CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do the finals not start until 7pm EST?? That's 11pm for me. I think (UK).

Feelstiredman

One hour later for me. It starts at midnight (Norway). But hey, easter break. So no problemo for me at least.

Rooting for Naded, but I expect CLG to crush them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know how we as a group, can honestly say that the top 4 placing teams this weekend aren't the best 4 teams from THIS weekend.

CLG is obviously a top 2 team

ALG beat RNG who beat EG. They are playing amazing Halo this weekend.

Denial is clearly a very skilled team, I don't think any of the other lower placing teams could beat them with the way they played this weekend.

eLevate is SO dangerous and to say that they weren't a top 4 team this weekend is a disservice.

Outside of those 4 I can't honestly say that with the way the rest of the teams played that they could beat either of these 4 THIS weekend. THIS weekend is what matters most, not what happened the rest of the season. Everyone knew the format going in, they all understood that to make the $$$ they were going to have to play their best Halo at the MOST important times and outside of the top 4 none of them did. I was really pulling for Liquid to make top 4 but in game 5 when they grabbed snipe AND os, then preceeded to not get a kill, showed me that they weren't a top 4 team.

So one play made you say Liquid isn't a top 4 team? Gotcha. Also, knowing the format ahead of time doesn't change anything. It's a terrible system. Regardless of the end result. I seriously hope they change it the next time around.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Denial's got a 33% win rate vs CLG on LAN.

No one else has above 25%. (Epsilon, eLevate are both 25%, EG is 23.5%)

Everyone else is 0% or haven't played CLG.

Denial mostly wins slayers against CLG no? Epsilon also only took slayer off CLG.

I know EG lost a slayer to CLG yesterday but IIRC they only won skaters in their 9-4 scrim lost to CLG.

That says more about CLG as a slayer team than other teams being better than EG, etc.

If pros want double elimination I think you really all need to band together and tell 343 that none of you will take part in any tournament unless it's double elimination, and stick to it!  Not going to work unless everyone is in it together.

But do I think pros would do this?  Nope.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree with most of what you said and I made a post awhile back saying how EG won X-games because of their hyper-aggressive play style in the finals of that tournament. Snakebite even said himself that they were caught completely off guard by the way EG were playing.

But like you said their usual playstyle makes them miles behind CLG. Just look at that the Coliseum flag game from yesterday. EG were in CLG's base slaying them for a good 5 mins and were so slow at pulling flag that they weren't able to get anything from it. CLG on the other hand went into EG's base, immediately pulled flag, slayed while running the flag back to their base, and were able to cap because of it.    

However, I disagree that its completely a team thing. In their scrims they are constantly disagreeing on how aggressive they should be in certain situations and its almost always Roy and Snipedown in support of being more aggressive and Lunch in support of being passive. They are never on the same page on what they should be doing as a team, which is of course the polar opposite of CLG who always seem to be on the same page of what to do. I hate to say it because I'm a big fan of his but I honestly believe Lunch's idea of how to win in this game is holding them back. This is not to say that he's a bad player just that his ideology is all wrong. Its not EG that hasn't adapted but Lunch. Put a player like Spartan in there and EG become waaayyy more aggressive in play.

Just look at how drastically CLG changed their playstyle when they went from playing with 2gre to Lethul. With 2gre they were very clearly the slowest team in the game and that hurt their game big time. Then Lethul comes along and they all of a sudden become the most aggressive team and steam roll past practically everyone. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Denial mostly wins slayers against CLG no? Epsilon also only took slayer off CLG.

At Regionals, Denial won 0 Slayers against CLG.  They won Empire Strongholds and Fathom Flag.

• Upvote (+1) 2

One hour later for me. It starts at midnight (Norway). But hey, easter break. So no problemo for me at least.

Rooting for Naded, but I expect CLG to crush them.

Norway here too, but no easter break yet I'm afraid :-/ But luckily my job is flexible enough that staying up late enough to catch the final should be possible. Just hope they do not have much downtime between games.

I don't have the energy to follow the scene day in and day out. I only remember that Formal was playing a lot of Halo and thoroughly enjoying it but couldn't play due to his contract. Would it be far-fetched to imagine he actually did come over and teamed with Snipedown who he has a history with? That being said I wasn't around if there was some official statement regarding this.

If he was to leave CoD at some point it would be after CoD champs. Belive that is in September. The prize pool should be very large and OpTic is the top team. It'd be like someone from CLG leaving before Worlds to play a different game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know its not likely, but i would love to see the EG roster be 

Roy

Snipedown

APG

Heinz

i think both APG and Heinz played really well this weekend. i think that squad could do some serious work

this is under the assumption LBX is done after this event

• Upvote (+1) 1

My brain says 4-2 CLG, but my heart says ALG 4-3 with a quad career ending overkill from naded to with a 49-46 game 7 slayer. #Believe  :holmes:  :holmes:

I had a dream last night that Naded out-pistoled Lethul for the game winning kill on game 7 slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I had a dream last night that Naded out-pistoled Lethul for the game winning kill on game 7 slayer.

Praying for the dream to become a reality my friend. It would be so awesome.

So one play made you say Liquid isn't a top 4 team? Gotcha. Also, knowing the format ahead of time doesn't change anything. It's a terrible system. Regardless of the end result. I seriously hope they change it the next time around.

Yes, that "1 play" happened to have the entire series on the line....in case you forgot.

It's a terrible system?  Really?   No shit....but we've been beating this horse for months and nothing changed, at some point it's time to accept it and move on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe they'll move into Double Brackets for the next event, this was the first time they did such an event really, everyone learns from their mistakes, lets hopes 343 and that take on board double bracket would be more entertaining and rewarding.

I know its not likely, but i would love to see the EG roster be 

Roy

Snipedown

APG

Heinz

i think both APG and Heinz played really well this weekend. i think that squad could do some serious work

this is under the assumption LBX is done after this event

I'd love to see the Snipedown Heinz duo again. Though I also think APG and Roy are so similar, I'd rather have Unlegit in there. Played amazingly this weekend and is probably the most overlooked new pro.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a reminder: We are holding a contest this weekend and are a handful of premium members away from giving away some nice prizes :)

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12919-halowc-2016-beyond-contest-announced/

I'm here enough. Might as well support the cause.

Not sure what I get with Premium, but I dig the gold name.

EDIT: Oh hey...that link tells me what I get with Premium. Thats whats up.

tumblr_mjxp19cTqH1qgh0b7o2_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just take a moment and realize we went from this

to playing for 1 million tonight.

*Sigh* Time to bring back the y meme

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, NA teams are obviously better at Halo but EU is clearly better at casting. I hope we get Benson or Simms at the finals so the hype will reach the correct level. They have the flow, the humour, the intensity no NA caster at the finals can match.

We have seen a lot of great games but I think the tournament is pretty lame in itself. A hysterical and loud live audience is so important to bring up the hype. The finals at the Halo Global Championships were way better in that instance so it kind of suprise me that 343 deliver this for the HWC finals. So quiet and boring between the games.

But still...I cant wait for the finals to begin. Would love to see Naded win this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2imb2om.jpg

Kinda bored so I just made this pic real quick. Will this be the result of today? :kappa:

Snakebite - Royal 2 - President Lethul - Frosty.

Sorry for the bad Photoshop of the other than Lethul. Kinda hard to find decent pictures of them.

oh.

wow.

• Upvote (+1) 1