CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My girlfriend has started to refer to her breasts as Bubu Dudus after today, so that's something.

LOL

Booking such as flight, hotel, cars, etc? Tickets are not on sale yet correct?

Just wanted to double check. :)

Yeah, venue and tickets haven't been announced. Just saying people who want to go should try to at least have a plan ready to get there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, venue and tickets haven't been announced. Just saying people who want to go should try to at least have a plan ready to get there.

33k is a win in my book. No Optic today, Finals without EG.

UMG event last week was only hitting 25k in the Finals and that tournament had $100k up for grabs.

I know that tournament was a literal clown fiesta, but I'm surprised that Halo had that many more viewers in the finals.

I would like to point out that i called denial for top 4 before saturday. Never expected them to take games from clg though.

Also Im kinda late but it never hurt me so much to see a team lose as when Envyus did.... Ogre 2 mikwen ola and arkanum have always been personal favorites of mine. To have EG and Denial as their two matches was terrible luck... Damn.

edit: how much did denial win btw?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would like to point out that i called denial for top 4 before saturday. Never expected them to take games from clg though.

Also Im kinda late but it never hurt me so much to see a team lose as when Envyus did.... Ogre 2 mikwen ola and arkanum have always been personal favorites of mine. To have EG and Denial as their two matches was terrible luck... Damn.

edit: how much did denial win btw?

10k to split

when they complain about reused gifs but they keep typing the same reused gameplay complaints

ice_cube_wtf.gif

Um, you're giving me negative vibes.

Mods?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

I don't think EnVy got rekt because Ogre 2/Ola are washed, I think the team just didn't have the chemistry or teamwork. They seemed completely disorganized against EG and probably were against Denial and WFX off stream. 2gre and Ola need to find of a team of young guns and mold them into a top team. Arkanum and Mikwen need to be on a good team that they work well with and have similar play styles to.

Also I think Optic definitely performed and could have beat TP but were playing pretty bad the first day. I hope they stay together because they could so some awesome stuff together.

when they complain about reused gifs but they keep typing the same reused gameplay complaints

ice_cube_wtf.gif

Gameplay complaints can start or contribute to a discussion that might help a move to better settings. Remember halo reach? Nbns? Posting reused gifs can contribute to to your rep. See the difference?
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gameplay complaints can start or contribute to a discussion that might help a move to better settings. Remember halo reach? Nbns? Posting reused gifs can contribute to to your rep. See the difference?

[negative vibes detected]

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo Championship World Groups:

Pool A

CLG (#1 NA)

Team Infused (#1 EMEA)

Chosen Squad (#1 LA)

Team Immunity (#1 ANZ)

Pool B

Denial (#2 NA)

Aftermath (#1 Asia)

exceL eSports (#2 EMEA)

Team Exile (#2 ANZ)

Pool C

Evil Geniuses (#3/4 NA)

Allegiance (#3/4 NA)

Epsilon eSports (#3/4 EMEA)

Fab Games eSports (#3/4 EMEA)

Pool D

Team Liquid (#5/8 NA)

Renegades (#5/8 NA)

Nobles eSports (#5/8 NA)

Triggers Pound (#5/8 NA)

"Teams will be drawn from the above Pools into Groups for the Group Stage portion of the Finals ● The following restrictions will be in place when teams are drawn from the Pools and placed into the Groups ○ Each group must have exactly one (1) team from each pool ○ A group cannot contain more than two (2) teams from North America ○ A group cannot contain more than one (1) team from EMEA ○ A group cannot contain more than one (1) team from ANZ ○ Any invalid draws automatically fill the next valid open slot in the Group ○ Valid draws cannot invalidate future draws"

I think only chance of Non-NA making top 8 is if Infused or Epsilon get Triggers Pound or Noble as 2nd NA team in group. Even then they still could have a small chance.

Can our friendly neighborhood mods please empty my rep completely and not allow it to ever gain anything so I don't have to see this shit anymore? jesus christ, remember what fun was like?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah, unless the venue only seats 150(ESL Studios) and people book flights without tickets then cant get in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've said it before, I'll say it again, wait til after Worlds then we can talk settings/nerfs/buffs all day long. My problem with the settings talk is that it's not happening til then so talking and complaining about over and over again in this thread is pointless. It really just dampens the positive vibes which is the reason I love this thread.

This is such a ridiculous expectation, though. MLG never said "wait until after the National Championship to change settings or add/remove maps", and nobody ever complained. 

My question to those who say we aren't back, is what are the qualifications to us being back?

If Sundance is to be believed we are pulling better viewer numbers now than in the past. There is more money on the line now than in the past. We have developer supported events, MLG ran events, multigame orgs with solid reps and followings...

When Halo was on top of the world, streaming was in its infancy. Of course the stream numbers are going to be better today. And are we really using Dallas 2012 as a measure of when Halo was healthy? 

Thousands of people attended MLG events JUST for Halo in its heyday. People drove across the country with stunning regularity to attend what were basically glorified LANs. Ask yourself this - if there weren't dev-run tournaments with guaranteed huge payouts right now, would we even have Halo 5 tournaments? 

Halo used to thrive IN SPITE of the developers, not because they put the game on life support. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Because game population numbers are low and are falling.

peak mlg viewers back in halo 3 was quoted from sundance topped at 35k for Dallas 2012. But I guess our population numbers are low. 

I feel the current team could be a lot better if they had a coach who understands the game.

Not even that. Just play more and stop pranking nadeshot all day..

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

peak mlg viewers back in halo 3 was quoted from sundance topped at 35k for Dallas 2012. But I guess our population numbers are low. 

I mean, I was just under the impression that the only reason we wanted the game to take off in viewership was so that it could eventually take off in the actual tangible community.

I don't see it happening so I question when people become complacent because :weback:.

Can we at least have a couple of days without bickering about the settings? I just finished watching and I was never more excited about an event. I was going crazy watching the denial run and also the CLG dominance and then hop on here to see everyone else excited and I see NO RADAR NERF AUTOS! WE NOT BACK! Such a downer.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Exactly. Anyone claiming they can pick up Halo 5's sniper and automatically drop a Rampage Perfection is in over their heads.

Is it easier? Sure.

Is it easy to drop multi-kills with it flawlessly? No.

What kills me are people who get on here and say that snipe is so easy to use, they'd never hit those shots with the H3 Sniper.

Let me refer those people to this montage, which is against top players.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr5Dnk4Rd3k

• Upvote (+1) 3

What kills me are people who get on here and say that snipe is so easy to use, they'd never hit those shots with the H3 Sniper.

Let me refer those people to this montage, which is against top players.

So are you denying that the Halo 5 sniper is much easier to use than the Halo 3 sniper?

• Downvote (-1) 1