CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I agree that settings could be more competetive, but I would rather have these settings which are still competitive and entertaining and cater to new fans and a growing fan base than the most competetive settings right away that may shun new fans. I DO hope that the settings get tuned to be progressively more and more competetive to where we are more of a happy medium between new fans and elite competetition, but there is no need to rush it. What we have is highly entertaining and I'm thankful for it.

I don't get how it would shun new players and viewers. Remove radar. Less autos. Buff the pistol. Nerf the snipers magnetism and boom.

It's not like I'm asking for H3 or Reach level overhaul of the settings.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You gotta have a balance.

It's okay to think Halo 5 isn't perfect, because it's not. You will always have trolls but some people have legitimate complaints. Those voices need to be heard too.

It's the sign of a passionate/healthy community.

I definitely agree.  

BUT I think we're all aware of them at this point. People think there's too much auto usage, storm rifle is too powerful, the sniper is too easy to use, and radar is bad. Cool. Not everyone agrees with all that. I agree with a couple of those, but it's not a huge deal to me because the game is really fun to play and really fun to watch.

Ironically, if almost every one of those complaints were heard, it would benefit me while playing. But it's not going to change before HCS Worlds so why keep coming into the HCS thread just to put a wet blanket on the fun?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

We definitely back ... 40k yesterday and finals at 33k today.  Sundance stated in an interview a couple years back that the highest ever MLG viewer numbers were around 35,000 for MLG Dallas 2012.  

P.S. Optic needs to pick up the Denial roster

Somehow I find it disconcerting that the finals was considerably less than yesterday in terms of viewers. 

Somehow I find it disconcerting that the finals was considerably less than yesterday in terms of viewers.

#GREENWALL

• Upvote (+1) 7

Optic juice is a hell of a drug
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Not a fan of all the crouching and some of the auto weapons, but pretty much all of the players have adapted, and it's still very entertaining to watch.

I've only seen a couple who come on here a lot trashing the game, so it's no big deal for me. It's a little weird to see people so fixated on it in a thread about Halo 5 Teams, but whatever. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not a fan of all the crouching and some of the auto weapons, but pretty much all of the players have adapted, and it's still very entertaining to watch.

I've only seen a couple who come on here a lot trashing the game, so it's no big deal for me. It's a little weird to see people so fixated on it in a thread about Halo 5 Teams, but whatever. 

It's not a thread just about the teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If you guys want to talk Halo 5 - why you don't like the game, is Snipe easy to use in this game - whatever, keep it in the Halo 5 thread please.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/

I'm really not trying to be a dick, but we just had an incredible weekend of Halo. Let's enjoy the weekend we had and the time between now and Worlds. The last thing we need is pointless heated discussions and disagreements, especially if they begin to reach a personal level. Keep it cool.

That thread is about h5 in general--req packs, warzone, etc. there is currently no better thread than than the hwc thread to discuss hwc settings

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

That thread is about h5 in general--req packs, warzone, etc. there is currently no better thread than than the hwc thread to discuss hwc settings

Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cod 25k tournament as well as the LCS though.

Not really. It's not the HWC settings, which is just default, that makes the sniper easier. The sniper is like that across everything.

As a poster here, I think this thread has a good balance of discussion all around. I like seeing settings discussed far more than the pages and pages of shit posts, gifs, one line replies, and other genreal things that really dont contribute. When those things get posted, I simply skip by them. The only think that throws this thread off track is when mods try to overmoderate. You can have 10 different threads all dedicated to small things, but currently the meta is: halo 5 gaurdians is general discussion, and this is HWC discussion which involves settings, teams, live chat during games, etc.

I've never seen a place so dense of shitposts, gifs, and +1 replies get so angry over things that technically involve the thread title.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 9

It is. Halo World Championship Teams, Seeds, and Discussion

In the case of Halo 5, whatever the base game is, that's what is played competitively. Therefore, if you have a problem with the game's settings, you can go to the Halo 5: Guardians Discussion thread.

Whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

As a poster here, I think this thread has a good balance of discussion all around. I like seeing settings discussed far more than the pages and pages of shit posts, gifs, one line replies, and other genreal things that really dont contribute. When those things get posted, I simply skip by them. The only think that throws this thread of track is when mods try to overmoderate. You can have 10 different threads all dedicated to small things, but currently the meta is: halo 5 is general discussion, and this is HWC discussion which involves settings.

This is our post-tournament safe space. Please stop dampening the mood. Take it to Waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

33k is a win in my book. No Optic today, Finals without EG.

UMG event last week was only hitting 25k in the Finals and that tournament had $100k up for grabs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you tell me how it's back?

@

Did you just neg my post without responding? I asked you how Halo is back. Legitimate question here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the fact that we where only 7k down from the optic juice numbers is a pretty good standing