CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

People are using scrim results to form their opinions still?? Wow

I was watching Devon's PoV for those scrims, and he was not taking the scrims serious at all. I literally thought for the first half of a Coliseum game that it was Matchmaking. But they were playing CLG.

He was just joking, reading chat, not really calling out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd agree, but I think if anybody could be upset its tP or Noble. I'd like to see the UK teams come out guns blazing with some tricks up their sleeves and I'll always support the underdogs, so I threw Epsilon in 8th. Regardless, at worst I would place them between 9th/10th so I think its fair to hope they catch fire and take 8th.

Wouldn't (6th to) 8th just be making it out of the group stage and losing in the quarterfinals? I think that all comes down to the group they get, although I'm not sure if  the groups are a random draw or by some sort of seed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wouldn't (6th to) 8th just be making it out of the group stage and losing in the quarterfinals? I think that all comes down to the group they get, although I'm not sure if  the groups are a random draw or by some sort of seed. 

Group draws are random and explained below. Top 8 teams will be two winners from each pool (like Regionals). 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was watching Devon's PoV for those scrims, and he was not taking the scrims serious at all. I literally thought for the first half of a Coliseum game that it was Matchmaking. But they were playing CLG.

So... Denial don't feel like they need practice?

Probably not the smartest thing to be doing this close to worlds imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

So... Denial don't feel like they need practice?

I don't think that is the case at all. The servers have been poop for the last couple of days, and I think it has put some pros in a relaxed mood.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yeah in the last 4 scrims (EGx2, CLG, DEN) he has had the most damage dealt in each scrim.

Damage per death however, he has ranked 3rd (v. EG), 3rd (v. EG)(Both times above Stellur), 4th (v. CLG) and 2nd (v. Denial).

Kills + Assists / Death he has ranked 3rd (v. EG), 3rd (v. EG), 4th (v. CLG) and 3rd (v. Denial).

He is doing a lot of damage, because he tends to make aggressive plays and push up, but the damage is really a bubble statistic.

Its a hard statistic to judge anything from. If you're constantly putting shots into people and keeping them one-shot/behind cover, you are pressing the opposition  and helping your team even if they aren't cleaned up for the assist. So damage can be reflective of a supportive role beyond assist numbers. He definitely needs to work on staying alive/dying less, especially in slayer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bit off-topic, but I always imagined you as looking like your profile picture thing. Boggles my mind that you don't wear glasses.

I do wear glasses, just not in front of my computer, because the reason I wear glasses is from my eyesight adjusting to viewing the distance from a chair to a monitor... so if I kept wearing glasses in front of the monitor, I'd get progressively worse and worse vision.

Check the video below! My predictions are based purely off of where I think the teams should end up. Groups and brackets will alter my judgement, but until then...

But you're entirely correct<3

Group draws are random and explained below. Top 8 teams will be two winners from each pool (like Regionals). 

This this this! Thanks sir! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maniac posted a video about what he does to keep his hands from hurting during/after practice. Kind of cheesy in the beginning when he's talking about vitamins, but not too bad after. TL;DW - Vitamins and stretches before, ice and wrist "casts" at night (to keep his hands more relaxed). I know @@OGRE2 has complained about this, so maybe he should watch :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I agree, Denial kind of over-achieved in Columbus because of the momentum they had going from their series victories going into semis, but that's not necessarily bad. It just shows that it's extremely important for a 5th-8th team to catch fire early in the tournament, especially against a tough opponent. This will give them confidence to push even further than they thought they could

One time we had a 5th-8th seed catch fire in an early round, Believe the Hype won a National Championship.

The difference was this time, the #1 seed also had to play in an early round instead of not having any valid warm-up...and also they didn't kick their XBox while playing Classic and throw the series.

Liquid and Noble are the only 2 NA teams that haven't resumed scrimming since Regionals. Food for thought.

