CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

To be fair, if soccer did double elim for over a decade and then switched it before a tournament, soccer fans would probably take issue with that.

I'm excited for allegiance and believe they deserve to be where they are, but I'm still disappointed in some of the matches we would have been able to see with a losers bracket.

I agree 100%. Believe it or not I support double elim and would prefer it. It's how Halo's always been. It's also great watching teams get second chances and make a huge run through loser's bracket.

My ONLY qualm is with the people saying that single elim is "unfair". Just because it's different doesn't make it unfair.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I want Allegiance to take it because I really want to see Naded get his first win. He's one of the only pros that stuck it out and stayed with Halo during it's darkest days. CLG is a tough squad to beat, but I think Brett and crew can do it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree 100%. Believe it or not I support double elim and would prefer it. It's how Halo's always been. It's also great watching teams get second chances and make a huge run through loser's bracket.

My ONLY qualm is with the people saying that single elim is "unfair". Just because it's different doesn't make it unfair.

Liquid losing 3 maps over 3 series the entire tournament and being elminated is fair? Come on man...

The ONLY rebuttal people seem to have to that statement is "liquid should have just won the series, they knew it was win or go home". Why not just have 1 game series then?

I understand that people aren't used to single elimination, but it's still a legit tournament structure.

Sports use single elim. Literally no one is complaining that it's unfair. Because it's not. It's just different.

I have seen soccer teams lose in the group stages vs teams and then go on to win the tournament. No one is saying that the team's win is undeserved etc. If you play incredibly in pool play, then get thrashed in bracket play then you have no one but yourself to blame. Bracket play is when you have to clutch up.

What other sports do does not pertain to video games. Just because other sports have a shitty way of doing things doesn't mean it's ok for Halo to do it to. If the NFL could have football games every single day of the year without players getting mad, then they would do it. The NFL tried to add one game extra a few years back and players said fuck that. The way other sports do things are HUGELY influenced by money, players, owners, and everything BUT fairness.

Professional sports players do not earn money for placing 4th compared go 6th, 2nd instead of 8th, etc. If they do have incentive bonuses in their contract, it's nowhere near as life changing as it is for the difference of placing in this Halo tournament.

Once again like I asked the poster above me, how is a team losing 3 maps over 3 series and being eliminated even remotely defendable to you?

The best baseball teams on the planet lose 20 to 30 games a year. The best soccer, football, and basketball teams all lose games every year. We have the power to change things for the better with fucking 6-7 minute gametypes.

I can't speak on other people, but I defend double elimination brackets because they are the best way to handle tournaments. I don't think of tournaments of the past for a second when I make these statements. Double elimination seeded brackets with seeds based on record and other stats not reflected in record are king. Anything less than that is a step down.

Great week of Halo though, not going to lie. Some teams earned their placing, some did not. Great tournament, but I think changes should happen and will happen when it comes to tournament structure.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

a naded throwback.

Watching the whole series and reminding my self how much  I want this man too win.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Watching the rebroadcast makes me miss the old MLG VoD days when we could watch each players' POV from every game throughout a tourney :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 6

What other sports do does not pertain to video games. Just because other sports have a shitty way of doing things doesn't mean it's ok for Halo to do it to. If the NFL could have football games every single day of the year without players getting mad, then they would do it. The NFL tried to add one game extra a few years back and players said fuck that. The way other sports do things are HUGELY influenced by money, players, owners, and everything BUT fairness.

Professional sports players do not earn money for placing 4th compared go 6th, 2nd instead of 8th, etc. If they do have incentive bonuses in their contract, it's nowhere near as life changing as it is for the difference of placing in this Halo tournament.

Once again like I asked the poster above me, how is a team losing 3 maps over 3 series and being eliminated even remotely defendable to you?

The best baseball teams on the planet lose 20 to 30 games a year. The best soccer, football, and basketball teams all lose games every year. We have the power to change things for the better with fucking 6-7 minute gametypes.

Agreed. Also, something that you're not pointing out is the strain on the human body in some of these sports. Football is one of the best examples for obvious reasons. They could prolong the seasons, but at the risk of shortening the average length of a players career = Less money being brought in overtime per player, and them having to increase the roster size, and payroll.

Zero sum game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could have had losers bracket matches all day today instead we get one series. At least could have had the semis today too smh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No matter how will finals go, Naded is the true winner here. He build a team around himself with players wich no one gave fuck about and they made it to the finals of the biggest tournament in history of competitive Halo. No shadiness, no team changes, just hard work. You are the man Naded.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

No matter how will finals go, Naded is the true winner here. He build a team around himself with players wich no one gave fuck about and they made it to the finals of the biggest tournament in history of competitive Halo. No shadiness, no team changes, just hard work. You are the man Naded.

I don't know. I don't think str8 sick or goofy thought that when they were dropped. Nevertheless, I don't see why we have to praise players for not making team changes, it's all a part of trying to be the winning team in the end. But trusting in this team, clutching up when needing to and being dedicated more than anyone else are things Naded really deserves credit for.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Penguin, Jimbo, Contra, and Spartan on the same team would be crazy entertaining to watch. Just thinking of random team possibilities.

I just wanted to say regardless of how the community sees my team I love the forums. From the people ive met at regionals and worlds, to the those who create content that gives the community something to talk about. I just wanted to say I appreciate you. The Chads, Tormented, Vetos, Kephris, Audleys and everyone in between are the reason halo is as big as it as. This season was one hell of a ride and I cant wait to see the finals. Thank you TeamBeyond for bringing Halo back.

Let me just make a 100 accounts too keep giving these posts rep

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so hyped for the pro league. With observer mode we're going to potentially be getting well produced, live, high level Halo every week. Rather than scrims we get matches that actually have an impact on the season.

That's a super exciting prospect.

observer mode is for live events only 

• Downvote (-1) 1

observer mode is for live events only

Is it? I thought it was a feature they're pushing out in the future. Sad if it's not.

On another note did anyone clip Naded's post game interview after the RNG series? I wanna watch it again.

So what time does this start, EU time?

midnight CET, -1hr for UK

Penguin, Jimbo, Contra, and Spartan on the same team would be crazy entertaining to watch. Just thinking of random team possibilities.

it might be crazy to watch but IMO Jimbo joining a NA team would be bad for Halo esport in general...

"Taking away" the only EU player that even US fans acknowledge will only hurt international Halo and I'm not even sure how he would do in the NA scene were he is just one of many good  players...

He might make more money though, I have no idea what he makes with epsilon...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know. I don't think str8 sick or goofy thought that when they were dropped. Nevertheless, I don't see why we have to praise players for not making team changes, it's all a part of trying to be the winning team in the end. But trusting in this team, clutching up when needing to and being dedicated more than anyone else are things Naded really deserves credit for.

Huh i already forgot about that. But i was mostly referring about the fact that he had the chance to abandon his team and he didn't, while most of the players would do it without hesitation.

• Upvote (+1) 1