CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There NEEDS to be FFA for HCS, huge opportunity..

FFA is great because it allows newcomers a chance to compete, I think with 1 million dollars on the line there will be a huge amount of people that will want a chance to get 1st place.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I recently assembled a team of online Allstars to attend Daytona. Our lineup is

ROB THE TURTLE, Commonly, Exemplify, and SickStory. Really looking forward to this event! If any organizations are looking for a team to represent them, hit us up.

• Upvote (+1) 7

You have to go out and ask sponsors and organizations about representing them, they don't just scroll through forum threads and twitter feeds, lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You have to go out and ask sponsors and organizations about representing them, they don't just scroll through forum threads and twitter feeds, lol. 

Great post! Here's $700 and a t-shirt for no reason!

• Upvote (+1) 1

FFA is great because it allows newcomers a chance to compete, I think with 1 million dollars on the line there will be a huge amount of people that will want a chance to get 1st place.

Yh but Str8 Sick is guaranteed to win so they may as well just give him the cheque now
  • Upvote (+1) 1

ROB THE TURTLE, Commonly, Exemplify, and SickStory. Really looking forward to this event! If any organizations are looking for a team to represent them, hit us up.

LMAO shit squad 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sick squad pumped to see how you guys do.

They'd do better if I didn't turn them down Kappa

I can't team with anyone that got carried by KnightyKnight #l8

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't team with anyone that got carried by KnightyKnight #l8

Hahaha fair enough. I'm hoping to be up to par by opener. Just wait on it

ill never know why amateur halo players and amateur console gamers in general are so concerned about having an org to represent

unless they are giving you $ directly or you started the org yourself why would you ever want to join an 'amateur' or low tier org

i guess its the same reason every 14 year claims to be "sponsored" because they have a 2% off promo code for some shitty grip website 

maybe it's just me

(this isn't directed at anyone in general, just saying)

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

ill never know why amateur halo players and amateur console gamers in general are so concerned about having an org to represent

unless they are giving you $ directly or you started the org yourself why would you ever want to join an 'amateur' or low tier org

i guess its the same reason every 14 year claims to be "sponsored" because they have a 2% off promo code for some shitty grip website 

maybe it's just me

I'm sure most people are just trying to get their tournament fees (travel/hotel/tournament entry fee) paid for via a sponsor, or at least part of something. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

maybe it's just me

It could be for recognition. Right now a bunch of amateur teams in dota want to represent someone so they can become known... If you see some of the amateur teams in halo constantly playing in the online cups, besides the ones we know like RC and Annex, etc, we don't remember the ones that constantly make it but with not specific team names. Amateurs representing something will be remembered when they place well :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

maybe it's just me

Depending on the org, it can be hugely beneficial. I've dealt with shitty orgs in the past, but IDK if I would even be going to Daytona if it wasn't for Colossus. Not to mention if they re-tweet my stream, or a YouTube video I've uploaded it is exposed to a few thousand more people than it would be otherwise.

Also, there is some truth to what RyaNoob said for sure. People are a lot more likely to recognize a team name for some reason. I've spent a large portion of the last few months playing with new players trying to get a team together (thankfully that's over) and often people who had no idea who I was would recognize my team from last season.

I'm sure most people are just trying to get their tournament fees (travel/hotel/tournament entry fee) paid for via a sponsor, or at least part of something. 

i would hope they would be compensated in some way, otherwise you're basically just free advertising

Depending on the org, it can be hugely beneficial. I've dealt with shitty orgs in the past, but IDK if I would even be going to Daytona if it wasn't for Colossus. Not to mention if they re-tweet my stream, or a YouTube video I've uploaded it is exposed to a few thousand more people than it would be otherwise.

Also, there is some truth to what RyaNoob said for sure. People are a lot more likely to recognize a team name for some reason. I've spent a large portion of the last few months playing with new players trying to get a team together (thankfully that's over) and often people who had no idea who I was would recognize my team from last season.

support in that fashion is certainly respectable

i suppose you just really have to look into what small orgs are worthwhile 

every org was small at one point i suppose

It could be for recognition. Right now a bunch of amateur teams in dota want to represent someone so they can become known... If you see some of the amateur teams in halo constantly playing in the online cups, besides the ones we know like RC and Annex, etc, we don't remember the ones that constantly make it but with not specific team names. Amateurs representing something will be remembered when they place well :)

fair point, name recognition is BIG

especially if you're someone who is trying to grow their following

you guys have changed my stance on small orgs  B)

• Upvote (+1) 1