CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Question for those meme masters; how does an aspiring memelord get started?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have a bookmarked folder ready to go! 

My memes are always at the ready. 

All meme-lovers are welcome, even formerly known meme-haters. Just jump right in my friend, water's warm!

If you're good, it's like

200.gif

if you're bad, it's more like

200.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1369.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

When I was apart of noble those guys were nothing but awesome to me. They literally did everything they say they would plus more. Guys are still cool with me

Consider yourself lucky. Seems like you got away with it so I'm glad it was smooth for you.

When you can accept the fact that you are posting dank memes/gifs on this here internet forum in a desperate attempt to gain positive internet reputation points from fellow forum users such as myself, you can them get started and become a dank internet forum poster of dank gifs/memes (sparing of course, too many dank memes & gifs in a short time ruins the actual fun).

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's okay I'm sure your chair made out of LoL champions and skins is pretty comfortable.  :wutface:

:apg:

• Upvote (+1) 2

#throwbacktuesday

#notathing

Remember this absolutely legendary post?

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9179-halo-championship-series-season-2-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/page-173?do=findComment&comment=435068

What a time to be alive that was...

The Naded bulldozer and C9 salt mine pics that went along with that post were the stuff of legend. Can't forget about the "suck a dick Brett" remix either.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Lets be honest. As far as the current issue goes:

1) We know that the team left the org CLAIMING they were to be paid in a way to avoid the IRS. 

2) As far as the proof goes(yada yada yada gyazo), the team was happy with how they were being treated by Noble prior to this incident.

3) The only issue we know of from the teams perspective is the money issue, which as of now is just an allegation.

Unless the team can prove the claims they made...put the pitch forks down. You dont have to support them, but it seems like the org treated the players exactly how they should have been treated. Totally unbiased, I could care less who the guilty party is. I just think allegations of tax evasion is no small joke and Noble should not be hung drawn and quartered by a community of players who have no idea what the actual facts of the case are...

Whats to say that the players arent just looking for an easy out because as @@Cratos said, maybe they realized how much $$$ they're actually going to give up to the org? Maybe they got a better offer? Maybe they want to be independent. Ultimately, they signed a contract and they have to honor it. Contracts are literally created to stop somebody just...taking back on what they said, which is exactly what the current Noble team is doing. I know Noble has a shady past, but that's entirely irrelevant right now.

The ONLY thing that matters is these players signed a contract, and if Noble/Players are honoring their end of the contract legally. Whats not to say that Swift Kill and company aren't being the shady ones? Nobodies going after them though...right?

Normally, I'd agree with you. But this org has proven time and time again how they've screwed over their players in not just Halo, but every eSport they get a player/team in.

Sorry but, they've lost getting the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah pretty weird people always bad view on them even before I joined. They always went out of there way for me. Idk the whole situation just seems like the noble players just realized how much money they would've had to give up due to the contract with the percent owed to them and thought it would be better to leave. But that's not how it works

Very interesting. We need to #HuntTheTruth :puckett:
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Normally, I'd agree with you. But this org has proven time and time again how they've screwed over their players in not just Halo, but every eSport they get a player/team in.

Sorry but, they've lost getting the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

I understand the past they have, and by all means you can draw your conclusion on the organization overall. But nobody can pass judgement on this specific situation because nobody knows the facts. Swift Kills team is currently under contract. Until that contract is terminated by the organization or court, they are under contract.

As far as we're concerned with THIS instance, The only thing we know of in this instance is an allegation made by Swift Kill regarding illegal payment. But as of now, its literally just that, an allegation.

Innocent until proven guilty or guilty before proven guilty?

• Upvote (+1) 1

But if it is true and there is an investigation - that guy is royally screwed and the team has all the leverage. I don't believe for a second these guys are making this up just to hold onto more prize money. The two leaders of the team have integrity.

• Upvote (+1) 4

But if it is true and there is an investigation - that guy is royally screwed. The team has all the leverage.

I think you're missing Flizzy's point. As it stands, the org is the one with leverage. The players are breaching their contract by not playing. Nothing has been proven, thus the contracts aren't nullified. Until there is proof of the tax evasion, or other illegal language within the document, they are contracted players and cannot simply stop playing for Noble because they don't like them anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1