CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wish I had more neg rep to give out to people still talking about 20k.

Now I've resorted to it... Can I neg myself? I'll do it.

- CLG looks waay heavily favored to win Worlds.I feel all 4 of those guys are top 8 players. But we got some time.

- After this weekend.. Royal2 is the best in the game no?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know im the guy who said $250 was a big deal... But $20,000 would definitely not change my life in anyway besides not having to think about living costs for a few years. Visa could get the $280 i just spent back too, lol. And I guess i could maybe invest some of it somehow and make more money... But really, unless some investment turned into a few million, nothing life altering would happen with me.

On the other topics:

Lemon is definitely dick but he's right more often than not.

KillaKC never had any idea what he was doing, guy was worthless

Pistol needs a buff almost as much as the storm rifle needs a nerf. Whoever said the pistol was a non issue is a moron. On mobile or id scroll up and find your name, but you're an idiot.

Hopefully Roy & Box stay around, but i wouldn't be surprised is they retired in the near future. Do they not both have real careers? Or am i miss remembering? They got a nice bank roll and decent paying careers they probably enjoy. Just comes down to what they enjoy most at that time. Halo or their normal lives and careers.

Anyways; Happy post event Monday... lol.

You could just say you disagree instead of calling me a moron.  Thats what adults do.  Whether I agree or disagree with people, I try to have a discussion instead of name calling like this is an xbl post game lobby.  

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I kinda hope they don't. Sure TP qualified, but OpTic didn't get big by winning every tournament and picking up new teams when the old one lost. They got big by giving fans likeable (and for the most part stable) rosters that fans could relate to and follow through the ups and downs. Obviously the roster needs to have the potential to win, but I'm not convinced that TP will be any sort of powerhouse. Plus, and I don't mean this as a personal attack, but I don't think Hysteria or Cloud would be a good choice for the brand. I'm not super familiar with their history behind the scenes but from what I've heard and what I've seen on streams in the last few months their attitudes aren't really what I would be looking for if I was H3CZ.

Also, while I'm on the topic of OpTic...

Did anybody else watch Hitch's vlogs from the weekend? I'm not sure which one it was in, but at some point he was raving about how much fun he had at the event and how impressed he was with the Halo community. The part he was really hyped about was that the crowd was there because they loved the game as well as the players, which hasn't been the case in COD since at least Black Ops II. I don't follow COD very closely, and I always knew that the OpTic and FaZe fanbases are a huge part of why the viewership exists, but it made a pretty big impact on me being told by someone from that community that nobody is watching it for the game itself.

30K+ viewers without the OpTic juice is impressive when we normally don't break 3K on nights when the biggest streamers are streaming. It shows that the game is good enough to get people interested, and further drives home H3CZ's point about content. There's a lot that needs to be done, but the growth opportunities are there.

yeah exactly, I feel like Hecz has addressed this idea a number of times in his vlogs and why he wouldn't want to do that (people have mentioned picking up Triggers Pound or even Denial). 

People are fans of Optic for the connection with the players. How successful the Cod team is atm is just a bonus, but I mean they sucked for a long time before they were this dominant, and they still had a massive following. 

And actually, Flame's vlogs when HCS was first announced are what got me interested in competitive halo again (and funny enough, how I found these forums). 

Side note: throwback to that first Optic squad w/ Ace, Snipedown and Ola that formed right as HCS was announced lol. oh how things have changed

• Upvote (+1) 2

Stahppppp! Thats a question I have for Lethul in his spotlight!

:)

EDIT: On that [email protected]@LethuL Whats the best way to communicate for you? Beyond DM's, Email, Twitter DM's or Skype?

If its Twitter, mind sliding me a DM? Yours are currently closed.

whats your Twitter I'll dm you my skype and stuff
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I know im the guy who said $250 was a big deal... But $20,000 would definitely not change my life in anyway besides not having to think about living costs for a few years. Visa could get the $280 i just spent back too, lol. And I guess i could maybe invest some of it somehow and make more money... But really, unless some investment turned into a few million, nothing life altering would happen with me

Today I learned not having to worry about the cost of living for 'a few years' isn't considered life altering...

On another note, denial just earned them a fan in me. Why does everyone hate the org?

• Upvote (+1) 5

You could just say you disagree instead of calling me a moron.  Thats what adults do.

Fair enough, That was a little childish, it was pretty dumb though. I literally just woke up lol. My bad

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fair enough, That was a little childish, it was pretty dumb though. I literally just woke up lol. My bad

I know how you feel, I stay away from the internet when I wake up.  Need at least an hour or some nicotine or else the keys don't stop clicking and I generally feel like an asshole afterwards.

But with everything that needs to be worked on in the game, I feel like the pistols/etc are on the bottom of the list.

Sure I can understand the want for faster kill times due to the movement mechanics, but lets see how everything else works first.  Like i said if one less shot makes the precise impact needed instead of a huge meta change, I will honestly not give a fuck. and would a buff in overall dmg affect how it would be compared to the BR/DMR at longer distances since the br/dmr are easier to handle for cross map shooting?  But wouldn't the Pistol/br/dmr have to be all messed with together as a whole?  

But what do I know, I just post memes.

tumblr_mitc4egr0Y1qcrp6vo1_500.gif

Edit:  Made it looks more like a discussion opinion instead of knowing it all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On another note, denial just earned them a fan in me. Why does everyone hate the org?

The "CEO" is a fuckboi/scumbag

The "CEO" is a fuckboi/scumbag

i stopped following for a little bit after Ace won the big bucks.  what happened for you to say this?  sorry I'm sure this was talked about for months i just wasnt around for a while

To everybody wondering about Denial CEO, he wouldn't pay his players, didn't give them jerseys, no sponsor equipments to give to his players. Came to TB, caused a shit storm.

• Upvote (+1) 8

To everybody wondering about Denial CEO, he wouldn't pay his players, didn't give them jerseys, no sponsor equipments to give to his players. Came to TB, caused a shit storm.

was that an old ceo or the one they have now?

Today I learned not having to worry about the cost of living for 'a few years' isn't considered life altering...

If paying for living expenses was/is never a problem, and those expenses have never played any roll in your life and what you do. Why would having more money to pay whats already a non issue, change a life?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So anyone else a little disappointed we didn't get to see how Triggers Pound would fair against teams more around their level? The only teams of note that they played were EG and Allegiance and both those teams are on another level tbh. Would have liked to see how they would do on LAN before Worlds against Liquid, RNG, Noble or even nV. 

I would like to see more frequent LAN events of all sizes.  It's impossible to do though unless you have microsoft at your back it since there is no TRUE Lan support.  They still have to set up local live servers and hook into those.  

Whatever happened to being able to bring a switch to a friends house and play some sweet system link....

Can it really be that hard to implement???

• Upvote (+1) 1

was that an old ceo or the one they have now?

Think it's still the same one but he seemed to have learned his lesson. Still little bit sketched out by him
  • Upvote (+1) 2

i stopped following for a little bit after Ace won the big bucks.  what happened for you to say this?  sorry I'm sure this was talked about for months i just wasnt around for a while

And why is that exactly?

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/denial-halo-payment-issues/

https://i.imgur.com/bZ10xYB.png

https://imgur.com/a/eMVbI

Best I could do in a few minutes. (last link is most/the best of it)

• Upvote (+1) 6