CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But this is the thread for discussing HWC teams and seeds. All of this talk regarding prize money and poor people is seriously making me depressed. Can somebody please make a HWC Prize money discussion thread?

i just want to clear this up

Teams, Seeds and Discussion‏

talking about prize money is relevant, as is talking about competitive settings

the difference is there is literally zero point in discussing competitive settings until after the season

let's agree to disagree, some people think being able to put a down payment on a house is life changing, clearly you and proxima don't

we are just beating a dead horse at this point

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, and I never implied that, so I'm not sure what you're getting at, lol.

Naded is currently a dominant player, wins/good placings or not.

Just because Ogre 2 isn't winning a dozen tournaments in a row doesn't mean he isn't a top player.

• Upvote (+1) 8

where in fuck do you come from that 20 thousand dollars isn't life changing.

it has nothing to do with being poor. I'm not looking at "life changing" as "life changing RIGHT NOW"

a "life changing" amount of money would have the power to change your life PERMANENTLY.... not for a year.

Seriously, I got downvoted for pointing out that 20k won't stretch past what, one year? Two? And is this not 20k that you also have to pay taxes on?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Which we don't know the specifics of, as I said, and we don't know when it begins, as I said. Can you read?

Well competent people will understand it will start again the same time this year as it did last year. 

You really called me out for being passive aggressive then went full Real Housewives of Orange County on me right here. 

how :kappa: many :kappa: Kappas :kappa: do :kappa: I :kappa: need :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Catch up Vision bro, Nadeshot has been out of the house for almost a year now.

Like I would know or care. Dont give a fuck about CoD

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

20k right now would change my life.

Not everyone has the same life conditions as you.

then throw me a bone (you really don't have to).

If you'd oblige, please tell me how 20k would change your life permanently in any significant & lasting way.

the difference is there is literally zero point in discussing competitive settings until after the season

let's agree to disagree, some people think being able to put a down payment on a house is life changing, clearly you and proxima don't

I disagree.

I think 20k can be life changing. It might also not be. I really don't care. I'm just saying that dragging such a pointless argument this far through the mud while making non-sensical points seems counter-intuitive to any discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If some one gave me a £17.5K ($25K) lump sum i'd be able to put a deposit on a house and be set for life. So for me personally, yes it is.

So just putting a downpayment on a house sets you for life? Tell me more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG 3rd/4th must be disappointing for them but chuck in an extra hour more and HWC should be theirs.

What?  :wutface:

If you'd oblige, please tell me how 20k would change your life permanently in any significant & lasting way.

I could afford to buy a car which would in turn allow me to travel further for jobs in my area (I live in the middle of nowhere) and actually get on with my career in the IT industry. With the base 20k, I could afford insurance and if I get a job, I'll have a solid income to actually keep paying the insurance and other quality of life things such as a better graphics card for my computer, a third monitor, a new desk, etc.

It's a knock-on effect. Start with the 20k, spend it well and in the long run I'm going to have a better life.

But knowing me, I'd blow it all on Doritos and REQ packs.

EDIT: What @@Moses_FPS said too. It's pointless debating this. Some people don't see it as life changing, some people do. Right now I'm a poor fuck and 20k would help me get well on my way with life.

• Upvote (+1) 5

5uo3w76.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I could afford to buy a car which would in turn allow me to travel further for jobs in my area (I live in the middle of nowhere) and actually get on with my career in the IT industry. With the base 20k, I could afford insurance and if I get a job, I'll have a solid income to actually keep paying the insurance and other quality of life things such as a better graphics card for my computer, a third monitor, a new desk, etc.

It's a knock-on effect. Start with the 20k, spend it well and in the long run I'm going to have a better life.

But knowing me, I'd blow it all on Doritos and REQ packs.

Then if that's your definition, we can just leave it there (although I'm not sure you can ignore all of the other moving parts that would have to fall correctly for you to complete that scenario... like finding/actually landing the job).

Now we CAN agree that 20k could buy a life-changing amount of Doritos

Then if that's your definition, we can just leave it there (although I'm not sure you can ignore all of the other moving parts that would have to fall correctly for you to complete that scenario... like finding/actually landing the job).

Now we CAN agree that 20k could buy a life-changing amount of Doritos

Is this the part where I post Doritos gifs/

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread is fuckin LIT this morning. I think we're all delirious from our Halo hangovers.

I bet Ogre 2 would really like that 20k right about now

• Upvote (+1) 2

That would be amazing, but Huke and the Denial "CEO" relationship is too tight for that too happen. If I am Huke, no matter what the results are at HWC, I leave Denial and approach Hecz. The Optic fanbase have been in love with the kid since the beginning of 2015. Maniac and Flame should just be content creators for Optic, more so Flame.

YouTube Huke here from the Optic Scuf house, it's 6pm and I just woke up, missed my pro league match, but we just had Flamesword fill in for me. Going to hop online and scrim but first I've got to do a chicken McNugget challenge. Please comment like and subscribe to your boy. PEEEEEACE.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

trying to get thread back on topic like

HpPDKQb.gif

One man can only do so much

6MQfAb3.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You do realize the average age of this site, right? A lot of us are college kids or just getting out of college. $20k just out of the blue like that can help you be set for life if invested correctly.

Imagine bubu dubu or Huke(who already probably has a good bit from CoD) winning that or more during worlds. They could be set for college if that's what they choose to do.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This thread is fuckin LIT this morning. I think we're all delirious from our Halo hangovers.

It could still be more dank.

• Upvote (+1) 1

does anyone know if huke has spoken up about which FPS franchise he prefers (between CoD and Halo)?

I'm his brother so I'll ask him when he gets back, but I'm alnost positive he enjoys playing Halo more. Especially after this event

• Upvote (+1) 9

Here are a few things

1. Pay off student loans
  2. Downpayment on house
  3. Pay off all credit card debt
  4. Investing in the market
  5. New car

Each of these things can change a persons life permanently, and there are more than just these options.