CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Seeing drama tweets but not knowing what's going on has me like:

Two things, at least as far as Snakebite's tweet are concerned. The first being that colors are being decided by a coin flip, meaning that seeding from regionals and prior don't mean a thing. The second being that the instant powerup glitch hasn't been addressed and will be free game in matches. Something that impacts how matches are played to a severe degree and can potentially break the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

check that bad boy out

Wish they would of held these out for the winners.

But still pretty sick nonetheless 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wish they would of held these out for the winners.

But still pretty sick nonetheless 

they did, only the winners get them  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like a kid the night before Christmas lol what series is everyone looking forward to the most tomorrow? I'm personally looking forward to the Liquid/Allegiance matchup.

• Upvote (+1) 1

they did, only the winners get them  :simms:

Then no complaints from me :ghost:

I hate that my 2 favourite underdogs are in the same group, and in the same group as CLG at that. 

I feel like a kid the night before Christmas.

Hell, this is my Christmas

• Upvote (+1) 1

Two things, at least as far as Snakebite's tweet are concerned. The first being that colors are being decided by a coin flip, meaning that seeding from regionals and prior don't mean a thing. The second being that the instant powerup glitch hasn't been addressed and will be free game in matches. Something that impacts how matches are played to a severe degree and can potentially break the game.

Thanks. The first point I don't mind that much tbh. In group stage at least I think colors could even switch between games.

The second is concerning, but even if it happens and a game breaks I'm sure the game will continue whether it is slayer or flag. If it happens on strongholds we may have an issue.

The concerning thing about the power up glitch, is that if you're losing, you could try to break the game intentionally. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Did the players actually try to bring up the powerup glitch in the meeting or did they just let reps talk the whole time hoping something would be said? I would at least hope the former. If the latter then maybe the build they use it's not a problem or it actually isn't gamebreaking?

The team colors I don't see as a big deal and should be the least of everyone's problem but I'm not playing for a share of $2.5m ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has it ever actually been confirmed that the power up glitch is what causes the game to break?

Beyond anecdotal evidence of I've not had the game break without the powerups being glitched? No, but I also don't know anyone who has gone to test it with the sole intention of seeing if it breaks the game.

Did the players actually try to bring up the powerup glitch in the meeting or did they just let reps talk the whole time hoping something would be said? I would at least hope the former. If the latter then maybe the build they use it's not a problem or it actually isn't gamebreaking?

The team colors I don't see as a big deal and should be the least of everyone's problem but I'm not playing for a share of $2.5m ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://twitter.com/Kieranfitzz/status/710674173224333312

Sounds like the players were quite vocal.

I think he looks like one of the random gang members from Fallout: New Vegas.

or one from borderlands.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As long as there is a rule in place for the power up glitch, whether it's allowed or not, what is going to happen if the game breaks, etc. and those rules are used correctly and the same for any and every time it happens, it should be okay. If there are problems, it's going to be when the judgement calls start coming into play. I hope that doesn't happen.

I disagree with allowing it, mainly because it has a chance to ruin the viewer experience if the game crashes, but if it's allowed then it needs to be 100% and not sometimes yes, sometimes no. 

Didn't someone from 343 tweet that it doesn't break the game on closed servers? Who knows, maybe they're right.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope RNG and TL get to go against each other. Probably the 2nd biggest rivalry behind EG vs CLG. They'll probably both get first rounded by EG/CLG and get 5th-8th anyways  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 4

4:25pm GMT no? We're 7 hours in front of PDT and our clocks don't change 'til next weekend.

If that's the case, then yeah, 4:25 GMT.

As long as there is a rule in place for the power up glitch, whether it's allowed or not, what is going to happen if the game breaks, etc. and those rules are used correctly and the same for any and every time it happens, it should be okay. If there are problems, it's going to be when the judgement calls start coming into play. I hope that doesn't happen.

I disagree with allowing it, mainly because it has a chance to ruin the viewer experience if the game crashes, but if it's allowed then it needs to be 100% and not sometimes yes, sometimes no. 

Didn't someone from 343 tweet that it doesn't break the game on closed servers? Who knows, maybe they're right.

If there is even a one percent chance of it breaking the game, it's not worth it. This is the biggest stage Halo has ever had, are you really going to allow for the possibility of the game breaking and Kotaku/Forbes/other media outlets writing headlines of how 'Halo's 2 million dollar tournament turns disatrous'? I realize that's hyperbolic, but holy shit has 343 not learned from their mistakes in the past with H2A. 

Beyond the worst case scenario, it's also confusing to anyone not familiar with the glitch (if pro Twitch chats are any indicator, very few players/viewers are even aware of it's existence). Viewers will be confused as to why one player died picking up overshield while another got it instantly, why the powerups aren't coming up at consistent two minute intervals, etc. 

It's just a mess from any angle you look at it and matches should either be played on a build prior to the glitch beng present or dq teams that use it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've had the game break without the power up glitch happening. I have extreme doubts that it causes crashes or lagouts. It is fucked up when the power up stops working though and that should be enough for a reset.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snakebite is not only complaining about something going on HWC (343 decision making or something) but also said this in his CLG interview:

"It is definitely one of the most casual friendly games and I really believe that it is going to help our scene."

Dumb question but is it at 9:00est or pst?

9AM PST