CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's hard for me to imagine Ogre 2 and even Pistola sticking around through the off season. For starters there's no reason for him to play until after Worlds, and then we don't know exactly what comes after or more importantly when it comes. They're not the type of players to run 8s just for the sake of playing the game. They probably don't enjoy it.

No reason to play? Not unless they're 100% retiring. All of the teams that are going to worlds are just going to get better, and plenty of the teams that didn't make it are going to keep grinding. Even T2 has been playing every night.

Sure, money might be a factor, but if you stuck with Halo through the dark ages it would be ridiculous to quit now because of it. 2gre won $17K last year getting second at damn near every tournament. That's barely a living wage. Orgs and sponsors can help you game full time but if you want to hold on to those you gotta place well, and you're not gonna place well in H5 if you don't play the game. Prize pools are up and I assume 343 has a plan to sustain the scene, but there are plenty of hungry players out there that'll be back fighting for that money after worlds.

H2A bracket was perfect. Not a fan of single elimination pool play. I know professional sports isn't always fair, but I think we have the power to do it better with video games. To think the seeds are 100% accurate going to regionals just isn't true.

Also, the rest of the world should qualify to come here to play in regionals. Worse teams shouldn't be getting easier money and further along because they live in easier parts of the world. 8 teams elsewhere are making it to worlds while only 8 teams here are. While that's fair numbers, 8 teams are getting a way better shot at making worlds than 20+ teams here. I'm sure people here would be happy if 343 took 100k out of the prize pool to fiance people coming here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel for Naded man.  Allegiance is such a good roster, I think they're one move away (dropping cratos) from competing for the 1 spot.  El Town was arguably their best player when it mattered with the extremely underrated suspector (who i think is a top 5 player).  If they could snatch someone up in the off-season free-agency or if the twins really do plan on retiring, possibly getting snip3down.  It may sound odd, but I think Snip3down would fit with their grinding mentality and how into Halo he is.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel for Naded man.  Allegiance is such a good roster, I think they're one move away (dropping cratos) from competing for the 1 spot.  El Town was arguably their best player when it mattered with the extremely underrated suspector (who i think is a top 5 player).  If they could snatch someone up in the off-season free-agency or if the twins really do plan on retiring, possibly getting snip3down.  It may sound odd, but I think Snip3down would fit with their grinding mentality and how into Halo he is.

mexican_4bca52_1094447.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

i thought Roy said this was his last season competing? and if he had to drag LBX back into it at the start of H2A, I'd assume LBX would be out as well

i thought Roy said this was his last season competing? and if he had to drag LBX back into it at the start of H2A, I'd assume LBX would be out as well

He said H5 was his last title to compete in. He will be most likely around for pro league and next HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I see a lot of people saying that because we got 33k viewers during finals that it means  :weback:. And, I mean, that's a good start, but it's only one metric. On a normal day, H5 streams get 3k viewers combined at their peak (usually at night when pros are scrimming). Compared to other games like cod or even Destiny, who easily get 10k on any given day, we have a lot of work to do. 

The huge discrepancy between 30k+ for finals and 3k on a normal day tells me that there are a lot of casual fans tuning in during big events but not really sticking around for much longer. And that's cool, it indicates people are getting interested again, but we need to retain those people to build a large group of dedicated viewers (which is super important for the longevity of a game and has so many other benefits). 

That's where, IMO, Hecz's #content thing comes into play. It's vital for pros and the community to promote themselves all over the place in the next little while, on places like Reddit etc. Things like "wanna become a better Halo player? Watch this team who just won NA regionals scrim against this other team tonight and learn from them!" and so on. And of course, vlogs, gameplay, etc. on youtube never hurts. 

