CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Going to hop on the prediction train in a matter of speaking, but solely based on Naded.

What does everyone think he will do if;

Naded wins his first tournament today - Does he retire on a high note for getting his first ever LAN win? Or does he roll into Season 2 with/without his current Team?

Naded loses today - Does he retire and become the Dan Marino of eSports/Halo? Or does he go into Season 2 with/without his current team, still looking for that first LAN victory?

My prediction on the situation is that, win or lose, Naded will continue to compete. His passion for Halo is far to great to see him walk off after this tournament. His career, however lackluster due to no wins, has been a historic one. I can't see him leaving the scene after today.

Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess I just favour a more ruthless approach. The way I look at it, I don't see why EG deserves the opportunity to lose three times. They lost a game in pool play, and then lost in the bracket. You think they should be given another opportunity, because people generally consider them to be a top 3 team?

I think the placings this tournament are an accurate reflection of how well teams played. I certainly don't think the system is perfect, but the stakes are high and there has to be a losing team. I just personally am not in favour of systems that give high seeded teams the opportunity to essentially play poorly and I guess that's always going to end in painful results for some teams.

EG has nothing to do with it, even if every team placed exactly where we thought they would the system would still be flawed. Double elim with a losers bracket allows for teams that have an unfavorable bracket to make it as far as they possibly can. BECAUSE it's a high stakes tournament is exactly the reason it should be this way. It's not about having a "ruthless" system it's about having a fair one.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I like @@LethuL and @@Naded a lot as players and people within the community, this is going to be hard to pick.

Dashboard advertising has the stream page ready to go, make sure to pre-install if you haven't yet if you want that armor set later.

Pre install what? Sorry I'm slow

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG has nothing to do with it, even if every team placed exactly where we thought they would the system would still be flawed. Double elim with a losers bracket allows for teams that have an unfavorable bracket to make it as far as they possibly can. BECAUSE it's a high stakes tournament is exactly the reason it should be this way. It's not about having a "ruthless" system it's about having a fair one.

We're headed deeper into the rabbit hole and we're never going to agree.

Ultimately though, we're debating because we both care about seeing the best possible Halo tournament and I think that's pretty cool. I think thoughtful debates like this can only be good for the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We're headed deeper into the rabbit hole and we're never going to agree.

Ultimately though, we're debating because we both care about seeing the best possible Halo tournament and I think that's pretty cool. I think thoughtful debates like this can only be good for the game.

For sure lol I don't mean this in a negative way at all. Love me some Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Pre install what? Sorry I'm slow

The xbox app that does livestream if you don't already have it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

observer mode is for live events only 

Proof?

It was revealed this weekend and they haven't said a peep about it anywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Proof?

It was revealed this weekend and they haven't said a peep about it anywhere.

I vaguely remember hearing one of the casters say it was for live events only as well.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea I'm already as salty as they come that liquid 3-0 allegiance and things turned out how they have, so if allegiance won the tourney I'd just retire from life.

I vaguely remember hearing one of the casters say it was for live events only as well.  

I really hope this isn't the case, 343i owning closed networks and spectator mode for events is kinda ridiculous.

Going to hop on the prediction train in a matter of speaking, but solely based on Naded.

What does everyone think he will do if;

Naded wins his first tournament today - Does he retire on a high note for getting his first ever LAN win? Or does he roll into Season 2 with/without his current Team?

Naded loses today - Does he retire and become the Dan Marino of eSports/Halo? Or does he go into Season 2 with/without his current team, still looking for that first LAN victory?

My prediction on the situation is that, win or lose, Naded will continue to compete. His passion for Halo is far to great to see him walk off after this tournament. His career, however lackluster due to no wins, has been a historic one. I can't see him leaving the scene after today.

Thoughts?

From how it sounded in that HWC vid they made that he's going to keep competing regardless.

I hope he gets that first W being the biggest win in Halo.

Off topic but scuff or elite controller? Anyone I've seen saying scuff has a discount code in their description so I cant take them serious.

I know this is Halo 4 I'm going to refer to but the opening intro to the Global Championships got me pretty hype and still does. Plus we got a reunion with Major Nelson and Blair Herter being the hosts for the HWC

And I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get a Halo rap to introduce the players

Off topic but scuff or elite controller? Anyone I've seen saying scuff has a discount code in their description so I cant take them serious.

Have the Elite and love it, I've heard really bad things about Scuff ordering and customer service so I avoided it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have a Scuf but dont use it for Halo as my trigger locks dont let me use weapons such as a plasma caster or plasma pistol properly, which is a pain. They are very good though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

From someone who owns both, my Elite gets far more use.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The xbox app that does livestream if you don't already have it.

Which app is this?

I was gonna use twitch, but I want that armor set lol

Elite.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which app is this?

Xbox Live Events app, on the homepage of the dashboard just click the top right ad for HaloWC and then click the middle tile and it should download.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which app is this?

It's called XLEi

Pretty sure the Twitch app on the Xbox will also work if someone here can confirm

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry for lame question guys, but what time is the finals? Just got back from spring break and am driving to campus, can't really do my own research atm :/.

Which app is this?

You can use either twitch or that app.

Xbox Live Interactive app or something

XLEI

there's a tile on the XB1 home screen that take you directly to it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Elite.

What makes it better than a scuf? Really want to know because I was thinking about getting a scuf.

Sorry for lame question guys, but what time is the finals? Just got back from spring break and am driving to campus, can't really do my own research atm :/.

7pm EST.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As much as I want Naded to win....I think CLG is going to swiftly win 4-1.  I hope I'm wrong.