CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG's morale has been very low lately. It's rather worrisome for me.

If EG don't win at Worlds, do you see this lineup sticking together for the Pro League? If not, would it be Commonly getting switched out? I don't see the Roy/LBX/Snipedown trio splitting up, am I insane?

If EG don't win at Worlds, do you see this lineup sticking together for the Pro League? If not, would it be Commonly getting switched out? I don't see the Roy/LBX/Snipedown trio splitting up, am I insane?

Commonly's great, but imagine Contract or Huke. Oh man oh man

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roy really does not like Contra if memory serves.

OGRE2, Royal 2 and Snakebite were pretty big whiners in H2A. Great players but they did complain a lot about unnecessary shit. I think their success is masking it. 

I feel like Royal 2 and Snakebite whine but it's usually whining to get better. Of course the EG guys want to get better, too, but since they have that brother dynamic with lunch/roy a lot of times they sound more like they are bickering rather than complaining to get better.

Imagine how good they would be if they would just shut up and spend the energy and emotion working on strategy or even just trying to make sure everyone was in a good mood for the next game rather than having stupid fights.

-snip-

I may receive hate for this post from EG fanboys, but I like to think I am accurate and truthful in my observations when watching team scrims. It's simple, as of this moment no one on EG trusts each other enough to overcome a rock-solid CLG and are slipping scrims to teams that they are clearly better than (sorry Ninja).

Today was no exception. Towey clearly has the patience of a saint because the amount of crap everyone on EG throws at each other is shameful given the skill and experience on that team. If their communication and subpar teamwork continues EG is not getting higher than top 4 at Worlds you have my word. This isn't to say I don't like anyone on EG; I've been long time fans of the twins and Snipedown and Commonly definitely has potential. However, given their current state it's definitely not a million-dollar-tournament winning team.

They can whine and bicker all they want, I just don't think anything could make EG place outside T4. Too skilled, too experienced ( I'm not an EG fan).

Having said that,  I don't disagree with any of your observations. 

Respawn Zones are only set for Flag in maps.

i don't really get what your saying i was playing flag on truth in team arena like every other time and we were spawning not only in there basement below flag but there p1 side also

They can whine and bicker all they want, I just don't think anything could make EG place outside T4. Too skilled, too experienced ( I'm not an EG fan).

Having said that,  I don't disagree with any of your observations. 

Oh they're definitely getting top 4, but getting above that is becoming increasingly harder. That's what I meant by my post, sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nadeds stream with "Mikey" may be the most fun I've ever had watching a non-tournament halo stream ever. Love that dude.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nadeds stream with "Mikey" may be the most fun I've ever had watching a non-tournament halo stream ever. Love that dude.

RIP Mikey, we hardly knew ye.

pJNmurL.gif

Contra on EG was my wet dream when Lethul left. I'm still disappointed it didn't happen, but I think Commonly is good enough for them to have a shot at winning Worlds.

EG's morale has been very low lately. It's rather worrisome for me.

They should just take a week off and regroup

• Upvote (+1) 3

I disagree. I've always watched the players on CLG on Twitch more than anyone else and they are better than that. Almost every single time I see them lose a game it's the most calm and collected discussion over the loss. Sometimes Royal 2 can get a little heated, and TJ gets a little frustrated, but it is no where the extreme of Tilted Geniuses right now. Traditionally Snakebite will be very reserved and offer accurate observations about team miscommunication and usually everyone else will agree. Even if the game was close and a stressful loss TJ and PJ are usually the first to immediately give a small peptalk, and focus on small communication and trust.

Here's what happens when I watch a post-game EG stream:

• Commonly will try and do whatever it takes to help
  • Roy and Lunchbox both complain because they both believe they make the correct plays 100% of the time
  • Snipedown looks like he wants to quit the team
  • Towey can't speak because RoyBox are fighting too loud and not actually working out a strategy.

I may receive hate for this post from EG fanboys, but I like to think I am accurate and truthful in my observations when watching team scrims. It's simple, as of this moment no one on EG trusts each other enough to overcome a rock-solid CLG and are slipping scrims to teams that they are clearly better than (sorry Ninja).

Today was no exception. Towey clearly has the patience of a saint because the amount of crap everyone on EG throws at each other is shameful given the skill and experience on that team. If their communication and subpar teamwork continues EG is not getting higher than top 4 at Worlds you have my word. This isn't to say I don't like anyone on EG; I've been long time fans of the twins and Snipedown and Commonly definitely has potential. However, given their current state it's definitely not a million-dollar-tournament winning team.

CLG were arguing for 20 minutes after winning one of the online qualifiers against ALG. They definitely argue or at least they did with Ogre 2 on the team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know most people are sound asleep on the east coast right now, and I was going to save this for tomorrow, but I'm too giddy with excitement.

After 20+ hours combined on editing (mostly because I was COMPLETELY new to Adobe Premiere Pro) and pouring over VoDs, I present to you guys my first ever video. I learned a TON making this video and am always welcome to feedback, so shoot me a DM with any suggestions or feedback. Only thing I'm not 100% satisfied with is the audio, but I've been told that's one of the hardest parts.

Enjoy:

Many more to come.

Love seeing these type of vids being made there very enjoyable to watch. 10/10 keep up the good work bro !

• Upvote (+1) 6