CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't get how it would shun new players and viewers. Remove radar. Less autos. Buff the pistol. Nerf the snipers magnetism and boom.

It's not like I'm asking for H3 or Reach level overhaul of the settings.

No need to buff the pistol if you nerf the autos.  Tbh thats the only thing that needs to happen imo aside from radar.  Radar doesn't change the balance of how the weapons work, just the idea of how/when they are used.  

I'm all for nerfing the autos.  But tbh its NOT happening until after worlds at least(if at all for all I know.)  We don't need to keep on being parrots about it.  Refusing to beat a dead horse is not settling for mediocrity.  We are trying to be optimistic on the fact that the game isn't a complete piece of shit and it has the capability of bringing in new fans.  The hype train is literally just leaving the station.  Let the fans come, let the balances and patches come.  Patience young Skywalker.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

33k is a win in my book. No Optic today, Finals without EG.

UMG event last week was only hitting 25k in the Finals and that tournament had $100k up for grabs.

That event was also basically the worst CoD event hands down. Goldenboys periscope had more viewers while basically having the same production from a phone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I missed the announcement about the location of worlds.  All I've heard is "hollywood."  Did they say when tickets would go on sale?  Any information would be much appreciated.  

Optic picking up a GOOD team would benefit the Halo scene so much....

I feel the current team could be a lot better if they had a coach who understands the game.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Somehow I find it disconcerting that the finals was considerably less than yesterday in terms of viewers. 

I figure maybe the Optic effect?  Or more people were busy Sunday for whatever reason ... it is odd though

I've said it before, I'll say it again, wait til after Worlds then we can talk settings/nerfs/buffs all day long. My problem with the settings talk is that it's not happening til then so talking and complaining about over and over again in this thread is pointless. It really just dampens the positive vibes which is the reason I love this thread.

Most of the talk is directly in response to a few veteran players not making it out of pool play, which is what I find funny. Blame the settings, not the players!

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I missed the announcement about the location of worlds. All I've heard is "hollywood." Did they say when tickets would go on sale? Any information would be much appreciated.

March 4th there will be more info. If you want to go I'd get stuff booked NOW because 343 is really effing people hard by not announcing this sooner.

I feel the current team could be a lot better if they had a coach who understands the game.

While a coach can be clutch it was very irrelevant in the case of Optic.  If they started grinding H5 from the gate like they grinded the lcq they would probably be going to worlds.  For them it was just too little too late.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've said it before, I'll say it again, wait til after Worlds then we can talk settings/nerfs/buffs all day long. My problem with the settings talk is that it's not happening til then so talking and complaining about over and over again in this thread is pointless. It really just dampens the positive vibes which is the reason I love this thread.

Most of the talk is directly in response to a few veteran players not making it out of pool play, which is what I find funny. Blame the settings, not the players!

I don't see anyone trying to discuss settings right now. Which makes me wonder why you're making another post about it.

As far as the bolded line goes, I've said it before and I'll say it again; it's ridiculous that people think the complaints are unjustified because they get the idea that they're directly "in response to veteran players not making it out of pool play".

March 4th there will be more info. If you want to go I'd get stuff booked NOW because 343 is really effing people hard by not announcing this sooner.

343i PlzLearn from this

• Upvote (+1) 3

While a coach can be clutch it was very irrelevant in the case of Optic. If they started grinding H5 from the gate like they grinded the lcq they would probably be going to worlds. For them it was just too little too late.

100% agree. Optic got 10x better over the last 2 weeks. If they hadn't been so complacent the roster might still be Flame, Maniac, Assault, Stellur. BigT isn't the reason they couldn't qualify.

Thanks.  I live in los angeles so that's not an issue.  Just hoping I can get a pass before they sell out.  

I would definitely say competitive Halo is back and it has been for at least the past year dating back to H2A.

We have solid competitive teams not only in NA but also in EU. Orgs have become a big thing within the scene. Solid viewership along with support outside of the Halo scene. New players coming in and making a name for themselves. And to end it we have a fairly good competitive game whether you disagree with some of the things in it or not.

Not to mention this site and his thread continues to grow and see new people to experience the dank memes

Too say we aren't "back" would be ignorant. There will always be room for improvement but we are in a whole much better state than 2+ years and doing AGL

Everything has been growing except for the actual game.

To be honest, I don't see why people are so satisfied with 40k+ viewers when the game itself which was released 4 months ago can't even break 40k usually.

Sorry for the negative vibes everyone.

• Downvote (-1) 12

Seeing how the event turned out, NV really didn't look all that bad. I mean they only lost to denial and EG. And looking back they very well could have been up 2-0 on denial had Mikwen not charged rocket corner. Disappointing still, but at least they werent losing to mediocre teams.

I would definitely say competitive Halo is back and it has been for at least the past year dating back to H2A.

We have solid competitive teams not only in NA but also in EU. Orgs have become a big thing within the scene. Solid viewership along with support outside of the Halo scene. New players coming in and making a name for themselves. And to end it we have a fairly good competitive game whether you disagree with some of the things in it or not.

Not to mention this site and his thread continues to grow and see new people to experience the dank memes

Too say we aren't "back" would be ignorant. There will always be room for improvement but we are in a whole much better state than 2+ years and doing AGL

My question to those who say we aren't back, is what are the qualifications to us being back?

If Sundance is to be believed we are pulling better viewer numbers now than in the past. There is more money on the line now than in the past. We have developer supported events, MLG ran events, multigame orgs with solid reps and followings...

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not to mention this site and this thread continues to grow and see new people to experience the dank memes

Summed it up pretty well. Upvote.

Double post. Downvote.

You played yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 6

100% agree. Optic got 10x better over the last 2 weeks. If they hadn't been so complacent the roster might still be Flame, Maniac, Assault, Stellur. BigT isn't the reason they couldn't qualify.

Tbh if they weren't complacent the roster would probably still be Flame, Assault, Maniac, and Ace.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The viewer numbers speak for themselves. 

Because game population numbers are low and are falling.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Booking such as flight, hotel, cars, etc? Tickets are not on sale yet correct?

Just wanted to double check. :)