CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey fam, quick question for you guys.

What's the best way to capture clips from a twitch broadcast? I want to make a video from the weekend, but unsure how to get the best quality out of the past stream.

I posted it on here earlier yesterday, you must have just missed it! I assume I should make that 10 haters? :simms:

make it 40/60 for me

Yeah it was crazy to see all the support he received, he was grinding like 8 hrs/day on average to get up to speed and qualify. Really glad he did and found the right teammates. I could def see him not start streaming till post worlds for like "juju" purposes lol but we'll see

makes sense, this is the biggest tournament ever so practice is way more important than entertaining viewers

his stock post worlds is still gonna be super high, if not higher

Going to the event I wasn't sure exactly how things were going to play out. How I was going to record stats, if I should have my laptop with me while watching, etc.

But things worked out really nicely after @@GoldenboyFTW pointed me in the right direction. Talking to him and Tashi we got things sorted really well.

The support HCSStats received from the casters was incredible and I can't thank those guys enough. Ghost, Benson, and Goldenboy all giving shoutouts on the stream was so cool and I'm glad I got to meet and talk with them.

I'll have the event k/d's ka/d's and dmg/d's up for each team over the next few days.

Hopefully I'm able to attend Worlds next month cause Regionals was a blast! 

You and me both. I'll be in Vegas the week of, planning to drive over from Vegas after and stay with friends in L.A.

Really looking forward to meeting a lot of the contributors to this Forum and seeing old friends.

I just really hope the Halo World Championship isnt something that they confide to the small studios of ESL in Burbank. Its the freaking Halo World Championship...

I'm praying that they have a theater style venue, anything but a small studio with 150 person seating.

Hey fam, quick question for you guys.

What's the best way to capture clips from a twitch broadcast? I want to make a video from the weekend, but unsure how to get the best quality out of the past stream.

Sorry for the double post fellas and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Oddshot?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You have a weirdly strict definition of life changing.

So nobody thinks its ridiculous to argue how 20k will change your life when the first place gets ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

If 20k is enough to change your life, what is 1 mil gonna do?  Buy yourself 50 lives?

If some one gave me a £17.5K ($25K) lump sum i'd be able to put a deposit on a house and be set for life. So for me personally, yes it is.

As I agree that 25k is a very large amount of money and everyone would be happy with winning that just from playing video games, I wouldn't say youd be "set for life"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad you believed as well :). he's very willing to learn and I seriously gotta give shoutout to Contra for really teaching him the halo ways the past month or so. Taught him better decision making, play like you don't have a good shot at times, helped him with what he should/shouldn't call out, etc.

Contra is nasty and looks like he taught him well. The whole Denial squad is really good. I was watching whatever streams they had going before this weekend and they all have that raw skill and proved this weekend that they can pull together on the teamwork as well. Looking forward to watching them at Worlds

• Upvote (+1) 1

then throw me a bone (you really don't have to).

If you'd oblige, please tell me how 20k would change your life permanently in any significant & lasting way.

20k would pay off the entirety of my credit card and loan debt as of right now. That would be unbelievably amazing and definitely life changing as I could save more money each month.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As I agree that 25k is a very large amount of money and everyone would be happy with winning that just from playing video games, I wouldn't say youd be "set for life"

notice how he said, "for me personally"

maybe his biggest monthly expense is his rent and having an affordable mortgage would allow him to be "set for life"

So nobody thinks its ridiculous to argue how 20k will change your life when the first place gets ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

If 20k is enough to change your life, what is 1 mil gonna do?  Buy yourself 50 lifes?

why can't both be life changing?

like it's been said 30 times already, your circumstances determine whether or not X amount of dollars is "life changing" 

81GNdMj.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

You have a weirdly strict definition of life changing.

Ok so whats your definition of life changing? 

Internet arguing over semantics is always fun.

• Downvote (-1) 6

If 20k is enough to change your life, what is 1 mil gonna do?  Buy yourself 50 lifes?

I thought you said 50 likes and I got real excited.

Pretty sure people have been giving their definition the past 4 pages lol...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Pretty sure people have been giving their definition the past 4 pages lol...

And when one of them make actual sense I will agree. Until then though......

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 18

Maybe we should just talk in circles about whether or not Formal is coming back.

yes, because $20k would change Formal's life... :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Btw, Huke and Bubu need to start streaming ASAP. I respected Huke's talents during AW, but now I'm a fan of the kid. Bubu dubu should also push his brand because watching people in twitch chat post "bubu take my dubu" had me dying of laughter. 

No doubt that they have what it takes and the names will be a household name. they are well on there way.

So idk what all this garbage is, but i just wanted to say that Contra has been an amazing player for a while with a huge passion and dedication to the game and this denial squad didnt come as a surprise to me at all.  Contra is somewhere in between a leader and an amazing player, like he is in this to win and thats his main motivation to continue to get better.  I'm very happy to see him have some success this early in Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 3

It depends entirely on personal circumstance. For one person 25k might mean very little but for another it could mean everything.

Personally I'm a ridiculously poor uni student, 25k would instantly and massively change my life in a number of ways. It obviously wouldn't make me set for life but it would completely change my life in the short to mid term and could very well help me set myself up for the long term.

I could change Chastity's life at the Strip Club with $20K...

Just saying.

So you're saying that Halo pros are all strippers? No respect for the scene man, shame on you.

• Upvote (+1) 1