CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sorry for lame question guys, but what time is the finals? Just got back from spring break and am driving to campus, can't really do my own research atm :/.

4 Pacific, 7 Eastern.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What makes it better than a scuf? Really want to know because I was thinking about getting a scuf.

At any point, Scuf could go under and refuse to fix your product if it goes kaput.

At least with the Elite being a Microsoft product, you have no worries of that.

I'm sure it's a much better idea to listen to someone who has used both, though. I've only ever used the Elite and I love it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Proof?

It was revealed this weekend and they haven't said a peep about it anywhere.

bravo said numerous times it's something they're making/perfecting for live events

don't have a time stamp or anything 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Both the XLEi app and Twitch app on your xbox will work for the req pack. You just have to be watching on either or during the finals to receive it

• Upvote (+1) 1

bravo said numerous times it's something they're making/perfecting for live events

don't have a time stamp or anything 

That sounds more open then (like for everyone), they don't want to release a dud like the original spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So only 1 halo match today... the million dollar match... Can we push for a BO11 please????? 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Both the XLEi app and Twitch app on your xbox will work for the req pack. You just have to be watching on either or during the finals to receive it

I am pumped for the req pack, and I have no idea why.

I hope Allegiance wins and Naded takes his first tournament victory, predominantly because of the sheer amount of practice they put in. I have the utmost respect for committed preparation.

I can't believe we are finally at the end of this road. This season has been a wild ride to witness and I just want to say thanks to all of you Beyonders, the pros, and 343. While there have been some issues and some formats people would like changed, I have never been this hooked on competitive Halo. The story lines were great, the game was fun to watch, and the memes were dank. Here's to a great final, and to next season.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Off topic but scuff or elite controller? Anyone I've seen saying scuff has a discount code in their description so I cant take them serious.

Honestly all the comments will be biased. Everyone is different. I myself have a scuf with 2 paddles and love it. Had no issues with shipping. I can't say anything of their customer service since I haven't had any issues. Only really bad thing I heard of the Elite was the paddles were too sensitive to some. Again, its personal preference and unless you get a chance to try both, no one really knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As much as I want Naded to win....I think CLG is going to swiftly win 4-1.  I hope I'm wrong.

I think ALG gets 4-0'd.  

Lol the Xbox Dashboard advertism still doesn't work in my region, had to switch.

So I hope today are announcements of Season 2 and Pro league.

I'm wondering though if the Observer mode will ever come to us users? Since it seems that would be easily exploitable.. meaning I could join as a live observer and be in a Party with a team and tell em where everybody is.. how do other games handle this?

Lol the Xbox Dashboard advertism still doesn't work in my region, had to switch.

So I hope today are announcements of Season 2 and Pro league.

I'm wondering though if the Observer mode will ever come to us users? Since it seems that would be easily exploitable.. meaning I could join as a live observer and be in a Party with a team and tell em where everybody is.. how do other games handle this?

• Don't let people in your lobby
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Another random thought (though sort of beating a dead horse)... EG in Dota are known to be the team that goes into the losers bracket and then makes their run. If I'm not mistaken Ti5 had pool play which then when into double elim bracket play. The catch is that the top half of each pool is put into winners, the bottom half is put into losers. EG did go into losers after being beat in winners finals but then went on to win the event. But Grand Finals gave no advantage to the WB team except having to play far less to get to grand finals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think ALG gets 4-0'd. 

I think they will get 4-0'd as well. As much as i want naded to win i just don't think its possible, unless ALG is playing their absolute best and CLG is playing their absolute worst, which doesn't happen. Either way the Semi finals should have been today as well, who's idea was it to have one best of 7 on Sunday. The viewership will probably be pretty low. Im still excited though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are the gametypes? I could see AE winning all the slayers - their strength, CLG's weakness. Which means they'd need to steal at least 1 obj.

All I have to do is watch the finals at 7 on this XLEi app on X1 and there's an armor set we get? Sorry, have barely watched anything this weekend and this is what I've gathered from reading..I think.

What makes it better than a scuf? Really want to know because I was thinking about getting a scuf.

Not sure if the newest scufs are any better, but my nephew has one for his x360 and it feels cheaper than a normal Xbox controller. The Elite on the other hand, feels like it was made using fine German engineering.

All I have to do is watch the finals at 7 on this XLEi app on X1 and there's an armor set we get? Sorry, have barely watched anything this weekend and this is what I've gathered from reading..I think.

IIRC what Bravo said on stream, you don't even have to be on your Xbox to get the back just make sure you're tuned in tonight and you should get information on how to get it.

Going to hop on the prediction train in a matter of speaking, but solely based on Naded.

What does everyone think he will do if;

Naded wins his first tournament today - Does he retire on a high note for getting his first ever LAN win? Or does he roll into Season 2 with/without his current Team?

Naded loses today - Does he retire and become the Dan Marino of eSports/Halo? Or does he go into Season 2 with/without his current team, still looking for that first LAN victory?

My prediction on the situation is that, win or lose, Naded will continue to compete. His passion for Halo is far to great to see him walk off after this tournament. His career, however lackluster due to no wins, has been a historic one. I can't see him leaving the scene after today.

Thoughts?

I dont think naded will quit. the  guy is amazing at h5 and you can see how passionate he is about halo 5 every time he plays it. I dont think allegiance will break up. they have been pretty consistent and have never really been blown out in tournament play yet besides losing 0-3 to liquid in group play, which they made up for by beating a hot rng team and a hot elevate team. I think they stick together for season 2. just my opinion of course.

• Upvote (+1) 1