CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You guys have been saying ogre 2 is washed since h3 man, same story every time too.  He gets screwed over once and you guys throw a parade lol.

Man, i cant wait for season 4.  LFG!

Well, every time they say he's washed, he wins a championship soon after.  So, let them keep saying it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let me get this straight, you guys think lethul is better than ogre 2 at h5 because ogre 2 got shaded on his birthday by his team 3 days before the rosterlock?  

#logic

Ogre 2's team(envy) formed 3 days before roster lock, the team of 3 that lethul joined(clg) has been teaming for years but you guys still continue to doubt the goat when lethul clearly got the better end of the stick? ...okay...sure :intensifies:

lethul was better than 2gre when he was on EG. Nobody is saying 2gre is bad, but when solely comparing those two, lethul has better placings, skill, stats, scrims wins, silver medals and dank memes. (in H5) Again nobody is being disrespectful or saying 2gre is bad.

• Upvote (+1) 7

lethul was better than 2gre when he was on EG. Nobody is saying 2gre is bad, but when solely comparing those two, lethul has better placings, skill, stats, scrims wins, silver medals and dank memes. (in H5) Again nobody is being disrespectful or saying 2gre is bad.

Exactly, people freak out and say we're "throwing a parade" by saying Lethul, who is one of the top 5 H5 players, is better than 2gre. They start bringing up other Halo games even though we clearly only said this was the case in Halo 5. It's honesty unbelievable how people act when you say the slightest of negative things about the guy. Just watch them play man, seriously, this isn't even a question, I'm not even satisfied with the "oh well, that's your opinion" route here lol.

It's hard to put into words how a Halo player is better than another so all I can say is just watch the two play, if you come away saying Ogre 2 is better than you are out of your mind. ​Lethul knows exactly what to do and where to go in order to benefit his team the best and has the shot, movement, and decision making speed to execute it at the elite level. Ogre 2 has the first quality, it's why he's stayed in the top tier of Halo for so long, but clearly lacks the latter 3.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ogre 2 is better than Lethul during CE to Reach

Lethul is better than Ogre on both H2A and H5.

That should solve the argument.

I'd argue Lethul was better at Reach as well.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd argue Lethul was better at Reach as well.

That would be very hard to argue becuse Ogre was on the god squad. That's why I included Reach.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Sure you can have your opinion. If your opinion is that 2gre is better than Lethul at H5 then it's a stupid one, though. Things are only subjective as long as there aren't too many facts getting in the way. Like a higher KD, scrim results, placings, etc.

"The earth is flat and that's my opinion."

Boy do I have news for you buddy boy!

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't believe anyone is trying to say 2gre is better than TJ at this game. 2gre isnt even a top 10 player in H5.

It's not disrespect, either. 2gre will always be the GOAT, but it doesn't mean he's the best at all times.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2gres skill at H1 still surprises me to this day. Can't say I've ever felt the same about someone in h5.

Wanna talk about skill gaps...

TJ you're still really good at H5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

h1 lan with 2gre for anyone that didn't see the link:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamutahnoobs

i'd like to see an h1 lan with a bunch of old school players. have their own little tourney

or if anyone wants to pull a Burns and run a full fledged h1 tourney again, that's a thought. (an expensive one)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm curious where everyone is getting that Lethul is such an amazing slayer when he has pretty average KD and KDA numbers, especially considering that he is on the team with the best slayers in the game. I don't remember exactly when but I remember a breakdown list where Ogre 2 was actually #20 in KDA while Lethul was only #35.

I think Lethul just synergizes better with the rest of CLG than Ogre 2 did.

People alway make it seem that he is some kind of slaying god and 2gre is totz compared to him when that's simply not true.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not skill, it's playstyle. 2gre just plays too slow. It's something I had trouble with too (because 2gre and I are alike  :kappa:)

the pace of h5 isnt like past halos, but you still have that same mindset, and tendencies. It's like you dont want to whip out the autos, but you know you have to. Sometimes I even forget to sprint. The whole slay->setup->slay->obj style of Halo is less important, or at least is much different. 

