CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But if it is true and there is an investigation - that guy is royally screwed. The team has all the leverage.

Arguable. Depends if Noble has committed a crime or not or if the players can prove that Noble had intent to commit a crime. If they haven't/dont, then Swift Kill and Company are in for a very very rude awakening.

@@Dangles I'm glad I'm getting through to somebody :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

From Swift Kills tweet the owner openly admitted it.. 

its not a matter of if, its a matter of when. I don't think the owner will want to fight this to the point where the IRS are involved for tax evasion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

its not a matter of if, its a matter of when. I don't think the owner will want to fight this to the point where the IRS are involved for tax evasion. 

Link me? Unless theres something I missed...I was pretty confident I saw the tweets back and forth from both parties and I dont recall seeing anything condemning. And even more so, why not? No reason to be scared of the IRS investigating Tax Evasion if you've never committed Tax Evasion.

Who knows the cut Noble would have taken from the World Championship winnings. Maybe this is absolutely worth them pursing.

EDIT: Not saying they're innocent, just playing devils advocate and not lighting the fire before the facts come out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tweets are still just hearsay. Without substantiated proof, which can really only be found with an investigation, the organization has done nothing that would compromise the contract at this point. From the sounds of Noble DOES want an investigation. He straight up said he was ready to pursue legal action if they tried to compete under a different organization. None of this is to say the contracts aren't maybe morally wrong or scummy, nevertheless, they are binding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

im pretty biased so im gonna stop lol

PgPmj.gif

Hope you know I wasn't attacking your opinion. Always respected you as a player and forum goer Alex<3

Tweets are still just hearsay. Without substantiated proof, which can really only be found with an investigation, the organization has done nothing that would compromise the contract at this point. From the sounds of Noble DOES want an investigation. He straight up said he was ready to pursue legal action if they tried to compete under a different organization. None of this is to say the contracts are maybe morally wrong or scummy, nevertheless, they are binding.

This this this. You could be playing under the scummiest, shadiest organization on this planet...but if you sign a contract with them...you're binded to that contract until its terminated.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the point everyone really is trying to make is that speculation in general about a topic like this doesn't do anyone any good. Let the facts come out and we'll have a much better picture then.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the point everyone really is trying to make is that speculation in general about a topic like this doesn't do anyone any good. Let the facts come out and we'll have a much better picture then.

But that's not fun?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly we really have no idea about what their contracts look like. I can see the team having plenty of motive to drop the org before the tournament due to the fact that there are no travel expenses needing to be paid. At this point they are literally just giving up a percentage of what they win (likely a minimum of 75k with a relatively good chance at 250k).

Who knows if their contracts do say something about being paid in small increments to avoid paying higher taxes, but unless there are other things Noble promised and is not fulfilling the team is likely just using this as an excuse to drop the org and keep all the money. We will need to wait and see what happens, but there is plenty of motive there...

I am all for the players being treated fairly, it just seems Noble hasn't to this point done anything wrong besides reference potential tax evasion in the contract (REGARDLESS OF IT BEING ILLEGAL THIS WOULD SAVE THE PLAYERS MONEY).

• Upvote (+1) 1

hahaha RIP @@Jimbo

R2PV29s.png

Haha, was on tilt from a friend calling the Flowers area. 'Galleria'. Hey at least it didn't happen on main stage ;) 

• Upvote (+1) 8

off topic, but anybody know how much rep I need to fill this last box?

lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

off topic, but anybody know how much rep I need to fill this last box?

gonna guess 1100 but idk 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I rent a room in Hayward  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

It's a bigass master bedroom, but still goddamn  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

OOOO a fellow Hayward resident.

hi

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arnt they not going under an org? Just going as VS?

Not if they're under contract to compete at the tournament as Noble...

Not if they're under contract to compete at the tournament as Noble...

vs isn't an org though. Its just a name.

What happens if someone negs it?

I would hope people on here would be better than doing that, but I will not factor negs into the donation amount.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol so everyone wanted 343 to release team skins, imagine if they did then this noble thing happened.  There would have been some rare noble skins out there

• Upvote (+1) 2