CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do we know when the bracket will be announced? Probably after pool play finishes tomorrow?

The last 8 pool play matches are tomorrow, presumably followed by the first 6 matches of the bracket. Sunday is JUST the finals IIRC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jimbo with the hot roast assumably aimed at Infused.

jimbo with the hot sub tweet

ty for providing context

Personally I like Walshy's style even with the inaccurate statements. Without a script he has to find a way to speak fluently and provide detailed analysis in between play-by-play. He said a few things today that no longer apply to Halo 5 since the meta has evolved but he also provides an insight that not many other casters have. As long as he sits down with pros tonight and goes over strategies and meta he will be fine.

Minor visual bs with the main channel...today was pretty solid.  #bsquad

Excited for tomorrow!

allgood.gif

And the summit shout out!

does anyone know what Spartan shouted across to EG during their series?

He said "Hamy (Commonly) you are getting dropped after this event" or something similar.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That Summit shoutout haha awesome stuff

i missed it, glad they shouted him out, he should be celebrated for introducing his audience to HCS

"Commonly you're getting dropped after worlds"

But is Halo back yet competitively? @@Cursed Lemon

if there wasn't a 2.5 million dollar tourney would people be interested? the obvious answer is no

don't speak ill of cursed lemon 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But is Halo back yet competitively? @@Cursed Lemon

His point about developer funded tournaments still stands. 

But keep trying to instigate shit. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Jimbo with the hot roast assumably aimed at Infused.

not surprised to see this, infused were flaming the shit out of epsilon on twitter the week leading up to the event

His point about developer funded tournaments still stands. 

But keep trying to instigate shit. 

Just waiting for the wise words from the Halo guru himself

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Glad all the people I negged for predicting infused would beat RNG were proven wrong :)

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Thanks for your answer. New to esports and haven't followed too much Halo 5, so I was generally asking why this tournament is the way it is. When I heard "worlds" I thought the best teams in the world, not the whole world is included. I thought the other parts of the world were included to begin with and had to qualify, and worlds was the final tournament with the best teams, no matter the region.

Was this a bad question to ask? The neg 18 bomb for a question I was generally curious about kind of makes me not even want to ask questions at all anymore. Is it always like this here?

Don't be afraid to ask questions. People can assume you're being sarcastic/a smartass, but that doesn't illegitimize your question. Other people have mentioned it already, but this particular discussion is touchy around here. There are some big names that aren't at Worlds (Ogre 2, Pistola, Mikwen, etc.) that most everybody knows/believes could hang with teams from other regions around the world. It's a bummer, but you can't fault anybody except the players themselves for not qualifying at North American Regionals. They had their chance like the other 8 NA teams that ARE at Worlds.

More on topic, this was so much fun to watch today. That EG/RNG series and CLG/Epsilon were probably my favorite matches today. What time does the stream start up tomorrow?

• Upvote (+1) 4