Liquid were intending to start yesterday.  APG went to visit his girlfriend post-Columbus.  Apparently he got Aspen'd and doesn't get to come home until today.

Also plans have been made for another bootcamp at Ace's house, and I think I might drive up there this time.

These are all subjective rankings anyway and I wont disagree but I will say that I think the NA teams are all better than the "world" teams even Epsilon (whom I think is the best non-NA team). I also think that Noble is a better team than Triggers Pound and a ton better than they are getting credit for.

Epsilon lost to Infused in a longer series.  Can't really call Epsilon the clear-cut best Worlds team.

As I said in my video, Immunity, Epsilon, and Infused are the 3 Int'l teams to look out for at Worlds.  I really want to see a group with Immunity/Epsilon/Triggers Pound/Denial.

You're starting to sound like Audley.  :kappa:

audleyFace audleyTilt

i used to browse and contribute to r/halo all the time but it's just bleh

i can totally see why some people enjoy that kind of content but it's not for me

Same, I liked it when it was smaller. Now I visit only a couple times a week with the current topics at the top.

Maniac posted a video about what he does to keep his hands from hurting during/after practice. Kind of cheesy in the beginning when he's talking about vitamins, but not too bad after. TL;DW - Vitamins and stretches before, ice and wrist "casts" at night (to keep his hands more relaxed). I know @@OGRE2 has complained about this, so maybe he should watch :kappa:

It looks like he's about to show us how to chain punch at a million hits per second.

1326219232_ip_man___yip_man_punches_oppo

• Upvote (+1) 7

Lololol @ people doubting Denial again. Elumnite is def a factor but he has been in their last couple scrims where denial is still losing. From those CLG stats bubu had like a .4 k/d that series. Denial lost 8-1 map count day before regionals to allegiance and then beat them in a BO7 where Allegiances wins were 2 last second CTF caps and a 50-48 regret slayer.

I also think they are still ecstatic about placing 2nd and qualifying so these scrims should bring em down a little.

Because they are so young I do think that team loses its focus a bit in scrims and make some plays out of frustration.

Scrim results are important but what has Renegades last two event scrim results shown?? Both times they looked good online and then they had two poor performaces to follow. I agree that in a series as of now its prob still eg>denial but i wouldn't just exclude denial from the t4 teams because of scrims when LAN is what actually matters lol.

Point being is that Denial has individual skill of T3 team and that showed @ regionals. In a highly competitive setting on LAN with all the marbles on the table I would NOT doubt them.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey everybody! In case you missed it, Pro Player Spotlight #3 featuring LethuL and a whole load of Community Questions is up! The link is in my sig! 

@@CyReN Thank you so much for the tweet support from Beyonds Twitter. Seeing CLG retweet that was kind of surreal and I fanboyed pretty hard. 

@@verickle Where do you see Noble realistically ending though if not at the bottom of the Top 8? I dont think people are sleeping on them...I just think theres way more talent in the 1-6 seeds for them to really make an impact. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

*Rant*

Denial when hot is a clear top 3 team for me. People just want to see more from the squad before putting them over EG which seems to be the consensus. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whoever said Lunchbox has changed his game since Commonly was absolutely right. He is slaying a lot more. Yes, he still picks up the OBJ but when Commonly came on and got settled, he started referring himself to "Lunchbox Jr". This might have been a joke but if you watch the games, Commonly is doing more and more OBJ work, sometimes on par with Lunchbox. He can't do OBJ work and play at the tempo he likes which is why EG is cracking. It's great going 24 kills but when you also have 22, 23 or 24 deaths, then it cancels it out and forces the squad to play with 3. Back in H2A, EG used to wait until Lunchbox was ready to do OBJ. If he died or was on death screen, Roy and Snip3down would slay and Lethul would take over OBJ and Lunchbox would cycle in and support. Now it's Roy and Snip3down still doing all the slaying but consistently having Commonly and Lunchbox die, which is also why they are not as dominant in OBJ games anymore. No offence to Commonly at all. He was fantastic on RNG but unless he shifts into a more slayer support role, like he was at X Games, then EG will still be dominated by CLG from the fact they have 4 of the best shooters in the game. Who needs to do OBJ when you have that? They all put the work in, SnakeBite and Lethul more so. It's going to be Royal2 VS Snip3down, Frosty VS Roy, Commonly VS Lethul and SnakeBite VS Lunchbox.   

