CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Kampy is not a needle moving pickup.

His Montage's are great, but those clips are against gold division and lower players...

Edit for punctuation.

His montages are also at champ 1 level FFA and he consistently gets 1st in the FFA tournements, winning like 4 in a row or something.  Consistently winning something as inconsistent as FFA is nothing short of impressive af

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yo people I dont really post here much (I'm a lurker after tourneys,surprising I know). I just wanted to thank you all and thank team beyond for sticking around halo. Everyone's passion for halo is what kept it alive and now hopefully thriving. Even if you hate us and want us to lose thank you for being a viewer and supporting your squad. Have a good one and thanks again.

bashful.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Here is some stuff from kampy when he was champ 1 in FFA.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Everyone talking about rosters, but I'm much more interested in what gametypes end of up making into HWC/pro league. I really hope they make significant adjustments. The current rotations got quite boring to watch by the end.

It would be also pretty cool to see some weapon balance patches to shake up the meta going into the new season. Most other esports change balance between seasons, and halo has historically only changed maps. It would be cool for 343 to take more chances with weapon balance to keep things fresh and to let some of the underutilized weapons shine. It would be great for the longevity of the game.

I really hope they also revisit breakout (with some changes). I think the gametype has potential, just in the way they had it before it just wasn't working. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd personally like to see Spartan to EG. I feel like he fits their temperament and play style perfectly.

Does anyone else miss the days when pro teams literally played through winners round 1 all the way to top 16?

I know it's never going to happen again but watching the tournament almost made me feel like I didn't get to watch much Halo. At least in those days you felt like the teams who won deserved it because they put in the grind. I mean RNG and EG literally played 4 matches over an entire weekend...

How does 4 matches prove whose the best? Obviously CLG is in a league of their own but God damn... it's got to be hard playing a match, waiting for 4 hours, playing a match, sleep for 10 hours, wait another 5 hours, play one match... k 10 hours later go win 1 million dollars. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

so kampy gets like a overkill and some multikills and a frenzy on Munoz, turley, flamesword, and some other good players at top FFA ranks and people still say he only looks good against bad players.  Dude absolutely demolished pro level players in that FFA

• Upvote (+1) 1

His montages are also at champ 1 level FFA and he consistently gets 1st in the FFA tournements, winning like 4 in a row or something.  Consistently winning something as inconsistent as FFA is nothing short of impressive af

He obviously has individual skill, no one is doubting that.  There is SO much more to 4v4 Halo however.  Str8 Sick was a godly FFA player as well; and he's obviously not a "top tier" Pro player.  What makes Kampy any different from Str8 Sick other than the fact that Str8 Sick actually has a resume of 4v4 performance?

• Upvote (+1) 6

He obviously has individual skill, no one is doubting that.  There is SO much more to 4v4 Halo however.  Str8 Sick was a godly FFA player as well; and he's obviously not a "top tier" Pro player.  What makes Kampy any different from Str8 Sick other than the fact that Str8 Sick actually has a resume of 4v4 performance?

Str8 sick has performed at a top level tho, and i think there is a lot of potential for Kampy to do so as well.  He might not be top 8 right away but i can see him being a competitive player in the top ranks of 4v4 if he gets on a good team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j89jBRzOvQo

Ok after watching that vid I'm covinced he can hang with the best. His sniper is better than most pros.

I can imagine him teaming with some of the guys on Denial, that squad what would have insane raw talent.

Really hope between him and Enable that they can bring Faze into the mix for season 2. Would be so sick.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Does anyone else miss the days when pro teams literally played through winners round 1 all the way to top 16?

I know it's never going to happen again but watching the tournament almost made me feel like I didn't get to watch much Halo. At least in those days you felt like the teams who won deserved it because they put in the grind. I mean RNG and EG literally played 4 matches over an entire weekend...

How does 4 matches prove whose the best? Obviously CLG is in a league of their own but God damn... it's got to be hard playing a match, waiting for 4 hours, playing a match, sleep for 10 hours, wait another 5 hours, play one match... k 10 hours later go win 1 million dollars. 

1. Pros rarely ever had to play from Winners R1 to top 16. They were basically inserted right into the Top 16 and AM teams played for the final spots in the bracket. A few exceptions were when they did the FFA into bracket seeding for Columbus '12 or when they had the pre-release Halo 4 tournament.

2. Just like in any other sport, if you lose early you go home. No excuses. It doesn't matter how well your team played in the regular season, as soon as playoffs start you need to win to stay.

3. Four series wins is what it takes in most sports as well. In the NBA it takes 4 series wins to win the NBA title after a grueling 82 game season. In the NFL and MLB it takes 3-4. I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to get at, almost every post-season format in sports has a similar format and path to winning it all. CLG played six total series throughout the weekend, and three in the bracket. Seems pretty fair.

• Upvote (+1) 4

1. Pros rarely ever had to play from Winners R1 to top 16. They were basically inserted right into the Top 16 and AM teams played for the final spots in the bracket. A few exceptions were when they did the FFA into bracket seeding for Columbus '12 or when they had the pre-release Halo 4 tournament.

2. Just like in any other sport, if you lose early you go home. No excuses. It doesn't matter how well your team played in the regular season, as soon as playoffs start you need to win to stay.

3. Four series wins is what it takes in most sports as well. In the NBA it takes 4 series wins to win the NBA title after a grueling 82 game season. In the NFL and MLB it takes 3-4. I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to get at, almost every post-season format in sports has a similar format and path to winning it all.

I do think there should be more open MLG style tournaments tho.  I do understand the whole pro league thing for streaming and viewership purposes but i think open tournaments can also help grow the scene a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok after watching that vid I'm covinced he can hang with the best. His sniper is better than most pros.

I can imagine him teaming with some of the guys on Denial, that squad what would have insane raw talent.

Really hope between him and Enable that they can bring Faze into the mix for season 2. Would be so sick.

+ for your sig and post

• Upvote (+1) 1

Str8 sick has performed at a top level tho, and i think there is a lot of potential for Kampy to do so as well.  He might not be top 8 right away but i can see him being a competitive player in the top ranks of 4v4 if he gets on a good team

You're missing the point.

Why would a top level team take a chance on Kampy when Rostermania will have displaced pretty much everyone except the 4 on CLG?  A top level team isn't going to turn to Str8 Sick, just like they aren't going to turn to Kampy...because it would be stupid.

The idea of Flame/Maniac picking up Kampy is even more absurd.  Those two need to start winning like NOW; they ain't going to give Kampy some "golden ticket" because people on Youtube like him, or because he's good at FFA.

• Upvote (+1) 6