Semi-related question: Do you think Halo will ever be popular in Asia? On one hand, I don't think any FPS (even CSGO) has really taken off there, but on the other hand that could just mean there's a market waiting to be filled. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Also, all this talk about Optic picking another team. I actualy think Hecz should keep the current roster. It's good mix of veterans and young guns, they showed they can hang. All they need is practice. Obviously I don't know what Hecz's plan is, but I think it's safe to say we will see Optic Halo in pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 1

edit: nvm found the answer to my first question :simms:

Also - with the 2.5mill prize pool update, have they posted what the prize money breakdown looks like per placement?

Can someone list out the placings for this weekend? 

Also - with the 2.5mill prize pool update, have they posted what the prize money breakdown looks like per placement?

1st: CLG

2nd: Denial

3rd/4th: Evil Geniuses, Allegiance

5th,6th,7th,8th: Liquid, Triggers Pound, Renegades, Noble 

Not sure about the prize pool breakdown for worlds but it was shown for sure.

CbnBHEhWwAAFZMB.png

Here is the breakdown.

^So much win in one pic.

• Upvote (+1) 7

edit: nvm found the answer to my first question :simms:

I know 1st gets 1mil and 9-16 gets 25k

I thought he handled that loss really well considering the situation. It would have been really easy for him to say something stupid after X-Games. Dude handled it like a champ though.

Lxthul is the definition of right trigger fingers turn to twitter fingers

*I can't delete you from the quote quinny, swry.*

Did you lose a lot of respect for spartan when he teabagged ace? Or the many other times it's happened? Youll get over it.

Harden the fuck up.

Damn, people are so sensitive over teabagging. Teabagging is silly fun

GOODNESS SAKE

How would you guys like it if someone put their balls in your Lunchbox?

I would definitely say competitive Halo is back and it has been for at least the past year dating back to H2A.

We have solid competitive teams not only in NA but also in EU. Orgs have become a big thing within the scene. Solid viewership along with support outside of the Halo scene. New players coming in and making a name for themselves. And to end it we have a fairly good competitive game whether you disagree with some of the things in it or not.

Not to mention this site and this thread continues to grow wuth new people to experience the dank memes

Too say we aren't "back" would be ignorant. There will always be room for improvement but we are in a whole much better state than 2+ years and doing AGL

We need to vote on a definition of what "back" is

• Upvote (+1) 1

If CLG wins, TJ will have won 6.21 times his entire lan winnings during EG's 1st place streak.

It might be even more, but I just gave Clutch 1/5 of the winnings because I am not aware of what his actual compensation is.

I just realized Denial is basically the new Infamous if they beat CLG at Worlds. How ironic would that be.

:lxthul:

Looking at it hypothetically and using infused as an example, if they make it out of groups including UK and EU finals the lads will have bagged a minimum of $98,000 in the space of 3 months giving them roughly at a guess £17,500 each. (split evenly by 4 players with no deductions)

This makes me happy as hell, what a life changing lump sum of money for playing Halo.

I'll be so happy if any EU roster does well COME ON BOYS!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Looking at it hypothetically if infused make it out of groups, including UK and EU finals the lads will have bagged a minimum of $98,000 in the space of 3 months giving them roughly at a guess £17,500 each. (split evenly by 4 players with no deductions)

This makes me happy as hell, what a life changing lump sum of money for playing Halo.

In your opinion, what team has the best shot at taking out an NA team? Elipson?

In your opinion, what team has the best shot at taking out an NA team? Elipson?

The biggest factor is groups and what teams they get, EU teams can beat a some NA teams and they will also take out the ASIA team. I'm obviously going to support my friends and home field players where possible but I'm also not ignorant to the fact that NA is as strong as it ever has been, beating any NA team is no easy feat but it is possible as we saw at Aspen.

With all due respect it's going to be infused or Epsilon, Infused are disgusting right now and have that 1st seed. Epsilon have got a lot of work to do and the BUK's need to step it up this event, if the BUK's perform  well which they can they will breeze pools and into the bracket.

Excel and Fab are full of great talent, certainly not as strong as the other 2 but could quite easily creep out of groups and be a breakout team but the groups are so dependent for this event. Amazing teams are scattered all over from NA from seeds 1 - 8.

• Upvote (+1) 2