CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So, you guys think Group D is super favorable now?

Yes.

Sorry, just because RNG only played one day at XGames doesn't give me any faith that Epsilon is actually capable of beating a good NA team.

Group D is still the safest route to the Finals if you're sure you're getting out of your group.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

RIPsilon

Not really. They've proved they can beat Renegades in a tournament setting before. Its an uphill battle, but they can definitely upset RNG, Liquid, Elevate, or C9. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If C9 or even RNG gets drawn into Group D I could see an upset. I'm hoping RNG gets placed in Group C as I think that is the most favorable pool for them to possibly win. A win means you avoid CLG no matter what in round 1. 

EDIT: Also, sorry EU guys but I don't think Infused is beating any of the 5-8 NA teams. Epsilon is the only real chance IMO. and that based off them beating RNG at an event where RNG had barely been a team for 4 days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really. They've proved they can beat Renegades in a tournament setting before. Its an uphill battle, but they can definitely upset RNG, Liquid, or C9.

I think they have a better chance of beating the team you didn't mention, elevate, more than the others.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not really. They've proved they can beat Renegades in a tournament setting before. Its an uphill battle, but they can definitely upset RNG, Liquid, or C9. 

I'm interested as to why you left Elevate off that list

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they have a better chance of beating the team you didn't mention, elevate, more than the others.

Shoot. I thought about them the entire time making that post too...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm interested as to why you left Elevate off that list

Literally thought about Elevate being in that group the entire time I wrote that sentence. Must have sub consciously left them out. 

@@PlzLearn Why dont you think they can stand their own? 2/4th of that roster have competed at MLG events through open bracket and placed top 12, and 5th at the 2010 National Championship. Jimbo and Snipedrone are arguably better then the Buk twins too. I'd argue its based off a lot more then just them taking RNG in the X-Games...which is even more fuel to my fire. 

EDIT: For those curious, The team "Power Gaming" that competed at MLG events in 2010 consisted of both the BUK twins. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think itll be an all NA bracket. If we believe NA has the best teams then how can we put anybody over them seeing as the NA teams are only scrimming other NA teams?

If C9 or even RNG gets drawn into Group D I could see an upset. I'm hoping RNG gets placed in Group C as I think that is the most favorable pool for them to possibly win. A win means you avoid CLG no matter what in round 1.

EDIT: Also, sorry EU guys but I don't think Infused is beating any of the 5-8 NA teams. Epsilon is the only real chance IMO. and that based off them beating RNG at an event where RNG had barely been a team for 4 days.

I guess EG had only been a team" for a few days too but won Xgames lol... People make it sound as if RNG was just a complete new 4... They replaced one player.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think itll be an all NA bracket. If we believe NA has the best teams then how can we put anybody over them seeing as the NA teams are only scrimming other NA teams?

Because the EU teams have shown multiple times they can compete with the lower tier pro teams, which means that upsets can happen. 

Any of the top 4 can/will more then likely consistently smoke the EU teams. But the 5-8 teams? Thats going to be some good Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess EG had only been a team" for a few days too but won Xgames lol... People make it sound as if RNG was just a complete new 4... They replaced one player.

Yes but Snip3down Roy, Lunch have had more expeirence together than Victory, Spartan, Ninja

• Upvote (+1) 4

I mean I guess Infused beat Epsilon at EMEA Regionals, which is notable and maybe Epsilon isnt the best EU team, but I still think Epsilon has the best shot based on Jimbo. Truly I dont think any non NA team will advance past pool play.

Because the EU teams have shown multiple times they can compete with the lower tier pro teams, which means that upsets can happen. 

Any of the top 4 can/will more then likely consistently smoke the EU teams. But the 5-8 teams? Thats going to be some good Halo. 

If anything this is a great story for worlds. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN EVEN EUROPEAN MIRACLES 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean it was basically Victory and Spartan playing with 2 new players and Victory/Spartan hadn't been together THAT long

• Upvote (+1) 2

To quote the great Bert Bell, "Any given Sunday."

I mean I guess Infused beat Epsilon at EMEA Regionals, which is notable and maybe Epsilon isnt the best EU team, but I still think Epsilon has the best shot based on Jimbo. Truly I dont think any non NA team will advance past pool play.

They are. Going strictly off tournament wins, Epsilon has 4 first place finishes to Infused's 1. Not to mention 2/4 of Epsilon placing in the Top 12 through Open Bracket at an MLG event AND 5th at the Dallas Exhibition/Combine and a smattering of other top 16 placings at MLG events.

Epsilon definitely has the best shot, but I wouldn't count out Infused. They've shown they can take down the best in the EU scene.  

http://halo.esportspedia.com/wiki/Team_infused

http://halo.esportspedia.com/wiki/Epsilon_eSports

With this post I ask everyone to retire and let your overlord take his rightful place

You'll never be @@LethuL, our true overlord.

• Upvote (+1) 6