CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Tell that to the EnVy, WFX, Optic, Ex-Elevate teams you just removed from competing in professional Halo for 2 seasons.

Yeah NA needs to be top 12.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tell that to the EnVy, WFX, Optic, Ex-Elevate teams you just removed from competing in professional Halo for 2 seasons.

Why would that eliminate them? They're not going to take top 8 from worlds. Their will be qualifiers.

New Optic Vision, has a Halo section with the guys watching the finals this weekend, and give their feelings on Halo  :simms:

Starts at 11:12

• Upvote (+1) 3

After this event, I wonder who the top, young/new/notasestablished sought after players will be. There is Suspecter, Bubu, Penguin, Spartan, Jimbo (if he makes the move). I'm a huge fan of Jimbo, the guy has such a complete game, and Bubu has the most potential out of them all with a lot of heads up plays I've seen from him. 

How would everyone rank the Denial players? Seems like a lot of ppl are saying Bubu is the best on the team. He looked great this weekend, but isn't Contra their best player?

What about Shooter? Nobody mentions him and he's a beast. He should be heavily sought after too. Or WFX should try to build around him at the least

• Upvote (+1) 1

Makes me laugh how many butthurt people still are over the CLG talking trash and bagging bodies IN GAME. Relax its in game. If u take it personal that is your problem not CLGs. Now if they did it outsde the game, the hate would be understandable.  Wouldn't even argue with morons on twitter if I was CLG just wasting time explaining logic to salty people. Most of them are just allegiance fans trolling them.

Why would that eliminate them? They're not going to take top 8 from worlds. Their will be qualifiers.

1 CLG

2 Allegiance

3 EG

4 RNG

5 Liquid

6 Cloud 9

7 Elevate

8 Denial

That is 8 teams right there.

Teams like WFX, nV, Optic are going to have to take some of their places.

With 8 teams, some good teams will be left out. 12 is the best imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm thinking much along the lines of you guys, top 12 for Pro League and then have a challenger league where top 4 make it to playoffs. Hoping for a 16 team double Elim tournament to decide it all.

(PS pls remove radar kthx)

(PSS sorry for double posting)

1 CLG

2 Allegiance

3 EG

4 RNG

5 Liquid

6 Cloud 9

7 Elevate

8 Denial

IMO that format would just leave any other teams out of competing, and we'd see a bunch of pros retire because they can't even get into events anymore. More teams is better, for sure.

1 CLG

2 Allegiance

3 EG

4 RNG

5 Liquid

6 Cloud 9

7 Elevate

8 Denial

Right, but I'm saying the 8 teams that make pro league won't necessarily be the top 8 NA teams that made worlds. There would be Qualifier(s).

Vfx8E79.png

LOL

just to be clear, i'm cool with adding more NA teams so long as we don't exclude international ones 

LOL

just to be clear, i'm cool with adding more NA teams so long as we don't exclude international ones 

International teams will have their own pro leagues. These are played online. They're not going to combine regions for pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How would everyone rank the Denial players? Seems like a lot of ppl are saying Bubu is the best on the team. He looked great this weekend, but isn't Contra their best player?

What about Shooter? Nobody mentions him and he's a beast. He should be heavily sought after too. Or WFX should try to build around him at the least

Huke has been playing the game for a few months and hes a great player. He's right up there skill wise right now, I predict him to be insanely good when the pro league starts.

With a few more months of Halo under his belt he will be a force.

International teams will have their own pro leagues. These are played online. They're not going to combine regions for pro league.

oh my bad, i thought we were talking about the world champs

yeah 12 team pro league sounds ideal, it's more inclusive and AMs will feel like they have a shot at cracking that

I'm sure there will be a Challenger division as well for a few extra teams to qualify for the pro league LAN Championship at the end of the season for the lower seeded Amateur teams to get their shot as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Makes me laugh how many butthurt people still are over the CLG talking trash and bagging bodies IN GAME. Relax its in game. If u take it personal that is your problem not CLGs. Now if they did it oustide the game, the hate would be understandable.  Wouldn't even argue with morons on twitter if I was CLG just wasting time explaining logic to salty people. Most of them are just allegiance fans trolling them.

They're competing for a million bucks, if they aren't doing everything they can to win, including getting in their opponents heads, then they aren't doing something right.  get over it people.  They're just fake, armor covered genitals that cant even make skin-to-skin contact. No big deal....

I think the pro-league needs to be bigger than 8 teams.  at least 16. 8 in the actual "pro" category and 8 in the "Challenger" category but still considered part of the league.  Each division plays amongst themselves regularly and after tourneys the top 2 from challenger and bottom 2 from pro play in up-down matches.  Bottom 2 in the Challenger league play the top 2 of the "Open" division for up/down matches. Initial season rankings are based on last seasons finish plus tourney placements.

Regular season play is round robin, single elim, Bo5s.  These can take place over an entire week if they need to.  Full tourneys are seeded based on season placements and double-elimination.  Double elimination needs to make a comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 3

IMO that format would just leave any other teams out of competing, and we'd see a bunch of pros retire because they can't even get into events anymore. More teams is better, for sure.

Yeah, more teams is key. One of the big negative side effects of LCS in League is that the Challenger scene got left in the dust and third party tournaments all but disappeared, filling up with shady orgs that treated up-and-comers like dirt, preying on the fact that they were just kids. The shady orgs dominated that scene because all the focus was placed on the pro league, so sponsorship became scarce for teams not there. If there's anything that 343 should take away from LCS and other league based formats it's that non-pro league competition should be plentiful, since a hard cutoff number of teams makes it very hard for any team on the outside looking in.

I'm sure there will be a Challenger division as well for a few extra teams to qualify for the pro league LAN Championship at the end of the season for the lower seeded Amateur teams to get their shot as well.

I'm sorry but what are the negatives of having more teams in the Pro League?

You seem to be very against it, so there must be a reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sorry but what are the negatives of having more teams in the Pro League?

You seem to be very against it, so there must be a reason.

When did I ever say I was against it? Someone ELSE said 8 teams in the pro league (I believe @TiberiusAudley) and then you said that guarantees @@OGRE2, etc. wouldn't have a spot. Then I asked why that guarantees those players wouldn't be in. IF they only take 8, they're not going to just take the top 8 from NA and automatically give all 8 spots to them.

I prefer 12 in the Pro league with 8 in the Challenger division.

• Upvote (+1) 2