CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You're also disregarding the fact that... unless circumstances dictate otherwise...

1) Royal 2 tends to play more passively and slay from afar.

2) Snakebite tends to position aggressively and be in the opponent's face. He's also often on an opposite side of the map from Royal 2.

3) Frosty plays in a way no other player can truly mimic. He's often aggressive, but also takes positions and routes that catch players way off guard.

4) Lethul tends to play in a more reactive manner to his teammates, positioning himself based off where his teammates AREN'T.

The four each have different playstyles that all mesh well together.

Within those playstyles, those 4 players have some of the highest accuracy / gunskill in the game.

It isn't like chemistry isn't present. It's just present IN ADDITION to raw skill.

What are you talking about, there is no skill involved in Halo5, literally anyone can be pro with this damned automatics. /s
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What the hell? They get second place winning a ton of money and all leave? I don't understand or am I missing something.

they were obliterated 4-0 in the finals and are not capable of beating CLG; if you think you're the best player on ALG (which probably most of them do), then why not try to form a team that can beat CLG

I just remember when RNG were streaming scrims i'd have them on multi twitch and Ninja would be like "Cam needs to do this, Tyler nees to do that, Bee didn't do this. ETCETCETCETC."  I was like, dude, you are taking 0 accountability for all those random stupid deaths and poor 1v1 decisions to start telling ANYONE what to do.  And in game he'd be telling someone to do something at the worst times and it would normally end up getting them killed.  

correct ... I love NInja but he's been the most frustrating pro to be a fan of.  I don't see any scenario where he's on a team that places top 2 at a real event, sad to say

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG drops commonly

Adds Suspector

isnt enough, they're playing for second prize money but I think they know it and are calculating that lunch and Roy want a couple more pay days. They must know they can't win with this team but they can place better than with Hamy

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Can Legit just come back? He's too good to be sitting on the sidelines.

I thought he was Tu Legit to Quit.

• Upvote (+1) 6

EG drops commonly

Adds Suspector

isnt enough, they're playing for second prize money but I think they know it and are calculating that lunch and Roy want a couple more pay days. They must know they can't win with this team but they can place better than with Hamy

imho suspector is a great improvement from commonly, dont get me wrong commonly is a great player but suspector has even more raw talent i cannot imagine how much he could learn from the EG guys

imho suspector is a great improvement from commonly, dont get me wrong commonly is a great player but suspector has even more raw talent i cannot imagine how much he could learn from the EG guys

...Well see

Commonly is no slouch and produced good numbers.

Suspector has a lot of hype right now but when you lock up with CLG 4v4, hype has nothing to do with it. Just a different animal.

What are you talking about, there is no skill involved in Halo5, literally anyone can be pro with this damned automatics. /s

Automatics and that guaranteed-headshot Sniper are the only reason Penguin looks good, man.  Hell, he uses AR like 20% of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

[*]Penguin .... has the highest % of automatic usage in the game. Someone who truly understands H5.

:(

• Upvote (+1) 2

sooo uhh power rankings..... are irrelevant now since no teams except CLG and potentially TL will stay the same right?

:kappa:

correct ROFL

Learn what??. Can we stop with the veteran argument, we have a top 4 pro that literally has been playing Halo for 5 months. Whatever EG is doing isn't working and Suspector isn't that much of an improvement, hell we don't know if it is an improvement at all. The only combination of players i see beating CLG is dubu/contra/snipe/roy
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Learn what??. Can we stop with the veteran argument, we have a top 4 pro that literally has been playing Halo for 5 months. Whatever EG is doing isn't working and Suspector isn't that much of an improvement, hell we don't know if it is an improvement at all. The only combination of players i see beating CLG is dubu/contra/snipe/roy

that's a lot of contradiction in one post

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd love to see Legit here, but I think this is possible

RNG - Spartan, Shooter, Chig, Ninja

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh right, I forgot about Winterfox.

Hey man, there's always the Sudds for you.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh right, I forgot about Winterfox.

Hey man, there's always the Sudds for you.

X1AbG.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

As much as I liked those pre HWC hype videos, I feel like the forced storyline for ALG helped drive a wedge in that team's chemistry.  Every interview of that team since x-games has shown each player saying they just want to 'get naded his first win'.  That team was never about that singular stupid goal until x-games came around and then from there on out it's all you would hear.  I know naded didn't think that way about his team. Nobody was just support or anything less than equal. 

Worlds to me was in general a bit forced from a marketing standpoint.  I think maybe in a very shallow way all those storylines carried some weight within the teams but they were all blown up to be the driving motivations. And to be honest I bet teams starting thinking that way.  Almost every team except for elevate, clg, and maybe denial/liquid played a bit conservatively.  ALG was one of the nerdiest teams out there and the best I saw all weekend was weird map positioning (ie cratos taking sniper bottom mid coliseum and some sneaky flag flanks).  Not as many creative jumps, routes, or setups as I've been used to seeing.

I hope everyone on ALG settles in a good spot and puts the silly storyline behind them so they can get back to the real business.  Pro league should hopefully be just as intense but perhaps a little less stressful than worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Legit is so irrelevant. Reminds me of back in h3 when people talked about the return of zyos.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Legit is so irrelevant. Reminds me of back in h3 when people talked about the return of zyos.

Legit has been relevant everytime he has been actively competing. 

I remember on stream a while back ace mentioned he was amazing at this game before the incident at the first h5 event they went to. Not sure if hes played since then but it would be nice to see him back. Guy was a beast back in the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1