CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG predictions: Lunchbox retires, Roy considers to retire but decides to stick around. They drop Commonly, and pick up Formal, and who knows about the 4th. Some well rounded player like Ace or Pistola perhaps. What would truly be awesome is if they picked up Jimbo, who decided to make the move from EU.

Formal isn't coming back.  Just give it up man.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What are you talking about?

A lot of people wanted and expected EG vs CLG finals. The bracket didn't work out that way, and people are frustrated.

If ALG were to somehow win the finals people would argue that they only won because they got an easier bracket. I've already seen it happening to an extent.

Personally I hate that mentality and I think it sucks that people would basically be saying Naded's first event win doesn't count.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can already tell this next season of Halo is going to be incredible. I expect more players, more events, and more money. Observer mode will make running and hosting online tournaments a far easier and smooth experience. The storylines and team changes going into season 2 will bring so much hype. Can't wait.

• Upvote (+1) 3

At the very least teams placing 3rd-4th in the world championship should have to double elim teams placing 5th-8th, any thing else is a $175,000 mistake that will be complained about no matter who gets placed 3rd-4th over 5th-8th (rightfully so). Could you imagine if some how RNG did manage to place 1st in their group and EG lost to CLG in the first round of bracket play? I would be furious and EG isn't even my favorite team. Can somebody please get this changed. They wouldn't even have to broadcast these games.

EDIT: lol wtf did I get negged for?

Cant say I didnt see this coming... I really wish we could have made a bigger deal about this earlier. Very excited for ALG and CLG none the less.

If ALG were to somehow win the finals people would argue that they only won because they got an easier bracket. I've already seen it happening to an extent.

Well then those people would be idiots, so who cares? I am as far from a Naded fan as there is but the dude showed up today, overcame a HUGE emotional hurdle against a great Renegades team and took care of business against a great Elevate team. If they then proceed to beat the unanimous #1 team tomorrow, clearly Naded deserves the hard-earned W. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A lot of people wanted and expected EG vs CLG finals. The bracket didn't work out that way, and people are frustrated.

Personally I hate that mentality and I think it sucks that people would basically be saying Naded's first event win doesn't count.

I'm biased but I think ALG beating RNG was a huge test for them and should stop any of that talk. Like CLG, ALG had their bracket winning match in the Quarters.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think it would be fun to give it a try and see where it goes. Honestly though I feel a little bad for Commonly. Having a ton of people talk about who is going to replace him and getting a ton of hate thrown his way when really the issues they were having were becoming apparent before he even came into the picture (hence the Lethul switch).

I can empathize with that, but when people look and see that EG was essentially a God Squad when they had a more experienced player like Lxthvl, then when they pick up a young buck like Commonly they're downgraded to being a top 3 team. Although issues have been there, people are going to point their fingers at Commonly.

Either way, it was an excellent learning, and growing experience for him.

I can already tell this next season of Halo is going to be incredible. I expect more players, more events, and more money. 

Don't expect any of that. We're going into a Pro League. Open Bracket LAN events may still exist but they'll take a back seat, and there won't be a big money tournament like HWC2016 for a while.

Online League for X Weeks -> Season Playoffs w/ decent Prize Pool

Predictions:

• 8 Team NA League
  • 4 Team EU League (Wildcard at Season Finals)
  • $50k - $100k Season Playoffs
  • ESL Invitational Event (Katowice-style) 

Observer mode will make running and hosting online tournaments a far easier and smooth experience. The storylines and team changes going into season 2 will bring so much hype. Can't wait.

You can however, expect Beyond and ASTROSpartans to be using the new Observer Mode to make our broadcasts 200% more badass.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Microsoft is going all in on PC gaming, I expect halo 6 to be on PC with cross platform play (no idea how they balance it)

I was taking with eagle burn in twitch chat and he thinks h6 could even be f2p based on h5's strong focus on req packs, and I thought that was a great point

F2p + PC = this game picks up steam in a major way

Dont know how halo pc would play out. Does HCS stay on console, do they allow cross platform play and how do you balance that, do console players become red headed step children?

Still hoping H5 goes F2P at E3. Perfect time to along with Firefight launch. Excited to get Firefight/Season 3/2017 HWC news tomorrow. 30k veiwers yesterday, 37k today is pretty good IMO. Considering Ultra, LCS and a CS:GO tourny were all this weekend.

No LB is weird....will we even get good viewer numbers tomorrow? No time to build up a base.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can already tell this next season of Halo is going to be incredible. I expect more players, more events, and more money. Observer mode will make running and hosting online tournaments a far easier and smooth experience. The storylines and team changes going into season 2 will bring so much hype. Can't wait.

I'm so hyped for the pro league. With observer mode we're going to potentially be getting well produced, live, high level Halo every week. Rather than scrims we get matches that actually have an impact on the season.

