Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You're setting yourself up to look like an idiot when it happens

it won't tho
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i miss all the fun streams, RIP my EU life

uhhh twitch.tv/life2thastyle
  • Upvote (+1) 8

What is this os glitch everyone speaks of? Sorry if I am.behind the times don't play much anymore

damn guess I shouldn't even bother watching if I can't root for my team to make the finals.

esports is a real thing when like every other sport people start referring to teams in the possessive manner...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I like how Allegiance was mad people weren't giving them enough props before LAN based on online results. Now they are mad people are giving online more respect in regards to their placings.

Remember Allegiance was dominant online before XGames.

we always sucked in scrims only did good in online cups. But Idc regardless I just wanna see a European team upset someone at finals
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah, for this reason I'm not a fan of the graphs. I'm appreciative of what @@ssbChad is trying to do but graphs usually try to illustrate a point and or demonstrate progression but in this case it doesn't work for me. The samples between the data points are just completely different contexts (different teams, teammates, opponents, game modes, online vs LAN) so it's hard to even say 'oh hm, that's interesting' and basically impossible to come to any sort of conclusion.

I understand what you're saying, but when the season goes from completely online, to 2 LAN events (the first having only 6 NA teams), there's only so much I can do.

Also, the team changes/rule changes are something I can't control either. If I were to start splitting off even further, we'd start to see extremely small sample sizes (like 5.000 K/Ds for winning 1 game on The Rig for example)

Blame the season structure, not me. I wish we had LAN events every 2-3 weeks leading up to Regionals and Worlds, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

So, I work with what I'm given. :\

• Upvote (+1) 1

We should totally use online and scrims to determine power rankings more!

It's all in good fun, think of it like the NFL Off-Season power rankings. They don't mean anything.

But for real, stop worrying what us keyboard warriors think and focus on that 2.5 million.

• Upvote (+1) 7

We should totally use online and scrims to determine power rankings more!

As soon as somebody holds weekly LAN events we can use those instead. 

:simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

EG has been doing very well since they stopped streaming scrims.

Inb4 EG actually makes it a series with CLG but loses a heartbreakingly close finals match

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing most people who COMPLAIN about spawn killing are complaining about is hto - Holding the Objective - intentionally avoiding scoring / ending the game in order to draw out the game in order to get more kills / better stats.

There's an important distinction between ACTUAL spawn killing (good, healthy, important part of core Halo) and holding the objective (poor sportsmanship, great way to get newer players to ragequit and never play again).

To tie it into the "competitive" thread... Imagine if CLG went to Worlds and got Coliseum Flag vs Skyfire, then had someone sit in Skyfire's Cave, one person sit on Skyfire's Flag, one top Rockets, and one in CLG's Window (or something to that effect) and they just spent the remainder of the game killing the players that spawn Rocket Corner and bottom base.

The majority of people watching would be like... "That's fucked up. They know you're better, just end the game."

People don't do that because it's a dick move.

Some people would think that. Others would be entertained.

Some people get pissed when Tom Brady is out there throwing for TD number 6 on 4th and 1 when his team is up by 50 points. Others love it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

we always sucked in scrims only did good in online cups. But Idc regardless I just wanna see a European team upset someone at finals

I really hope its you.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Regret slayer would actually be really really good without radar and fuel....the movement skillgap on that map is nutty

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like how Allegiance was mad people weren't giving them enough props before LAN based on online results. Now they are mad people are giving online more respect in regards to their placings.

Remember Allegiance was dominant online before XGames.

Remember they were dominant at breakout in Bo3 and before the current CLG squad was formed. It's not they they were worse on LAN than they were online, it's that their best gametype was removed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

WFX K/D and KA/D over the course of the Season

0av4Ohf.png

xoMhGQG.png

(For those wondering, I'm saving the Top 8 NA Teams so I can include their Worlds Stats for the graphic)

• Upvote (+1) 5

3c31c76b00afe40d72954583408e3675.png

What about including a "Community" aggregate vote for these rankings you mentioned for future articles? Beyond members could vote and that could be stacked up against the "power rankers."

Really loved the article btw, looking forward to more of them!

• Upvote (+1) 7

3c31c76b00afe40d72954583408e3675.png

Infinity with the Epsilon Vote  :simms: is the list supposed to be top 8 teams world wide or just NA?