CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Those are some nice photographs!

• Upvote (+1) 2

The biggest esports have been free ( SC BW Korea, LoL, Dota) or CSGO who is extremely cheap and doesn't need high spec. Halo5 has a high entry feed XboxOne+60 dollars. Microsoft should just go full cosmetics micro transactions and make Halo free with the purchase of xbox.

exactly, Xbox One is the biggest limitation to Halo eSports success. Realistically, for Halo eSports to be as big as those games, it would need to be ported to PC and be free to play.

And I am not sure if Microsoft is willing to give up its main console exclusive.

In the last three scrims RNG vs. EG:

Victory X = 1.72 K+A/D, 1.50 K+A/D, 1.60 K+A/D  //  178.98 DAM/D, 173.32 DAM/D, 164.51 DAM/D

Spartan = 1.90 K+A/D, 1.58 K+A/D, 1.49 K+A/D  //  189.29 DAM/D, 170.74 DAM/D, 150.97 DAM/D

Stellur = 1.41 K+A/D, 1.31 K+A/D, 1.37 K+A/D  //  137.52 DAM/D, 143.64 DAM/D, 136.65 DAM/D

Ninja = 1.56 K+A/D, 1.36 K+A/D, 1.35 K+A/D  //  162.74 DAM/D, 159.85 DAM/D, 153.01 DAM/D

Looking at these, the CLG series, the Denial series, the TP series, and a handful of pre-Regional's series', if RNG want to have success against EG, CLG and AE, I believe 4 things need to happen:

1. Spartan has to be more consistent. One of the best in the game when he is on, but falls to the middle otherwise.

2. Ninja needs to adjust his playstyle. Against non-top 3 teams (Denial, Triggers Pound, Dream Team, Liquid, etc) he plays incredible and the numbers make people PogChamp. But the top 3 teams, eat that shit up like Thanksgiving Dinner because they are just so good at communicating, and punishing singular pushes/power plays.

3. Stellur needs to play better. Maybe he is taking bad routes? Not listening to call-outs? Not helping out teammates? I don't know, but over 10+ scrims he has been 3rd/4th in K+A/D and DAM/D no matter what tier the opponent is.

4. Victory needs to be the vocal leader of the team. Stop Ninja from pushing. Tell Stellur to speak-up/call-out. Hype up Spartan. Things like that.

Just my thoughts.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Really seems like EG is struggling with Coliseum CTF and Rig SH lately. Also Fathom CTF.

Maybe Halo popularity is down because Xbox isn't popular. PS4 is far more popular. Would it be a good idea for Microsoft to pay whoever they have to to get competitive CoD on Xbox to bring people over?

What about Halos position in relation to other Xbox games, which is also bad?

What about Halos position in relation to other Xbox games, which is also bad?

Not necessarily. It's lower than other games but it's the most popular exclusive.

Not necessarily. It's lower than other games but it's the most popular exclusive.

?

It's lower than lets say, CoD, on the XBL most played list. What does this have to do with exclusives?

exactly, Xbox One is the biggest limitation to Halo eSports success. Realistically, for Halo eSports to be as big as those games, it would need to be ported to PC and be free to play.

And I am not sure if Microsoft is willing to give up its main console exclusive.

I feel like while its a big console exclusive MS shouldn't even really be that worried about it. A PC that would run Halo 5 perfectly at 60 FPS 1. Costs more than an Xbox One to begin with 2. Is probably running on Windows which is a Microsoft product. PC gaming is where MS should just be slaying Sony/Nintendo sales wise. Almost everything runs on their platform as far as PC gaming goes. If they had better policies and someone that set everything up with gamers in mind MS could compete with Steam. They just don't even try it for whatever reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

?

It's lower than lets say, CoD, on the XBL most played list. What does this have to do with exclusives?

Because CoD is a multiplatform franchise. It's more popular than Halo in general, but out of games only on the Xbox, Halo is the most popular.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel like while its a big console exclusive MS shouldn't even really be that worried about it. A PC that would run Halo 5 perfectly at 60 FPS 1. Costs more than an Xbox One to begin with 2. Is probably running on Windows which is a Microsoft product. PC gaming is where MS should just be slaying Sony/Nintendo sales wise. Almost everything runs on their platform as far as PC gaming goes. If they had better policies and someone that set everything up with gamers in mind MS could compete with Steam. They just don't even try it for whatever reason.

I don't know if this is just me being selfish, but I don't want Halo to move into the "keyboard and mouse" style. It's been on console for so long (competitively at least) that I don't want to see it transition to PC. And would Halo on PC really bring that much more popularity. I know summit1g always talks about how much he wants Halo on PC, but is there really that much interest?

I still think the best option is a joint effort between microsoft and 343 to bring popularity to xbox through Halo. I don't know how, but I'm sure there's some way

• Upvote (+1) 2

''When you playing EG but smell Sunday lunch''

75077562ec6c7af36fca55b0389b6e53.jpg

Awesome work as ever @@Sandman Some truly incredible images dude!

Thank you Richard <3

Had a great time chatting with the guys involved with @@GoldenboyFTW chat show 'In the booth'. Some very interesting points raised, awesome to have this type of content available and a pleasure to be a part of it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't know if this is just me being selfish, but I don't want Halo to move into the "keyboard and mouse" style. It's been on console for so long (competitively at least) that I don't want to see it transition to PC. And would Halo on PC really bring that much more popularity. I know summit1g always talks about how much he wants Halo on PC, but is there really that much interest?

I still think the best option is a joint effort between microsoft and 343 to bring popularity to xbox through Halo. I don't know how, but I'm sure there's some way

CoD is on PC. People still play it on console. There really is no good reason to deny PC gamers Halo unless you just want to hold it over a PC gamer's head for no apparent reason. Past Halo titles have been on PC as well but in the case of H2 Vista were held back by Microsoft being Microsoft with a poor setup and policies. Halo would be as big as MS allowed it to be on PC. Its all up to how much they feel like supporting or hindering the PC scene with their usual BS.

PC gaming is not like console gaming. Its a real court of public opinion so H5 on PC could be amazingly popular with the right support or instantly shunned and shit on by everyone if they handled the situation incorrectly. Some super hive minded things can happen due to how connected and informed everyone can be via PC. 343 would get eaten alive on PC if they continued how they have on console.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, this happened. Dropping a coach after they got 2nd place? LOL!? Like what are they trying to gain with dropping Elumnite. The guy has so much experience to offer to the young guns. There must be something happening behind the scenes we haven't seen. 

@Denial_Elumnite 

• Upvote (+1) 6

And would Halo on PC really bring that much more popularity. I know summit1g always talks about how much he wants Halo on PC, but is there really that much interest?

yes haha, pc gaming is now officially bigger than console gaming

gaming software revenues on PC have surpassed console software revenues 

people on PC spend way more money on DLC than console users, like 4x more

pc hardware outsells console hardware

pc gaming is the future

So, this happened. 

@Denial_Elumnite 

i saw this but i think he's joking, who knows though 

Had a great time chatting with the guys involved with @@GoldenboyFTW chat show 'In the booth'. Some very interesting points raised, awesome to have this type of content available and a pleasure to be a part of it.

You can't say that and not link it!

So, this happened. Dropping a coach after they got 2nd place? LOL!? Like what are they trying to gain with dropping Elumnite. The guy has so much experience to offer to the young guns. There must be something happening behind the scenes we haven't seen. 

@Denial_Elumnite 

Has to be a joke, because he was just talking in Goldenboys stream about the potential of his team winning worlds