CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Great job CLG! Just shows how far ahead they are against other teams. unreal

Fucking love you naded, keep your head up :wutface:

Wish we got some more information on whats to come next

343 code for we have an idea but no plan as of yet

Naded got a fan-voted MVP toy battle rifle and people are outraged.

CLG just won $1m. Let's talk about that, yeah?

Grats to CLG. There was no question who deserved to win it after regionals.

Its a Mega Blox BR. Do you have any idea how fucking angry we are that we dont get one?

Why was Naded an option when he was arguably playing the worst over the first two games and Snakebite wasn't an option? Btw, Lxthul and Royal 2 basically took votes from each other. 

Thats because so many like him as a person and wanted to see him win. I get it but its still annoying to see something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What kind of team would we need to bring down CLG right now?

Snipedown, Heinz, Roy, Unlegit

Contra, Predevonator, Bubudubu, VicX

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Regardless, the event was a success. We had a great amount of viewers, more than I think we have ever had on Twitch for sure. Congrats to everyone in this thread who participated in Stats, Scrims, tournaments, etc. Its awesome to see the community alive and kicking again. Hopefully this is just the beginning and we continue to grow!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is that a joke? Not making an obvious improvement to a tournament format because we would "still have found something else to bitch about"?

l

o

l

Did I say they shouldn't make the change?

Nope, don't think so.

Just calling out that even if it was, people still would have been upset despite the fact that the better team won.

Why was the MVP voting only 10 min long? and why wasn't all 8 players of CLG and ALG in that list. MVP should truly go to the winning team, so who ever had the highest vote from CLG.

What kind of team would we need to bring down CLG right now?

lots of really great players who aren't on great teams that could ever compete with CLG, so the future with pro league could be pretty bright when the shit storm of team changes ends after about the next 6 weeks of carnage. 

i think if suspector and maybe one other young gun were to join roy and snipedown, maybe it could amount to something?  

The overtime CTF rules need to be changed. Anyone else think the blue side of colosseum is easier to cap on? Someone should run some stats. Blocking blue cave is so easy. Allegiance wins game 1 who knows. But clg got a full replay and got their feet under them and remembered their clg.

I really don't think that was a million dollar series but such is life, congrats.

You don't win a community vote by being assholes to the community and calling the game trash half the time

How is anyone on CLG an asshole to the community? It seems like Snakebite/Royal 2/Frosty keep to themselves, except when Snakebite came out to say that 343 never ran a poll on the competitive settings.  

Lethul has more interaction with the community than every other pro combined, and despite the #sellout jokes he always speaks his mind.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sooooooooo that firefight preview was a troll?

Well we did get a bit more information. Hoping the final build HUD displays a bit more info, especially if it stays true to classic Firefight. Might make a post in Halo 5 GD with suggestions

whoever was incharge of the post game production blew it. they talked about the rings but they were never given to the players on stream 

i cant be the only one thinking that stream was viewbotted with so many viewers

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wish we got some more information on whats to come next

It's 343, so even if they said what was coming next it wouldn't mean that's what is actually coming.

Love how we had 85k-90k viewers and some people still are just shit talking 343i. The jump from Halo 4 to Halo 5 has been amazing, not perfect, but still guys you can't expect everything to be perfect. They're improving and are listening to our feedback. We got rid of Breakout and got a bo5 for Xgames, so in season 2 we could see the return of the Loser Bracket 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snipedown, Heinz, Roy, Unlegit

Contra, Predevonator, Bubudubu, VicX

Snipedown, Roy, commonly, suspector.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why was the MVP voting only 10 min long? and why wasn't all 8 players of CLG and ALG in that list. MVP should truly go to the winning team, so who ever had the highest vote from CLG.

The MVP system was trash, I agree. I believe they only had Lethul Royal 2 El Town and Naded up. Of course Naded was going to win that; he is the most liked of the 4. 

Playing Warzone and hearing people talking about the event while rocking the emblem. Pretty badass.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can't help but pile on the "this format was not ideal" train.

It's really hard to tell from these results who the second best team in this tournament was, though I'm heavily inclined to believe it was Denial or Team Liquid at this point. Then again, no way of knowing because we had single elim. It's not like the schedule wouldn't allow for more matches, there was only one series played on Sunday.

Aside from providing a very lackluster final, you're ultimately potentially costing teams hundreds of thousands of dollars in prize money they may have deserved. 

Single elim screwed this entire season up. All the way from DQs online causing bad match ups for top 8 or 16 to the finals having a weak side of the bracket. The seeds weren't ever right on top of randomly drawn brackets out of pool play creating weak halves of brackets for basically everything we watched this season.

Also if we're making teams. 

Bubu and Huke + 2 smarter and more experienced players that actually want to play online is where I'd put money for a good team.

• Upvote (+1) 1