• Upvote (+1) 2

One time we had a 5th-8th seed catch fire in an early round, Believe the Hype won a National Championship.

The difference was this time, the #1 seed also had to play in an early round instead of not having any valid warm-up...and also they didn't kick their XBox while playing Classic and throw the series.

Liquid were intending to start yesterday.  APG went to visit his girlfriend post-Columbus.  Apparently he got Aspen'd and doesn't get to come home until today.

Also plans have been made for another bootcamp at Ace's house, and I think I might drive up there this time.

Epsilon lost to Infused in a longer series.  Can't really call Epsilon the clear-cut best Worlds team.

As I said in my video, Immunity, Epsilon, and Infused are the 3 Int'l teams to look out for at Worlds.  I really want to see a group with Immunity/Epsilon/Triggers Pound/Denial.

audleyFace audleyTilt

Infused I think has a lot of the rub that Denial is getting. They won one tournament against the Euro version of CLG/EG while Epsilon has pretty much taken every tourney and qualifier this season. I still think that the two best Euro players are on Epsilon with Jimbo and Snipedrone, though I will admit that I dont follow that scene like I do the NA scene. Plus, Epsilon took a series from Renegades that no one in the literal world thought they would. I would still call them the clear cut best team in Europe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lololol @ people doubting Denial again. Elumnite is def a factor but he has been in their last couple scrims where denial is still losing. From those CLG stats bubu had like a .4 k/d that series. Denial lost 8-1 map count day before regionals to allegiance and then beat them in a BO7 where Allegiances wins were 2 last second CTF caps and a 50-48 regret slayer.

I also think they are still ecstatic about placing 2nd and qualifying so these scrims should bring em down a little.

Because they are so young I do think that team loses its focus a bit in scrims and make some plays out of frustration.

Scrim results are important but what has Renegades last two event scrim results shown?? Both times they looked good online and then they had two poor performaces to follow. I agree that in a series as of now its prob still eg>denial but i wouldn't just exclude denial from the t4 teams because of scrims when LAN is what actually matters lol.

Point being is that Denial has individual skill of T3 team and that showed @ regionals. In a highly competitive setting on LAN with all the marbles on the table I would NOT doubt them.

What sense does it make to discredit Allegiance in that Denial series? Denial won both strongholds games, lost CTF Fathom and has two Slayer wins by a combined 7 total kills (50-48 and 50-45). It was hardly a dominating performance in fact, it was a series that could have went either way.

And its not "prob still eg>denial" it is most certainly eg>denial as EG quite literally beat them 3-1 at regionals. 

"In a highly competitive setting on LAN with all the marbles on the table...." I would doubt them because that team has the LEAST amount of LAN experience of the top 8 teams. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What sense does it make to discredit Allegiance in that Denial series? Denial won both strongholds games, lost CTF Fathom and has two Slayer wins by a combined 7 total kills (50-48 and 50-45). It was hardly a dominating performance in fact, it was a series that could have went either way.

And its not "prob still eg>denial" it is most certainly eg>denial as EG quite literally beat them 3-1 at regionals. 

"In a highly competitive setting on LAN with all the marbles on the table...." I would doubt them because that team has the LEAST amount of LAN experience of the top 8 teams. 

I'm not sure you're taking into account just how much dubu people have been giving bubu.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I just want to see RNG show up at a tournament. I watch them online and start to feel like they'll do well and then they just get dismantled by almost every decent team at the events.

• Upvote (+1) 3