CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can you guys ever mix it up and do some classic gameplay tournaments on forged maps built for no abilities?

2vs2 pistol starts, 4vs4 H2 BR starts, 2vs2 BR starts, etc. 4vs4 tournaments have become rather boring to watch unless they're for huge money. Maybe it's just me, but it's not really special enough to tune into.

It's awesome that you guys are one of the few sites consistently putting on tournaments, but it'd be nice to see something new once in awhile. Id put up $200 for a classic tournament.

I'd love to see what would be said for AGL.

a necessary evil to keep the scene alive

some of those tourneys were fun to watch too, even if it meant watching ninja's team throw the oddball across the entire map

i wish there was another 343 pros vs pros scrim. But this time in h1

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG up 7-1 on RNG right now, but the games have all been very close outside of an EG 3-0 on Fathom CTF.

http://halo5arena.com/matchup/424

RNG is actually outslaying EG in the series.

Dannng those slayer matches. This match up is going to make for a great group at worlds. 

Dannng those slayer matches. This match up is going to make for a great group at worlds. 

7-1 and 10-3 the past two scrims in favor of EG. Could go either way depending on which RNG shows up.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Based off most recent scrims and overall gut feeling, how would you guys rank the 8 NA teams?

Mine would be:

CLG

EG

AE

DNL

RNG

TL

TP

EL

Denial has slipped in ranks a bit for me since Regionals, for obvious reasons. I want RNG to do well so badly, but they're so damn inconsistent and self-imploding, that it makes it hard to see them finishing top 3. Liquid is definitely capable of top 3, but have not been scrimming or putting in the work. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if they got 3rd.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't forget to sign up for our $1,000 4v4 tourney with ASTRO Gaming this afternoon!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't forget to sign up for our $1,000 4v4 tourney with ASTRO Gaming this afternoon!

Damn, i need a team for this lol. I have nothing to do all day....event exp n shit if it matters. GT: AllstvRR 

On topic, other than RNG having some of my favorite players (who I think are also some of the best players in H5), I cannot understand why people don't realize how poorly they are doing lol. (both at events and in scrims) 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On topic, other than RNG having some of my favorite players (who I think are also some of the best players in H5), I cannot understand why people don't realize how poorly they are doing lol. (both at events and in scrims) 

Doing poorly in scrims? They're beating literally every team they scrim, most of them are slaughters. They're only losing to the top 2 teams in the game. Against EG, the games are very close as well. Everyone gets slaughtered by CLG, so that doesn't even count. Not sure how they're considered "doing poorly" in scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Doing poorly in scrims? They're beating literally every team they scrim, most of them are slaughters. They're only losing to the top 2 teams in the game. Against EG, the games are very close as well. Everyone gets slaughtered by CLG, so that doesn't even count. Not sure how they're considered "doing poorly" in scrims.

Ok, let me rephrase that, because I meant the top 2. They are still 3rd on my list followed by Denial and Allegiance. I don't realize why people think RNG can compete with EG or CLG (mostly EG. I've been seeing and hearing people talk about how they might beat EG if they play, and I just cannot agree.) 

Ok, let me rephrase that, because I meant the top 2. They are still 3rd on my list followed by Denial and Allegiance. I don't realize why people think RNG can compete with EG or CLG (mostly EG. I've been seeing and hearing people talk about how they might beat EG if they play, and I just cannot agree.) 

Look at their last scrim. Most of the flags were 3-2, and most of the slayer games were like 50-47. Those games could go either way. I wouldn't ever EXPECT them to beat EG, but wouldn't be surprised if they did either. 1 or 2 kills in those slayer games goes another way and it's a different score.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Based off most recent scrims and overall gut feeling, how would you guys rank the 8 NA teams?

Mine would be:

CLG

EG

AE

DNL

RNG

TL

TP

EL

Denial has slipped in ranks a bit for me since Regionals, for obvious reasons. I want RNG to do well so badly, but they're so damn inconsistent and self-imploding, that it makes it hard to see them finishing top 3. Liquid is definitely capable of top 3, but have not been scrimming or putting in the work. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if they got 3rd.

Pretty solid placings, pretty much what I'm thinking as well.

It really depends on the day, the other day RNG beat EG in scrims if im remembering correctly. I feel as if EG starts getting very frustrated after losing, they have a hard time shaking it off. If Rng can take game 1 off EG i could see it going in favor of Rng, if not i can see EG winning 3-0, really just depends on both teams mental game honestly. They both have the abilty to beat eachother, On the Rng vs CLG side of things, i dont believe anyone thinks Rng can beat CLG unless they get extremely lucky with gametypes and CLG tilting which doesnt happen.

Still can't believe tickets sold out so fast, what a shame. Thank god the players get extra tickets sheeeeeeeesh

Still can't believe tickets sold out so fast, what a shame. Thank god the players get extra tickets sheeeeeeeesh

Yeah, it really is pathetic how few tickets were sold, and how fast they sold out. Me and 2 friends are now unable to go because I waited 5 minutes to try to order tickets.

Also, 3000+ rep hype!

• Upvote (+1) 4

I guess I can see how the scrims last night speak toward RNG. I honestly do hope they can pull off something crazy come tournament time. 

Also.....tickets are sold out? im like an hour away and i can't go then huh :(

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I guess I can see how the scrims last night speak toward RNG. I honestly do hope they can pull off something crazy come tournament time. 

Also.....tickets are sold out? im like an hour away and i can't go then huh :(

They went on sale on Monday at 2PM CST and were sold out on Monday at 2PM CST. A grand total of 10 tickets were sold.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hearing people who got tickets are marking them up and selling them high too, so yea :(

It really depends on the day, the other day RNG beat EG in scrims if im remembering correctly. I feel as if EG starts getting very frustrated after losing, they have a hard time shaking it off. If Rng can take game 1 off EG i could see it going in favor of Rng, if not i can see EG winning 3-0, really just depends on both teams mental game honestly. They both have the abilty to beat eachother, On the Rng vs CLG side of things, i dont believe anyone thinks Rng can beat CLG unless they get extremely lucky with gametypes and CLG tilting which doesnt happen.

The time RNG beat EG was almost 3 weeks ago, before Regionals even. EG has beaten them in scrims six or so times since then. So tbh that series doesn't really hold that much weight anymore.

I also think you may be over blowing how frustrated EG get after a loss. They lost game one to Denial(a team that has shown themselves to be better than RNG at an event) in their group stage match iirc and EG was able to win the next three to win the series. In some instances in scrims they may get real frustrated after a couple consecutive losses(as would any team really) but they don't really get tilted after just a single loss to any team outside of CLG. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1