CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Obviously doesn't take much to get ola angry, if he ended up breaking his, what wrist? over losing a match at a video game.

tumblr_ljq77svYwA1qavmeoo1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's with the brigade? Punching the ground hard enough to break your wrist over a video game is pretty stupid and I'm an admitted rager.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

What's with the brigade? Punching the ground hard enough to break your wrist over a video game is pretty stupid and I'm an admitted rager.

It's called passion for something that is very important to you. You put your heart and soul into a game everyday to win a tournament you are gonna be pretty heartbroken when you lose. This isn't raging over a matchmaking game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait, you rage at a video game that has 0 weighting on your life? And you are criticizing someone that plays them FOR A LIVING? Come on now can you not see what is wrong with your statement?
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's called passion for something that is very important to you. You put your heart and soul into a game everyday to win a tournament you are gonna be pretty heartbroken when you lose. This isn't raging over a matchmaking game.

It's possible to be passionate and NOT punch inanimate objects.

That said, I don't think Ola is a rager. This is a rager:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wait, you rage at a video game that has 0 weighting on your life? And you are criticizing someone that plays them FOR A LIVING? Come on now can you not see what is wrong with your statement?

To be fair, if you use your hands to make a living, punching a hard object in a fit of rage is probably one of the dumbest things you can do.

• Upvote (+1) 4

People can get upset or mad or be passionate about whatever they want to be. When people say "its just a video game" there's a lot more to it than that. Just because something isn't as big in your life doesn't mean its not big in someone else's.

• Upvote (+1) 3

lol I love that the wall behind the monitor already has a giant hole in it from when he raged at some earlier date

• Upvote (+1) 4

I remember playing with Pistola like forever ago, I ended up muting myself that way I wouldn't just rage and call Ola "a bad teammate" or some shit, and that was over slayer pro in Halo 4, I have zero right to judge the man if he did it with money on the line.

lol I love that the wall behind the monitor already has a giant hole in it from when he raged at some earlier date

Watch the whole video. He punched holes all over his room and said he put his head through the wall.

On top of the whole 'passionate' thing, don't forget that loss cost Ola a bigger paycheck. Making less money is something to not be happy about.

I'm surprised Ola didn't do something more extreme when he lost by one to Ace in the Global Championship match. He basically lost I think $75,000 because of that one death, or something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm criticizing someone for punching the floor and breaking his hand because he lost and then asking the fans for money to pay for his fuck up.

Whatever happened to the money that was donated to his cause when it turned out he wasn't even getting the surgery?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm criticizing someone for punching the floor and breaking his hand because he lost and then asking the fans for money to pay for his fuck up.

Whatever happened to the money that was donated to his cause when it turned out he wasn't even getting the surgery?

I think Snipedown gave it all back to his viewers who donated

I'm surprised Ola didn't do something more extreme when he lost by one to Ace in the Global Championship match. He basically lost I think $75,000 because of that one death, or something like that.

More than that. First place was 200k and 2nd was 75k.

On top of the whole 'passionate' thing, don't forget that loss cost Ola a bigger paycheck. Making less money is something to not be happy about.

Getting yourself placed on the sidelines due to lack of self control is probably the best way to deal with it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Confirmed. Ola is a serial killer. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hole-y walls, Batman!

Don't worry, I'll put myself in timeout now for that terrible joke.

I wondered about that ... he and Ace seemed SO relaxed that I'm assuming they made a deal (with a payout as imbalanced as $200k / $75k, I doubt either of them wanted to risk it with a game as ridiculous as H4).  Just thinking of poker final tables, where ridiculous payout structures are almost always chopped, and then the players compete for $20k or whatever

I wondered about that ... he and Ace seemed SO relaxed 

or MAYBE they just have pretty damn good composure? Pistola is a 2x MLG champion and was awarded the most clutch player and MVP one season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

or MAYBE they just have pretty damn good composure? Pistola is a 2x MLG champion and was awarded the most clutch and MVP one season.

or maybe just adderall 

• Upvote (+1) 2