CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Scuff sticks are so much better and the paddles feel better to me at least. Elite sticks are heavy and the paddles are really sensitive and in a weird spot. But for the price tag and longevity Elite is the way to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is based on very limited viewing of their scrims, but here's my gut feeling on EG:

I think that going over every mistake and even arguing a lot is fine, but it has to be done constructively. EG would have some argument about one play in a flag game that would carry over into half of the next strongholds game. To me, that's always a bad sign for a team. Yes, it's important to hash out gameplay disagreements but if your argument is carrying over into the next game then there are all sorts of other mistakes that you're not addressing because you're caught up on one mistake. Furthermore, I think that constant arguing/bickering can eventually reduce the team's morale and make them overthink things.

Finally, I hope nobody retires until we see if there can be see some settings changes before next season that might play to their strengths more.

So how soon after World's will Rostermania v2 be happening?

Literally the second the last match is over today EG will tweet that they dropped Commonly. :kappa:

Going to hop on the prediction train in a matter of speaking, but solely based on Naded.

What does everyone think he will do if;

Naded wins his first tournament today - Does he retire on a high note for getting his first ever LAN win? Or does he roll into Season 2 with/without his current Team?

Naded loses today - Does he retire and become the Dan Marino of eSports/Halo? Or does he go into Season 2 with/without his current team, still looking for that first LAN victory?

My prediction on the situation is that, win or lose, Naded will continue to compete. His passion for Halo is far to great to see him walk off after this tournament. His career, however lackluster due to no wins, has been a historic one. I can't see him leaving the scene after today.

Thoughts?

He has never hinted at retiring nor do I seem him doing it after he is walking away with at least 125k

i hope naded gets his 1st win today. its overdue and after turning down EG and staying loyal to his squad it would be the perfect ending 

• Upvote (+1) 3

ignoring my deep love for CLG, I just don't see ALG of all teams taking 4 games off them in 1 series unless CLG comes out completely cold and loses the first 2 games of the series. the only real problem to CLG's slayer game is power weapon control mainly rockets or an over aggressive start strat where they get completely denied and give up full control. ALG would have to win all 3 slayers for even a shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are the gametypes? I could see AE winning all the slayers - their strength, CLG's weakness. Which means they'd need to steal at least 1 obj.

This is NOT their strength, in my honest opinion, especially against CLG. It could of just been online, but their TS game is very lackluster against CLG, but that is the million dollar question: can Naded lead his squad against all odds and put a halt to the start of a new God squad? Or will CLG  accomplish what many others do and that is win this whole event pretty handily? 

Liquid NA Regionals: Sweeps 9-0 through their pool, loses in Quarters 2-3 to Denial

Liquid HWC Finals: Sweeps 9-0 through their pool, loses in Quarters 2-3 to Denial

Denial NA Regionals: Gets 2nd in their pool, beats Liquid 3-2, gets eliminated 2-4 by CLG

Denial HWC Finals: Gets 2nd in their pool, beats Liquid 3-2, gets eliminated 2-4 by CLG

Elevate NA Regionals: Surprises (most) people by making it out of pools, gets eliminated by Allegiance in bracket. (*They were Noble here though*)

Elevate HWC Finals: Surprises (most) people by getting #1 out of their pool, gets eliminated by Allegiance in bracket.

Weird how things played out eerily similar.

CLG NA Regionals: Lose Game 2 Slayer to 2nd place team in Group, lose 2 games to Denial, shut out everyone else with ease.

CLG HWC Finals: Lose Game 2 Slayer to 2nd place team in Group, lose 2 games to Denial, shut out everyone with ease...so far.

2nd Place Team in CLG's Group NA Regionals: Get eliminated in Quarterfinals, team that beat them gets eliminated in Semifinals.

2nd Place Team in CLG's Group HWC Finals: Get eliminated in Quarterfinals, team that beat them gets eliminated in Semifinals.

RNG NA Regionals: Lose Coliseum Flag and the two following games to get eliminated in Bracket, 1 of which is on Plaza.

RNG NA Regionals: Lose Coliseum Flag and the two following games to get eliminated in Bracket, 1 of which is on Plaza.

• Upvote (+1) 6

When are we going to find out the future of Halo? Will they announce anything tonight?

CLG NA Regionals: Lose Game 2 Slayer to 2nd place team in Group, lose 2 games to Denial, shut out everyone else with ease.

CLG HWC Finals: Lose Game 2 Slayer to 2nd place team in Group, lose 2 games to Denial, shut out everyone with ease...so far.

2nd Place Team in CLG's Group NA Regionals: Get eliminated in Quarterfinals, team that beat them gets eliminated in Semifinals.

2nd Place Team in CLG's Group HWC Finals: Get eliminated in Quarterfinals, team that beat them gets eliminated in Semifinals.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Does anyone who is in LA for the event have any recommendations for places to check out before the match starts today?

Oh, forgot also, imagine an instinct reunion? 2gre, Ola and Roybox if Snipedown leaves.

:walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Formal isn't coming back.  Just give it up man.

I don't have the energy to follow the scene day in and day out. I only remember that Formal was playing a lot of Halo and thoroughly enjoying it but couldn't play due to his contract. Would it be far-fetched to imagine he actually did come over and teamed with Snipedown who he has a history with? That being said I wasn't around if there was some official statement regarding this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did you watch the CLG - Epsilon series? They definitely didn't win that with ease. In fact they won by the skin of their teeth. 

Oh, forgot also, imagine an instinct reunion? 2gre, Ola and Roybox if Snipedown leaves.

:walshy:

Would probably be pretty average, worse than the current squad tbh. Reunion of the H4 Ambush but with roy instead of formal would be better imo.

Did you watch the CLG - Epsilon series? They definitely didn't win that with ease. In fact they won by the skin of their teeth. 

Would probably be pretty average, worse than the current squad tbh. Reunion of the H4 Ambush but with roy instead of formal would be better imo.

Epsilon is the team that got 2nd in their group.  They lost a slayer to them.

Thus the "shut out everyone else with ease" doesn't apply to that series.

As a halo fan, I wish the semis were today before the finals so I could watch halo all day again.

As a college student, my grades thank 343 for making it possible for me to do my homework today, cause I know for sure I wasn't doing it the past two days. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Epsilon is the team that got 2nd in their group.  They lost a slayer to them.

Thus the "shut out everyone else with ease" doesn't apply to that series.

ahh that's my mistake. For some reason I thought when you said "everyone else" you were just talking about everyone else besides Denial. But after re-reading I see what you meant now. My bad  :bman:

So Roy, Snipedown, Ola, Heinz? I hate to be that guy, but I'm going to have to see Ola play at a high level before I give him the benefit of the doubt in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Scuff sticks are so much better and the paddles feel better to me at least. Elite sticks are heavy and the paddles are really sensitive and in a weird spot. But for the price tag and longevity Elite is the way to go.

This, The Scuff Infinity is an awesome controller with all the customization options of the elite plus some as well as color options. The sticks are so much better than those of a regular xbone or elite controller and the paddles are better as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1