CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Assault needs to be implemented ASAP! Shit is so much fun, and a breath of fresh air!

I haven't played fathom bomb yet. Have they not made assault available on that map? I feel like the structure of the bases would make it even better than flag.

I haven't played fathom bomb yet. Have they not made assault available on that map? I feel like the structure of the bases would make it even better than flag.

Watched Ninja play assault on fathom in the social playlist earlier.

It was my first game, honestly plays better than flag because you have a chance to basically desperate and stop the arm. 

Updated the site to include all the teams that have qualified for HWC. Change the Points column to qualified as points arent really needed any more.

Finding peoples twitter and gamertags was the fun part.

26V33Kv.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

Define "not performing". The only team they lost to was a very strong Denial, and by a very slim margin. Some of you people act like a team needs to win the event to live up to winning online scrims.

They beat Denial 8-1 in online scrims the Thursday before the event and then of course lost to them on "LAN". So take what you will from that. I suppose you could say Allegiance under performed or Denial was just that much better in an event setting. I personally believe it was a mixture of both leaning more towards the latter.   

EVERY competitive gaming site I go to that is made for the competitive players or at least the majority, always discuss the game strategically, mentally, execution wise, etc. however when I look at Halo forums its the opposite, I can't find any substantial substance for competitive play, why to make a decision, what's a good play vs a bad play, why go for this stronghold than that one, how the spawn works in a minute level, etc. it's almost never done here and discussion about it is brushed off about "lol autos OP dewd!!!"

Part of that is the fact that each Halo game differs so dramatically from the last that it splits the community. So not only are there sub-communities like Griffball/SWAT/Hardcore etc. but there are people that like different games in the series the most in their own little groups (and hate other games in the series). No other franchise is as split as ours from what I know.

I mean... this isn't General Discussion... uh.... CLG top 2?

Money 8's starting up with a bunch of the guys on twitch. Flamesword's playing with them (not streaming though), looking forward to seeing that.

http://www.twitch.tv/ninja

http://www.twitch.tv/sstellur

I love that even after the insane grind he was on to make regionals, Flame is STILL grinding away. If it were me, the last thing I would want to do is play more Halo. Dude is dedicated. Respect.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They beat Denial 8-1 in online scrims the Thursday before the event and then of course lost to them on "LAN". So take what you will from that. I suppose you could say Allegiance under performed or Denial was just that much better in an event setting. I personally believe it was a mixture of both leaning more towards the latter.

Just FYI, the live events are held on a private server that performs exactly like LAN. There's no XBL connection whatsoever

I love that even after the insane grind he was on to make regionals, Flame is STILL grinding away. If it were me, the last thing I would want to do is play more Halo. Dude is dedicated. Respect.

Yeah thats crazy, people deal with things differently I guess.

My guess is Maniac doesn't touch Halo for weeks lol 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just FYI, the live events are held on a private server that performs exactly like LAN. There's no XBL connection whatsoever

yeah I know, I just put it in quotes to avoid someone telling me that its not technically LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 3

EG looking a lot stronger against ALG than RNG. I wonder if RNG is just a bad matchup for EG

Eh, doubt it's that deep. 

Scrims are just scrims, can be on/off any given night. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is my issue with the forums. This isn't s beyond thing either, it's been like this since back on MLG. But the problem I have is the forums are always filled with complaints about stuff. Critiquing the game and all is great, but where is the discussion for the game at a competitive level?

EVERY competitive gaming site I go to that is made for the competitive players or at least the majority, always discuss the game strategically, mentally, execution wise, etc. however when I look at Halo forums its the opposite, I can't find any substantial substance for competitive play, why to make a decision, what's a good play vs a bad play, why go for this stronghold than that one, how the spawn works in a minute level, etc. it's almost never done here and discussion about it is brushed off about "lol autos OP dewd!!!"

I think that part of it is that most of the higher end Halo players don't post here to begin with. Most of the users on this website seem to just be frorm the land before time and they don't actually play the game competitively anymore. Then you have the general attitude. If I wanted to get into smash or a number of other competitive games a lot of the better players are friendly and open to helping you improve or giving you tips. In Halo most of the best players would always want to sell you their time or a spot on their friends list or whatever rather than just help their scene. Competitive Halo is probably one of the most unfriendly games out there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

TBH, I didn't even know there were more posters then the one's in the Halo Championship Thread since this is the only one that matters :puckett: 

I thought it would be the same people talking in the H5 Discussion or Competitive settings threads

• Upvote (+1) 2