CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do we know when the bracket will be announced? Probably after pool play finishes tomorrow?

this post deserved to be negged as much as Skyfire deserves to win against CLG  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Most likely to take down CLG:

EG

RNG

Epsilon

CLG

?

definitely has to be CLG 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most likely to take down CLG:

EG

RNG

Epsilon

CLG

?

If today was any indication of possible teams to take down CLG. In my opinion these 4, RNG, Liquid, EG, Denial (even though they played weaker teams they still did great). 

We'll see what tomorrow has in store for us. 

If today was any indication of possible teams to take down CLG. In my opinion these 4, RNG, Liquid, EG, Denial (even though they played weaker teams they still did great). 

We'll see what tomorrow has in store for us. 

I agree that besides CLG themselves, I think RNG has the best chance to beat them. They seem to be one of the only teams aggressive enough to take CLG out of their game.

All in all, great first day! It's no longer deniable that Halo eSports is growing!

Is it just a bubble that will burst without the giant prize pool though.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Glad all the people I negged for predicting infused would beat RNG were proven wrong :)

TBH RNG not making bracket play was more ridiculous than most power rankers placing RNG 3rd, which a lot of ppl seemed upset about at first.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG didnt look great on day 1 of X Games and came back strong, I expect them to do the same.

Is there any information on how the quarter final draw will work yet?

• Upvote (+1) 1

A few thoughts:

Elevate and Denial have yet to play and are both undefeated in map count. Should be a great pool play series tomorrow.

I had TL in my top 3 going into this event, and really think they can upset a team like EG if they meet in the quarters.

An EG vs CLG quarters matchup would be insanity, and is entirely possible at this point. 

RNG won their pool but can still possibly be matched vs Denial, Allegiance, Elevate or Epsilon in the quarters. I think they will be hoping for a group C matchup.

CLG is dominant but their series with Epsilon showed us that if a team is playing their A game, they can be beat.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yes, we would be right back in the agl days

but esports are big money now so i honestly don't ever see microsoft dropping HCS completely 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know this is Cursed Lemon's take on the scene currently too, and it's an legitimate concern and worry about the interest level in Halo.

But since we know there's going to be another World Championship next year, maybe we don't need to worry about a large prize pool disappearing. I'm just excited to hear about the structure of the pro league after Worlds, and that should give us an indication for whether people will keep playing or not (assuming people come back to the game in time for HWC year 2 at the worst).

• Upvote (+1) 2

TBH RNG not making bracket play was more ridiculous than most power rankers placing RNG 3rd, which a lot of ppl seemed upset about at first.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Prior to today, LAN RNG was known to be shaky and easily tilted, and they lost to an EU team before. At the time, the prediction was not so outlandish, though it still would have been an upset, just like their loss to Epsilon was.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So has anyone done the math and figured out which teams are officially in/out of the bracket?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad all the people I negged for predicting infused would beat RNG were proven wrong :)

Glad you finally posted for once so i could neg you back

If I remember correctly, only the finals is taking place on Sunday? If that's the case then we have a lot of matches for tomorrow and the entirety of the bracket up until the final 2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But either way looks like tomorrow will be quite an eventful day.

When you don't get the RNG fan shout-out after tracking every RNG kill in every RNG scrim

tumblr_lwvp3sbaQX1qii6tmo1_500.gif

I thought you were an EG fan?!

for the most part i agree, we would be right back in the agl days

GinaGIF.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought you were an EG fan?!

No. I just respect the fact that they win, and can win under pressure. It may sound like I am an EG fan because I don't like CLG, but I really am not.

I am "objective". 

I know this is Cursed Lemon's take on the scene currently too, and it's an legitimate concern and worry about the interest level in Halo.

But since we know there's going to be another World Championship next year, maybe we don't need to worry about a large prize pool disappearing. I'm just excited to hear about the structure of the pro league after Worlds, and that should give us an indication for whether people will keep playing or not (assuming people come back to the game in time for HWC year 2 at the worst).

I just don't see enough interest overall in the game for real growth to occur. If this wasn't halo and it wasn't backed by a company like microsoft who has money to burn the money wouldn't be there either.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Imagine RNG vs ALG and EG vs CLG round 1. The forums would be like 

tumblr_nhvrzfr9Hb1r0h2z3o1_400.gif

pretty sure thats not the correct way to perform CPR. wayy too many blows :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

GinaGIF.gif

derp'd, that's dyslexia rearing it's ugly head, to answer his question, yes

i really really really hope allegiance beats excel tomorrow, i know they will, but that 3-0 from liquid really shook my confidence in them

I missed the TL vs ALG series. Was it close on a game by game basis? Or did TL look dominant?

As a closet Ninja/RNG fan, I'm really happy with how they played today. All 5 of them were on point.

• Upvote (+1) 3