CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Without that depth, you just don't have a very interesting esport. A halo game that uses default settings lacks the depth, the meat to be a big time esport.

them: Halo 5 just like, needs more depth, man

me:

kwR8TLo.gif?noredirect

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've spent at least a grand on LoL skins and champions, around a grand on CSGO skins, and more than 2 grand on SWTOR :( Someone save me from myself!

I just lost a little bit of my faith in humanity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1fa6b9b520eaf4cfd54d4af86124916a.jpg

lol couldn't be more true. You people that are saying "I've never spent anything" are a small % and I'm sure don't grind the game everyday. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The fuck is the point of this?

Well if you're going to use that tone then I don't want to say.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yep, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

but you're not going to sit here and tell me default H5 is exactly what the competitive halo community wants though are you?

You'll never please everybody. Thats the first thing I learned structuring our competitive season last year.

Just because a game like LoL is free does not mean it isn't inaccessible. It is a very complicated, intimidating game. All of those games have insanely steep learning curves and very complicated gameplay. Excluding gears which is not as popular when it comes to esports as games like LoL and CS GO. COD uses different esports settings.

The most popular game in the history of the world is inaccessible?

huh.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

lol couldn't be more true. You people that are saying "I've never spent anything" are a small % and I'm sure don't grind the game everyday. 

played the game 3 years, Diamond tier ADC. Spent maybe $20 on the game and only to purchase skins for friends after they've gifted me skins.

I'm the 1%.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No i do understand. Play the game.

but-why.gif

Pride? Self-respect? Respect for the tournament organizer? honouring your commitment? But I forgot this is Halo, where commitments mean nothing and it's cool to go back on your word as long as it serves your own self interest.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm sure if Envy had shown up and WFX didn't, everyone would be bashing Randa and Ryanoob for disrespecting the goat

That bad feeling when it's so funny because it's true :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

The most popular game in the history of the world is inaccessible?

huh.gif

Yes. Other developers should really take note of that fact too. Depth is not a bad thing. It should not be feared.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Great guys you just made me remember the sickening amount I've spent on LoL and I haven't even played it since 2013........  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Great guys you just made me remember the sickening amount I've spent on LoL and I haven't even played it since 2013........  :apg:

You were a support main?

Isn't the saying with microtransactions "10% of the player base makes %90 of the purchases"? People who spend nothing or next to nothing are the majority it's just that the minority that spends a lot, spend A LOT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we want to talk about how "accessible" Halo is, then there's

1.) the simplicity of the gameplay itself, which has next to nothing to do with skill gap

2.) the platform of the game

3.) how much it costs

Halo over the years has only gotten more complicated, the Xbox has suffered massively, and it's a $60 game. Sorry to be a downer, but I don't see this game ever taking off unless something here changes.

In the end, Halo is a shooter and isn't a very complicated game to get into, so I don't think the 1st point matters much. But if Microsoft wants a $60 game on the Xbox to gain a consistent following, then they need to make some effort to let people play the game. Free weekends maybe? Baby steps?

Weren't is past tense.

Ohhhh got'em.

Holy shit that spelling error! I'm just going to leave now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Weren't you a support main?

1f3184a50cd7c93eb7395e0221278f89.png

idk I just liked playing bot lane support or AD. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

No, that's absolutely ridiculous. The other teams that didn't have a chance showed up, because the outcome of the match still affected how the group played out because of who they were playing against. Having 2 teams play when they have both already been 100% eliminated is a waste of everyones time and energy.

Why is it ridiculous?

I mean if you're approaching it from an integrity standpoint, then whatever. But think about it. If this tournament very well ended up being Ola's and Ogre 2's last significant LAN, it would certainly be a plausible idea to spare an extra hour to broadcast that series (given it would have been what I believe was WFX's only appearance on main stage anyway) for the sappy nostalgic memories and at the very least some exposure for a solid esports org. Some of you guys paid money for the event, I certainly wouldn't mind some of my admission fee going to an extra hour of Ola and Ogre 2 on main stage. Would you not be entertained? 

Weren't half the posters on this thread just whining about Ogre 2? 

Lastly, you'd never see this abandonment shit in an event like a World Cup (even if the team's chances are fucked). In fact, your country would get sanctions slapped on you. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean I play league of legends and it's totally free but I've spent 500+ on skins because fashion is important in competitive video games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

1f3184a50cd7c93eb7395e0221278f89.png

idk I just liked playing bot lane support or AD. 

I don't know how you could play so much in one season. Playing 20 games already this season, and I've already put myself in a mental institute.

@Kephrii talked about it in his VLOG. The match meant nothing, the tourney was behind, and they wanted to allow someone else to get some time on main stage. Those were the reasons Kephrii gave anyways.

Holy shit. You watched my VLOG.

• Upvote (+1) 3