CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But im an asshole when i say the exact same thing because im just a random. Harsh but true.

This applies for so many things in life, get used to it.

Love how we had 85k-90k viewers and some people still are just shit talking 343i. The jump from Halo 4 to Halo 5 has been amazing, not perfect, but still guys you can't expect everything to be perfect. They're improving and are listening to our feedback. We got rid of Breakout and got a bo5 for Xgames, so in season 2 we could see the return of the Loser Bracket 

The community didn't get rid of breakout. Snakebite called them out on their lie and other pros got together to show 343 they were full of shit. All the community got in regards to breakout for how long? was "Thats an interesting point of view but I disagree, and according to our data people like breakout because its being played in matchmaking".

The community didn't get bo5, MLG step in and convinced them to do it after us calling/arguing for it for months.

The first of 343 talking about Arena changes/balancing is Quin trolling about replacing ARs with Stormrifles.

"We", the community don't have a voice.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Some flaws from my perspective:

No check presentation?

No ring presentation?

Anti climatic Warzone footage to end the biggest Halo Tournament of all time? Why not air prior, or during if you want to interrupt with interviews.

No recognition to the 2nd place team on stage after the match?

Fan voted MVP? What?

Venue size. I feel like they could have filled a much larger space, even double the capacity is huge.

Information reveals to next season were very anti climatic. We dont want to hear "Soon" anymore.

Information prior to the event needs to be distributed WAY earlier.

Not to upset about the best of 7 compared to 11. I think it would have been a 7-0 sweep, and that's just as uneventful as 4. Overall I'm ecstatic the stream numbers, though I think the format and anti climatic nature could have hurt. The casting team did an excellent job, and the set and stage looked amazing.

Congrats to CLG and Allegiance. Looking forward to whats in store for next season. Now to write my MVP article for Red Bull.

You must be fun at parties.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 19

LET'S START DISCUSSING POWER RANKINGS GUYS!

What kind of time period are we judging from? Just this weekend?

EG has been in a slump since after xgames. Either some of them just aren't in it like they used to be or their chemistry isn't there. If neither Lunchbox or Roy retire, I could see Snipedown leaving with Commonly (who I think played the best on EG this weekend) to form another team.

But im an asshole when i say the exact same thing because im just a random. Harsh but true.

I'll probably get negged to hell and back for this, but that's pretty much how this community works. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

This is not how you should rank teams at all.

You got a better method, because you could legitimately put like 4 teams at #2 and those same teams could be at #3

Honestly I agree that a double elim would have resulted in a much better finals match.

As much as I wanted Allegiance to show up, its clear that they have not been the 2nd best team after the online qualifiers. I honestly don't think EG would have given any more of a fight though. The only other team that would have given a better series was Denial for the finals. Who knows. The whole point of double elim is that it reduces flukes and reduces bracket fucking yourself.

Either way, CLG are undeniably the best team so in the end at least 1st place was right. It just sucks to see Allegiance scoop up 2nd even though they didn't deserve it IMO. The MVP should have been picked by casters or other pros... because like I always say - Naded really blew it this tourney.

Theres a reason why he's never won a tourney in over 10 years of competing. He is just too inconsistent and I've NEVER seen a pro have so many bad games/neg bombs at such a high level. You could literally see him shaking his head, being quiet and full-out complaining on camera after every single death. You don't do that when theres 1 mill on the line. There were like over 15 games between Saturday and today where he went -10ish. Yet he gets MVP. I wanted to see him win the tourney but he just doesn't have the mental game required. 

He completely ditched his stream for the last half-year for this tourney as well so it really confuses me why he even so many fans (combined with his poor tournament performance)  I'm not trying to hate on him either - these are just facts to me. Like I said, I want to see him overcome his faults but after 10 years of doing the same thing I start to doubt his capabilities.

Last thing - its sad to say but I almost wish ALG would drop Naded and pick someone up that is more consistent. Its sad to see the talent (esp. Suspector) choked out by Naded personal issues and shortcomings.

Where the FUCK is the giant check though? WTF.

• Upvote (+1) 5

CLG would have swept any other team anyways, or 4-1 at least

but the format did suck

1 bo7 on the last day? meh

Denial has come closer than anyone to beating clg

They're at the right age, the best players are typically young in their teens. Denial can match skill with them. But they need to mature in decision making. Halo 5 requires more advanced strategy than previous halos. Denial is second in line right now if you go off LAN.

you have to wonder if they dropped one player for snipe down, perhaps devon or huke, I'm more of a fan of the new players. A lot of guys post stuff like add Heinz and Apg or Pistola and Vicx, but I think you need a some young blood. Dubu could be a teams frosty.

Technically, Epsilon did, at least for this event (100-96 and 3-2 Flag losses and a 50-46 win in slayer? Cant recall the exact score for that or the game 1 score). 

Denial have finished 2nd and T-3rd on LAN.

Even if you go by average placings, Denial is the 2nd best team.

I'm not disputing who is second, I said that teams shouldn't be ranked using the logic "this team beat the best team the most, so they are second".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just needed double elimination and it would have been a better finals... Other then that i was happy with the tournament. 

I'm not disputing who is second, I said that teams shouldn't be ranked using the logic "this team beat the best team the most, so they are second".

Which is why I supplemented it with the logic that they also have the second-best placings.

At this event... i think RNG was top 4. I think they legit choked vs ALG and would have gotten to the Finals. I think EG was a good team too, they just ran into two teams who were playing better. I think ALG was probably a 5-8 team that got very fortunate, I think Denial is legit good. I think Liquid is legit good.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not only has CLG really good teamwork but they also have 4 players who never miss shots  :wutface:

I love Hecz. If I could meet anyone on Optic, it would be him. Hopefully that happens someday.

• Upvote (+1) 2