CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Politely disagree. While I think if their goal is to guarantee top 4 then they should stick together, I don't think there is any chance they can beat this CLG team. Taking a few slayers off of them is impressive, but the objectives were never in doubt.

They're still improving, and all young guns. They have a lot of potential. 

it'll take every team blowing up but there is a combo of players that can beat CLG. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

it'll take every team blowing up but there is a combo of players that can beat CLG. 

That's debatable

• Upvote (+1) 1

could be a hint that they're reacquiring stellur

Why would Stellur go back to Optic?  Other than to help his own brand out.  Unless he knows RNG is disbanding, there is no reason to leave.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So by challenger series do they mean something essentially the same as the pro league with a fixed number of participants and league games or will this be open tourneys so that everyone can compete?

- Pro League with more teams to qualify.

- Challenger League too

- EU is considered for this league

- Rostermania is upon us

- Lethul is already 100% back on Lethul mode

I say we are back(even if it is for a while).

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think Kampy to optic would make sense for both parties. I know Kampy hasn't completed in a while but they dude has some raw talent. Get him some practice and I think he can help optic out.

Hecz would obviously love him because of his marketability/content, and Kampy would be able to exponentially grow his brand.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CLG is pretty much all top 5 players who have great chemistry and teamwork. I think we'd need undiscovered gods to compete with them

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now we just need Beyond to setup Fantasy Halo leagues with this kind of mock up and we be rolling

:simms:  Intel

So they team that got 2nd at Regionals and 3rd at worlds with the best record against the #1 team is in 5th. How is Liquid in 6th when they 3-0'd Allegiance in pool play and took the second best team to game 5 in bracket. EG above RNG when RNG beat EG in pools. The only ranking that makes remote sense here is CLG in #1. All of the other ones make no sense at all.

Denial has shown up against only CLG but what's their record against everyone else? 3-0'd by Elevate, almost beaten by Liquid, close games with Immunity. They take games against CLG because I think they're a matchup problem with CLG. I also think EG would be RNG 9 out of 10 times. Lastly I also said that 4-7 were all interchangeable, it's all too close.

Regardless it's a matter of opinion and a list for fun from what I see. Just how I view it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Okay the argument over players'  respect for each other in eSports is also getting old.

• Shooting Bodies
  • Dropping an F Bomb
  • Calling other players bad

Are all tolerable. Could swearing be avoided? Absolutely, and it should be avoided but a lot of that is natural to certain players and is difficult to hold back. Shooting bodies is nothing but comedic disrespect in game, which a lot of successful games have.

This argument essentially shouldn't exist. A bit of censorship from vulgarity is fine, but as long as we aren't back to the video below, we'll be fine.

I heard APG call someone ugly. Hahah that dude looks like a tranny 

I feel like ALG gave it their all in that coliseum flag game and when it didnt go their way they were pretty much beat. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Haven't checked on him in a while but has Ola regained his sanity back yet?

what? yes, and he performed quite well at regionals (really Ola and Mikwen both had good outings).

Seriously. Commonly isn't the prov. But he will be baked I feel bad. I respect you hamy and just know you ukll be treated unfairly

DrunkthuL is enjoyable.

In either case, the simple fact is that Commonly's style does not fit EG, and it never fit EG. They made an attempt to mold a young guy, and it didn't work out.

So by challenger series do they mean something essentially the same as the pro league with a fixed number of participants and league games or will this be open tourneys so that everyone can compete?

A challenger series is the same as the pro league, just a tier below it. Think of it like the Pro League is the MLB, and the Challenger league is like division 3 baseball. The challenger series will have a specified number of teams that QUALIFY for it and then will play other teams from the challenger league a couple times a week (probably) just like the Pro League. Records of each team will be kept and then the top teams from challenger league have the opportunity to bump out the teams in the pro league. 

Challenger league WILL NOT be some open league that everyone competes in - in other words, not a Gamebattles bracket type thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Commonly is 100% an unfair scapegoat for EG. Even with Lxthul, they weren't dominant in H5. 

Somebody mentioned it earlier, but Lbox tends to want to slow it down at times, going against the rest of the team's instincts - especially for H5 which is super fast. 

If the Suspector to EG thing is true, I could see a Crowd Pleasers 2.0 with Cratos, Commonly, Bubudubu, & Huke. 

Also, APG & Heinz will 100% be making moves given how much they did it during the season and Ace's choke. Maybe they'll go after some new guns like Contra/Predev or Penguin/Rayne? 

Edit: Also, I'm 100%  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

A challenger series is the same as the pro league, just a tier below it. Think of it like the Pro League is the MLB, and the Challenger league is like division 3 baseball. The challenger series will have a specified number of teams that QUALIFY for it and then will play other teams from the challenger league a couple times a week (probably) just like the Pro League. Records of each team will be kept and then the top teams from challenger league have the opportunity to bump out the teams in the pro league.

Challenger league WILL NOT be some open league that everyone competes in - in other words, not a Gamebattles bracket type thing.

A better comparable would be the English Premier League and the English Championship considering there's no relegation in North American sports (and that the AAA affiliates are just the B team to their respective MLB A team).

Either way though, while the Challenger League will be a closed league in itself, I'd like to see an open bracket qualifier for the bottom X number of teams before every season/split/whatever. If we have the bottom four PL teams and top four CL teams fighting in Pro League relegations, then only guarantee CL spots to whatever four of those teams don't get into the PL. It would keep the other CL teams from taking massive sabbaticals from playing between seasons, keep the structure of a closed league, but wouldn't reduce any possibilities of up and coming 'amateur' teams working their way up and making their mark to only solo players being picked up to fill out rosters or whatnot (since there will be limits to roster moves).

• Upvote (+1) 5

i think its unfortunately obvious that EG peaked at Xgames. they just didnt seem like a team at worlds. i noticed they kept getting flanked like no one was communicating where the other team was. and not celebrating after any win shows they were already defeated to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Feels weird seeing all this action in real time rather than waking up after its happened

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wonder if the teams in the pro league would get a salary. Kinda like how LCS teams are paid salary. I don't think Halo pros would get as much though. What do you guys think?

Wonder if the teams in the pro league would get a salary. Kinda like how LCS teams are paid salary. I don't think Halo pros would get as much though. What do you guys think?

Salaries come from organizations. Some orgs pay their halo teams salaries right now. They are significantly lower than LoL though.

Is Naded staying on Allegiance or moving? That man needs to win!

• Upvote (+1) 1