That's a super exciting prospect.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Renegades had no one player who consistently dragged the team down this weekend, saying that Ninja or Spartan or anyone else choked is a massive overstatement and is completely untrue. Victory X's map positioning and awareness was the best it has been in Halo 5, Spartan's reaction times were through the roof (Lazer Focus), Ninja's aggressiveness fit the bill and his stellar objective work came out of the woodworks, and Stellur solidified himself as a great support player and also a great Sniper. They deteriorated after getting reverse swept in Coli CTF and that caused them to choke in Plaza Slayer and Eden Strongholds in small ways.

Liquid also played out of their mind, Heinz and Unlegit specifically were making plays throughout the weekend. Denial was a close series, and while I don't blame Ace for missing some very difficult Snipes, there was a clear communication breakdown that cost them that last game of Plaza Slayer. APG got OS, Heinz and Unlegit abandoned Ace at Yard (not sure if Ace didn't listen to callouts, or if they didn't tell him they were rotating). Had they moved Sniper to Cinema and pushed APG into Cafe, they would have easily taken the game.

Both teams played excellently, there wasn't any player that completely botched the entire Championship for them.

Both teams got to the door step but couldn't break it down. All season. I'd say the results speak for themselves. Not one player is ever at fault but rather a team which all shares in the blame. Ninja and Ace have to look within. Their decisions to split up where ultimately pointless. They choked when they teamed (WhoisKingnicks legendary Regret series) and they never resolved their problems but simply spread them to two separate teams. We saw 2 of the bigger bed wets of all time today between each team captains squad. Ace was the actual wetter while Ninja was more or less just a part of a wetting.

Spartan and Stellur are supreme talents and it goes with out question they will move on to better and bigger things, maybe with Snipedown and Penguin?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm not looking forward to rostermania, I can already imagine the mind boggling moves some of these teams are going to make to TRY and catch up with CLG.

EG is not a top 2 team ... their placing reflects their skill level at this tournament. Commonly and Lunchbox are not top 10 players in H5.

Cratos winning $250k would be just as terrible as Demon D winning a national championship ... but I hope Naded can get the win

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I'm not looking forward to rostermania, I can already imagine the mind boggling moves some of these teams are going to make to TRY and catch up with CLG

I feel like Elevate and Denial are gonna get poached hard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since people are finally joining me on that Penguin hype push cart (it's not even a train yet...) I checked Skype logs to see exactly when it was I first started believing in him...

d9f10d7395f361a8035607bb0b0a290c.png

Tilted myself even more when I saw I'd unwittingly named 3 of the 16 players that would finish top 4 at the Halo World Championships... 3 and a half months ago, when most of those players weren't on anyone's radars motion sensors.

(Message was a semi-joke to my friend at eLevate, not to a player.)

• Upvote (+1) 7

Since people are finally joining me on that Penguin hype push cart (it's not even a train yet...) I checked Skype logs to see exactly when it was I first started believing in him...

Tilted myself even more when I saw I'd unwittingly named 3 of the 16 players that would finish top 4 at the Halo World Championships... 3 and a half months ago, when most of those players weren't on anyone's radars motion sensors.

Ive been a firm Penguin believer since the start. He's unbelievable at this game and im excited that people are starting to realize that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Roster Mania is pretty much completely unpredictable at this point:

• Who retires from EG, does Commonly get dropped?
  • What does Naded do?
  • Winterfox? OpTic?
  • Liquid is going to break up, who is going to stick with their org?
  • Triggers Pound is going to be all over the place
  • Renegades is probably the team with the highest chance to stick together but I don't think they have the guts to do it
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You know, thinking about it, Ogre 2 sort of is represented at Worlds afterall. Even though they dropped him, he was the one who had faith in and wanted to team with Royal 2 and Snakebite when there were stirrings that Halo was coming back. And those guys now are unquestionably top 5 players in the game. Tom made the right choice years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 2

(Message was a semi-joke to my friend at eLevate, not to a player.)

You're so cerebral Audley, I'm glad that we have you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tomorrow basically depends on CLG shutting down a very very hyped/tryhardy Naded and fixing their slayers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know, thinking about it, Ogre 2 sort of is represented at Worlds afterall. Even though they dropped him, he was the one who had faith in and wanted to team with Royal 2 and Snakebite when there were stirrings that Halo was coming back. And those guys now are unquestionably top 5 players in the game. Tom made the right choice years ago.

Also remember when they dropped Cloud, and Cloud insisted that CLG would to continue to have the same problems(referring to Ogre 2)? As much as I hate to say it, turns out he was right. Still think Ogre 2 has a ton of skill left and can compete at the top level still so I hope hes not done.

• Upvote (+1) 1