CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They should do what Black Ops 3 does and show if people are on a team with each other. That way you know what to expect.

Halo 3 and Halo: Reach did this.

Really? I didn't know that. How did they do it?

Halo 3 grouped their names together, Halo: Reach showed it on the roster.

Halo 3 grouped their names together, Halo: Reach showed it on the roster.

Ah that's right I am remembering from the little bit of Reach I played. Thanks!

You also used to be able to watch videos together in theater on h3. It's crazy to think that the first theater we got was the best. We're on the 4th theater mode, and it still doesn't let you watch with people.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You also used to be able to watch videos together in theater on h3. It's crazy to think that the first theater we got was the best. We're on the 4th theater mode, and it still doesn't let you watch with people.

That is such an annoying thing too. I am trying to teach my friends how to play but we cant even watch film together. Also, I have one suggestion for theater. They should let you watch any POV first person so I can show my friends exactly how to maneuver the map. It's the one thing I really want for H5 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you watch your own pov you can see what you saw. If you watch others, you see what was actually happening .5-1 second ago so its annoying to watch.

Also, added two new videos to youtube, some short clips. Will be adding two more shortly.

Yea that makes sense. But I just want them to be able to watch my POV to get a glimpse of where I look. Things like pre-aiming and how long I hold angles. They just stated with MCC so they are clueless.

Also nice videos man keep it up! You have an interesting play style it's fun to watch.

Doesn't even let you save clips/gameplays anymore.

I can still watch my fails and good games I made 7 years ago on the 360 but on the XBOX One I need a capture card. Really hope we can save gameplays again in Halo 5. Would make creating content a bit easier.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Me and my friends were just playing Halo 3 and it was one of those intermission periods where everyone was grabbing some grub or something to drink.

So, I threw on one of my MM games I had saved and we all watched it while we took a little break. It was great!

When did Halo 3 come out in 2007! How is this not possible now? #disappointed

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember the bungie.net stats you could get for Halo 2/3/Reach? The extremely in-depth stats, where you could even see heat maps of the kills you got on each game?

You could lookup every single game you played, matchmaking, custom, w/e?

640px-Scr-halo.bungie.net-halo2stats.png

Love how we 'lost the technology' to see those type of stats anymore.

Halowaypoint we barely get the bare minimum now with stats, and it only records stats of Halo 3, 4, and H2A.

And actually a lot of the times that stats are wrong.

"we go backwards. It's a Halo thing." - KnightyKnight

God I miss this. This also used to be the original way to get #intel before streaming became a thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please refrain from posting multiple 4K images. Mobile users will thank you.

Meant to post them in the other thread any ways. 

I know this is a tiny nitpick compared to other things, but I really hope that there is a setting to make sure the winning team shows up on top on the bottom right.

This just doesn't look right: https://gyazo.com/ebcb5772ccac4801418e078042a9589d

Edit: I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread, but i'm going to save it with "This may be confusing to the new HCS viewers."

I know this is a tiny nitpick compared to other things, but I really hope that there is a setting to make sure the winning team shows up on top on the bottom right.

This just doesnt look right: https://gyazo.com/ebcb5772ccac4801418e078042a9589d

This is something that's been bugging me for ages. It's such a small thing but the old style let you just take a quick glance and know what the score was.

The same thing goes for the points system. Back when slayer was 1-50 you could instantly know what was happening. The new system isn't hard to calculate at all but 1-50 is much easier to just glance at quickly.

Remember the bungie.net stats you could get for Halo 2/3/Reach? The extremely in-depth stats, where you could even see heat maps of the kills you got on each game?

You could lookup every single game you played, matchmaking, custom, w/e?

Love how we 'lost the technology' to see those type of stats anymore.

Halowaypoint we barely get the bare minimum now with stats, and it only records stats of Halo 3, 4, and H2A.

And actually a lot of the times that stats are wrong. 

"we go backwards. It's a Halo thing." - KnightyKnight

BungieStalking FTW, I really wished 343 would do something like this but they have not and probably will never do it. 

The popularity of Halo at the moment probably isn't high enough for them to justify all the things it would take for Bungieesque advanced stat tracking.

Out of curiousity and just for general purposes, is there any published articles or anyone who has calculated analytics in terms of the viewership #s for HCS Season 1 & 2 tournaments on twitch (i.e most concurrent viewers, max viewship per tourney, etc) ?

Out of curiousity and just for general purposes, is there any published articles or anyone who has calculated analytics in terms of the viewership #s for HCS Season 1 & 2 tournaments on twitch (i.e most concurrent viewers, max viewship per tourney, etc) ?

probably coachmayne

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they were worth mentioning we probably would have heard about it by now. The number that carries the most weight would be the difference between the number of viewers for S2 Finals and the number for S1 Finals.