CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah ALG had to beat RNG a team who beat EG, Elevate, a team that hadnt lost a gme prior to this series, and some foreign teams. They did more than EG though. EG didn't beat a single NA team. 

Its a pointless argument, its all based on draws but you have to win games to make it far.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So Allegiance is going to beat RNG, Elevate and some foreign teams to win 500k?

Welcome to randomized brackets where even when you lose you get the easy side of the bracket while the other side has the top 3 teams from regionals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You say that like it's been easy for them. Both RNG and Elevate who is currently putting up a fight have made it very difficult. They all belong there. Easy looking from behind a computer.

You solidify my point - it hasn't been easy for them to beat RNG and Elevate. A very empty 2nd place for them (and 3-4 for Elevate for that matter).

And? RNG smashed EG, and Elevate is playing insanely well. Don't be salty.

"Smashed"

LOL

• Upvote (+1) 2

The difference is that comp Halo has been around for over a decade. Normal H3 tourneys had these numbers... 7 years ago.

Comparing it to Halo 3 is silly. The context of the time surrounding Halo 3 is completely different than present day. 

EG didn't beat a single NA team. 

How many of you had this in your pre-tournament predictions? 

• Upvote (+1) 8

im so torn.  i would love to see naded win and have the chance to win the finals, but on the other hand, i really like the underdog. 

game 7 would be sick to see

Comparing it to Halo 3 is silly. The context of the time surrounding Halo 3 is completely different than present day. 

Still 7 years ago when esports was just sprouting, it definitely says something. 

Welcome to randomized brackets where even when you lose you get the easy side of the bracket while the other side has the top 3 teams from regionals.

On the other hand, if the favored teams didn't lose their pool play matches, the bracket would've looked like this:

QFs:

CLG vs. RNG

ALG vs. ELV

EG vs. TL

DNL vs. C9

Giving us EG vs. DNL (the 2nd/3rd place match that didn't happen at regionals) and CLG vs. ALG semis, potentially CLG-EG finals. Maybe it was rigged, but they didn't count on so many teams choking in pool play.

That isn't to say I'm not in favor of double elim, but something interesting to think about...

You solidify my point - it hasn't been easy for them to beat RNG and Elevate. A very empty 2nd place for them (and 3-4 for Elevate for that matter).

Yea. Basically they took 2nd to Liquid, and Liquid got the harder side of the bracket.

Seems fair.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still 7 years ago when esports was just sprouting, it definitely says something. 

What it says is that Halo was killed sometime in between H3 and H5, and it's just now coming back.

OMG IM SO FUCKING HAPPY I CNA LSEEP LYIEWJRMLSDMFLKSDF

• Upvote (+1) 1