CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sooooooo can we stop talking about whether 20k is life changing or not? Thanks

no. I won't let these poor boys win

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I'm his brother so I'll ask him when he gets back, but I'm alnost positive he enjoys playing Halo more. Especially after this event

Btw... I'll be pushing hard for Huke to stream regularly when he gets back!!!

wut.... that is awesome

please do, huke has the love of both the halo community and the cod community, that's pretty exceptional when you consider both fan bases kinda hate each other lol

take ur +1 and gtfo

Check the dates my friends! Been saying it since day 1 of Huke's transition

Also, this right before the tourney

What an awesome tourney!

• Upvote (+1) 2

wut.... that is awesome

please do, huke has the love of both the halo community and the cod community, that's pretty exceptional when you consider both fan bases kinda hate each other lol

Yeah it was crazy to see all the support he received, he was grinding like 8 hrs/day on average to get up to speed and qualify. Really glad he did and found the right teammates. I could def see him not start streaming till post worlds for like "juju" purposes lol but we'll see

• Upvote (+1) 1

8uLNCq1.png5AMOzSK.png

Check the dates my friends! Been saying it since day 1 of Huke's transition

Glad you believed as well :). he's very willing to learn and I seriously gotta give shoutout to Contra for really teaching him the halo ways the past month or so. Taught him better decision making, play like you don't have a good shot at times, helped him with what he should/shouldn't call out, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry to interrupt the life changing money debate, just wanted to come in here and say that this weekend's tournament was really awesome. I had a great time watching.

Lots of big plays and loved the live crowd.

Can't wait for worlds!

Commence life changing money debate.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Three arguments for this money issue.

1) It is life changing

2) It is not life changing

3) You could buy stuff, notably Req Packs and Doritos. 

Either way you're not going to change anybodies minds with your opinion.

b11dRcM.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry to interrupt the life changing money debate, just wanted to come in here and say that this weekend's tournament was really awesome. I had a great time watching.

Lots of big plays and loved the live crowd.

Can't wait for worlds!

Commence life changing money debate.

Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment...

Would you capture it or just let it slip?

It's life changing money if you know what to do with it when you have it. Invest it, start a business, turn it into more money.

If you slowly fritter away your winnings on stupid shit then it didn't change your life!

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm pretty sure you can't call the HCS/HWC a money-making juggernaut if Microsoft has to pony up a million dollars in addition to dirty micro-transaction money in order to even generate interest in competitive Halo in the first place. As I said, if that money didn't exist, competitive Halo would not exist right now. 

Dallas did not have a "ton" of people in attendance. It had a "ton" of viewers because it was a Halo 4 reveal.

Which goes right along with the point I'm making - whether or not the new business model is more efficient, modern interest in competitive Halo is subsidized.

Virtually all esports content is subsidized ... the golden age of MLG Halo was also subsidized, by venture capitalists.  Also Dallas had over 1,000 people for the FFA alone and at least 200 teams iirc.

I mean, are you just trying to find an unnecessarily elaborate way of saying that H5 isn't as popular as H3?  Then you just blew my effing mind; yes, obviously, the XB1 system is not selling very well, there's a massive amount of competition from other games, and H5 has sold reasonably well but not amazingly well.

Would 256 team passes for H5 sell out in ten minutes?  No, they would not.  Is H5 doing surprisingly well in terms of org investment, new pros, Twitch viewership, and REQ sales?  Yes, it is.  Starcraft 2 gets 30k-40k viewers for the final day of regional tournaments (which are also dev-supported).  Smash gets similar viewers for regional tournaments (like BEAST 6).  H5 is arguably doing as well as these mid-tier esports on most metrics.

"We back!" means that we're back ... I'm not sure if you were watching AGL H4 tournaments like I was, but I assure you, we're doing pretty well, and hopefully this is just the beginning.

• Upvote (+1) 9

20k can be life changing sure. if it's enough to give someone a fresh start where they don't have to stress about X and Y, and allows that person to pursue a better life for them/family for an extended period of time, that would be considered life changing.

like people have said before, it's all about circumstance and what position you were put into either by what your parents have, or what you put yourself into. I myself started working full time straight out of high school doing interior flooring restoration with no job experience or schooling. my whole learning process was paid and I learned more on job sites then I could ever learn in school. 6 years later, I make 40k/y at 24 so I've been blessed honestly. my mom is also VP of Retail Management at a bank so I've never really had to worry about anything. while 20k would pay off the rest of my M3, it wouldn't necessarily be life changing for me. 

this is ofc if it's an EXTRA 20k on top of whatever anyone makes in salary. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think 20k is a pretty good amount of money to win, but I wouldn't be quitting my day job.

This is my entire point summed up in a sentence. 

If you cant quit your day job, its not life changing. 

Those two words (life changing) have caused -20 in rep today for me lololol and its still growing. Unreal.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 29

you didn't even link the poll???

I posted it on here earlier yesterday, you must have just missed it!  I assume I should make that 10 haters?  :simms:

This is my entire point summed up in a sentence.

If you cant quit your day job, its not life changing.

Those two words (life changing) have caused -20 in rep today for me lololol and its still growing. Unreal.

Here's some more, cry more ;(

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1