CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Tom might have been better at ZBNS Reach, but we only have one real event to gauge that on. If we went by the first ever Halo 3 event for who was the best at Halo 3, Soldier187 and FeaR would be in the conversation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously? How do you not know that, ahaha. Hasn't it always been like that through the series?

That was introduced in Reach, prior to that the motion sensor had no sense of elevation. It has been up/down arrows, but the pro team probably told them that was way too much information.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@bunniesz23 Oh really? I coulda swore in Halo 2 there was some sort of indication of elevation differences between people... Guess i miss remembered. Still silly a player on a top team doesn't have that tiny bit of game knowledge though. 

Total raised in Ninja's stream was $8,244.75. He ended at 17 1/2 hours. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Did he fall asleep? Couldn't catch the end.

Why are we still arguing Og2 and Lethul, Og2 is the GOAT, Lethul is the current Dark Master and Lord of Halo, very simple concept.

Did he fall asleep? Couldn't catch the end.

Yeah he decided to call it quits around 2:30am Central. Ninja set the goal for $5,000 and that goal was smashed, so he went to sleep on a high note.

• Upvote (+1) 2

C9 has incredible potential. Seeing them perform online is a good sign for them.

Allegiance seems to be slumping a bit, although it's hard to really say that conclusively based on scrims and online results.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who played individually the best is subjective.

No commentator is above exaggerating or making sensationalized comments. Walshy said at regionals that Hysteria used to just kill things and that it was nice to see him be a well-rounded player now -_-

Performance in one event on the best or second best team does not prove he was better than lethal.

I say all of this as someone who has huge respect for Ogre 2's skill and professionalism.

I was only defending the Goat from sweeping statements. And as the two regular posters (who we all should know) like to use stats and events as evidence to why Ogre 2 should retire. I felt I would do the same, as if you watch the WHOLE! event, you'll see Ogre 2 played the best on instinct by each match performance. It was not just subjective on the opinion of the casters, but by watching EVERY match Ogre 2 played. So all I was doing was proving Traaap to be ignorant, and using his tactics against him! MuHAHAHAh!!! Oh and yes I know it was only one event bro, but everyone already knew the mechanics of Reach. And this event was special as hell. Everyone knew it was the event to change MLG's mind to not drop halo. So everyone was GRINDING like crazy, and it was highly more skilled with N/B and N/S. So Ogre 2 was better than Lethul at N/B N/S and Tj at Halo 5 :) I shall go back to lurking, and shall only return to defend the Ogre's honor. That's all Folks ;)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

would anyone who is super involved in the community be interested in doing a weekly update sort of thing for the hcs including scrim scores and other things(the noble situation, team changes, etc.)? it could be similar to reddit in that the most upvoted posts could go on the update including all the dank memes. it's just incredibly time consuming to go through 50 pages in order to find the 20 important/interesting posts that aren't arguing about why ogre 2 isn't/is washed  :lxthul:

just a thought, a lot of people like interacting with the community but some people just want to know what's going on in general

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey all,

I am having @@Sandman on my radio show this week to talk about photography in gaming. Stuff he see's behind the scene, how he sets up for an event etc.

Ever wonder how he is getting those awesome shots? 

Send over any questions you would have for him! Will be live tomorrow at 7pm ET or I will post the link of the podcast on Friday! 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hey all,

I am having @@Sandman on my radio show this week to talk about photography in gaming. Stuff he see's behind the scene, how he sets up for an event etc.

Ever wonder how he is getting those awesome shots? 

Send over any questions you would have for him! Will be live tomorrow at 7pm ET or I will post the link of the podcast on Friday! 

I don't really have any questions because I know zero about photography, but I am interested in hearing what things are like at events from his point of view.  I look forward to your show!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there any proof that playing on closed servers is any different from playing on LAN? Aside from the fact that you need the XBL connection to get on the game.

You don't need an XBL connection to play on Halo 5 LAN -- because they aren't playing release Halo 5.  They're playing a dev build that is controlled by a separate computer.  In fact, it's not online at all, which protects the games from DDoS threats.

2gre ... was quite clearly the 4th best player on that team.

Lethul was the 4th best player on the Infamous roster that beat the God Squad.

• Upvote (+1) 4

would anyone who is super involved in the community be interested in doing a weekly update sort of thing for the hcs including scrim scores and other things(the noble situation, team changes, etc.)? it could be similar to reddit in that the most upvoted posts could go on the update including all the dank memes. it's just incredibly time consuming to go through 50 pages in order to find the 20 important/interesting posts that aren't arguing about why ogre 2 isn't/is washed  :lxthul:

just a thought, a lot of people like interacting with the community but some people just want to know what's going on in general

Actually already got this in the works. I'm going to be creating a very brief, weekly review of all things HCS and HWC. Unfortunately it'll have to be after Worlds as I've currently got tons going on (Interviewing/Vegas Amusement Expo) over the next two weeks. But as soon as I'm able, this is my next project. 

• Upvote (+1) 2