse, I feel like they were getting worse anyway and who knows, even if Lethul had stayed, they might have had a similar season. 

I also think replacing 2gre with Lethul was a big improvement because of their different play styles. Lethul is very good at playing without power weapons, and is a lead the push type of player. 2gre plays behind his teammates more and I feel like that forced Frosty and Snakebite to lead the charge more than they naturally would like to. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Posted yesterday that I would be upset if Ninja ze Dogg split again...needless to say, I am disappointed. I am surprised that Spartan left VicX. I recall one of them saying that they were a duo from now on. Really upset because the potential of that team was solid. While I will follow both teams, I am still left with the question of "What could have been...?"

In the exact same position. Huge fan of Ninja for a long time so I'll follow him whatever org he moves to, and really been enjoying watching Spartan as of late so it's sad to see them split, especially when him and Ninja seem to have a lot of fun together on streams. I was genuinely so excited to see where the RNG Worlds squad went after Worlds ended, but honestly I had no idea there would be SO many roster changes on so many teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1