CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who was? :simms:

In December, when there were 4 Breakout maps, EG had the highest Breakout win rate among all teams.

And although their sample size is much smaller due to forming late, Renegades had a higher win rate on Breakout than Allegiance.

You guys were hyped as "a Breakout only team" because you were winning tournament series by winning Slayers and Breakout, but from what I saw it looked like Renegades were better at playing Breakout.

yes

@@Cratos why you not like my response? CLG dominates literally everyone. there are no exceptions

didn't mean too. And I know
  • Upvote (+1) 3

i've been thinking about doing this but i'm lazy

i really want to make a halo calendar so everyone knows when every halo event is, i want to support world wide halo but i don't always know whats going on

windragon couldn't get his visa so i guess they are looking for a replacement

That's really bad, Windragon coach them very well in the LATAM finals.

They should not make the mistake Chosen Legacy did trying to play with callouts in spanish and english at the same time. If they grab another coach, it must be someone who speak spanish too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

snip

1) Damn, CLG fucked on ALG, HARD.

2) Wow, c9. Damn. Good shit.

3) Close series between Liquid and Elevate doesn't surprise me. Liquid needs to keep the scrims going nightly after that odd-timed break.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i wish i could plus rep that more than once

Would you say nine times?

Nine times.

• Upvote (+1) 4

twitch shitting the bed for anyone else?

When it does, I just send angry emails to Amazon, and they give me a free extra month of Prime. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

4972b7f73b2b7303e47f6cbcc94da9f5.png

Ace is that you?  :kappa:

LOL. I always thought that intro to the Hysteria/Neighbor tage was absurd.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I finally caught up after missing the last 80+ pages. I just have to say, never fall that behind. I loved reading everything, but catching up sucks. 

I know this is like 15 pages ago, but I really don't like how people are sleeping on Renegades. With how they have looked (except against CLG), how can people believe that they are not going to make it out of their bracket? I can even see them (IF everything goes right) taking the series against EG. When Renegades is on, they are a top 3 team. I know they haven't looked good in LANs, but expect them to be ready. 

In somewhat related news, I am bummed out that I will be missing most of the World's weekend. The girlfriend and I are traveling for spring break, and there is no chance in hell she will let me spend the weekend in Florida in front of my laptop. I will miss it, but am hoping for a great weekend of Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

For some odd reason, people see Renegades as a legit top 3 team, despite the fact that they lose to top 8-16 teams on LAN, and ALG as a fluke online team, despite the fact that the only teams they've lost to on LAN ended up placing 2nd at the respective events.

Name bias is strong.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 4

For some odd reason, people see Renegades as a legit top 3 team, despite the fact that they lose to top 8-16 teams on LAN, and ALG as a fluke online team, despite the fact that the only teams they've lost to on LAN ended up placing 2nd at the respective events.

Name bias is strong.

Might not be the popular opinion but still:

Name bias is not strong. If we were going by name bias in terms of accomplishments, then Allegiance and Renegades wouldn't be top teams. When was the last time any player on either team won something big? Name bias really only affects EG and CLG. 

How can you deduce anything from 2 LANs in H5? Outside of EG and CLG, it is a crapshoot for 3 onward. 2 LANs aren't enough to determine anything really. I don't think much can be said outside of the fact that CLG and EG are the top teams on LAN. Arguably, everyone else "hasn't shown up." Allegiance was considered the top team going into X-Games because of their online placings, and they didn't win. They were the top seeded team going into Regionals (though CLG was better), and didn't win. I don't see how anything besides what I mentioned can be taken away from LANs when there have been so few of them. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Might not be the popular opinion but still:

Name bias is not strong. If we were going by name bias in terms of accomplishments, then Allegiance and Renegades wouldn't be top teams. When was the last time any player on either team won something big? Name bias really only affects EG and CLG. 

How can you deduce anything from 2 LANs in H5? Outside of EG and CLG, it is a crapshoot for 3 onward. 2 LANs aren't enough to determine anything really. I don't think much can be said outside of the fact that CLG and EG are the top teams on LAN. Arguably, everyone else "hasn't shown up." Allegiance was considered the top team going into X-Games because of their online placings, and they didn't win. They were the top seeded team going into Regionals (though CLG was better), and didn't win. I don't see how anything besides what I mentioned can be taken away from LANs when there have been so few of them. 

Allegiance were never seriously considered to be the best team in H5. Before Lethul left EG pretty much everyone expected them to continue to dominate on Lan. When he made the switch to CLG they were considered the God Squad right away. So no, they were never considered to be the "top team".