It's also why Cloud over Pistola or APG was a terrible decision for CLG in h2a, since they werent aggressive enough already and opted for someone that was too similar in their style.

2gre did play really well last tourney though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ogre 2 is quite good at Halo 5 and certainly has the some of the best 'brains' for Halo - the reason he's the GOAT.

Lethul is a similar style player with more individual skill ( in Halo 5 ) and has a better friendship with Frosty/Snakebite/Royal2.

That's why 2gre was dropped.

I'm expecting 2gre to do quite well as Halo 5 goes on. As Audley said, Ogre 2 can compete at a high level still.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been away for 6 days and have absolutely NO idea wtf is going on in the halo community. What's happened?

what happened with noble?

whats happened with elevate - how did they go ahead and pick noble?

whats the latest news? 

I'd appreciate an update greatly versus going through like... 50 pages

I've been away for 6 days and have absolutely NO idea wtf is going on in the halo community. What's happened?

whats the latest news? 

If you got through the last 5 or so pages you will find the answer. People are starting to ask this question multiple times a day.

whats the latest news? 

Noble didn't like how the Org was going to give them money, so they left, but then Noble came back saying they were still under contract and couldn't leave and then somehow Elevate picked up the ex/not ex Noble roster.

Also C9 picked up Trigger's pound

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to point out I never said Ogre 2 was washed lol. I put him as a top 20 player meaning he should/could be on a top 5 team. But Lethul (who is the best heel since The Rock was the corporate champion) is just on another level, literally he is going to worlds as the unquestioned number 1 team. It was surprise no one if CLG won it and it would surprise only a few if they pulled an 07 FB and didn't drop a game doing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else wonder how good the old Renegade roster(Ninja, Spartan, Victory X, Commonly), would of done at xgames and regionals? I remember that team basically caused the team changes; they beat CLG by a landslide in a scrim and then a few days later the hurricane happened.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I know its a little early to bring this up, but is anyone else excited to see all the team changes after worlds? I can def see sStellur leaving RNG - I just don't think he gets along with them great and the decision to team was kind of quick/forced for Xgames. I would also love to see suspector leave AE since he's a great player but I think that team has built up such a great friendship that they won't split. Def can see Liquid splitting if they perform poorly, and with the performance DNL has had of late I can see other top teams trying to steal some of those players. WFX best player this season seemed to be Shooter, wonder if he'll make a move, and FS/Maniac made it pretty clear on their Vlogs that they are waiting for other teams to make adjustments so Gary/Chaser will probably be on other teams come next season.

Also CLG will win Worlds, no question. *Throws the Royalwig up**

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was only saying that because you get like 75 million unique viewers the first weekend and the final game gets like 30 million.

So you're surprised that there are more viewers on a weekend where approximately 48 games are played? (Two rounds get played the first weekend, Round of 64 and Round of 32)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know its a little early to bring this up, but is anyone else excited to see all the team changes after worlds? I can def see sStellur leaving RNG - I just don't think he gets along with them great and the decision to team was kind of quick/forced for Xgames. I would also love to see suspector leave AE since he's a great player but I think that team has built up such a great friendship that they won't split. Def can see Liquid splitting if they perform poorly, and with the performance DNL has had of late I can see other top teams trying to steal some of those players. WFX best player this season seemed to be Shooter, wonder if he'll make a move, and FS/Maniac made it pretty clear on their Vlogs that they are waiting for other teams to make adjustments so Gary/Chaser will probably be on other teams come next season.

Also CLG will win Worlds, no question. *Throws the Royalwig up**

Every team that doesn't finish Top 2 will make changes. And occasionally even the Top 2 change (Thanks Hurricane Lethul).

And if Season 2, pro league or not, has the same rules regarding team changes; we'll see constant team changes like we did from Qualifier Cup 1 to 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1