CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Top fucking lol at "full time high school student". I'm im university with a part time job.

Fuck you if you think I need to be a pro to have an opinion on this game. You are ridiculous.

There isn't a need for personal attacks. At the end of the day we're all trying to enjoy competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

legit question

what's with all the Flamesword should coach hate? I see Flame as a solid player, I thought Chaser was the biggest problem this weekend

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'll walk right in your little imaginary safe place 4 shot you and t-bag you.... 

With a mouse and keyboard tho? lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

People, we can talk about certain aspects of the game that would further increase the skill gap of the game without meaning "there is no skill involved whatsoever and it's easy to be a pro". 

Yes, the sniper is a lot easier in this game than most Halo games, that does NOT mean it doesn't take skill at all and you shouldn't get excited over a nice no scope. It's just that if the sniper was harder to use, we would all be getting that much more excited over the same no scope because we would know how difficult it is.

No one really cared when someone got a 4sk in H2 but people did care when someone got a 3sk in CE for example.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

On a light note congrats to CLG for winning. Missed all of todays matches but Denial getting second is fantastic, hope these kids all stick together cause they have great prospects.

EG 3rd/4th must be disappointing for them but chuck in an extra hour more and HWC should be theirs.

There isn't a need for personal attacks. At the end of the day we're all trying to enjoy competitive Halo.

Really all I want is to enjoy H5 competitive, but when everyone says radar and autos are competitive I just can't stand it.

Instead of settling for mediocrity we should push for the most competitive settings for H5.

H5 could be an amazing game, but not with all of this BS. I was just in a TS game on Empire with kids just camping corners with Storm Rifles. I just don't see how you guys see that as competitive or skillful. I thought Halo was about skillfully out shooting your opponent with a precision weapon, not crouching around with autos and staring at your radar.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't snipe for shit in Halo 5, just like I couldn't in Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4.

It might be easier but I still miss all the damn time.

I think people see Royal 2 snipe and think it's as easy as he makes it look.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's gonna be tough having to wake up early tomorrow for school. Halo tournies always have bittersweet endings.

:'(

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't snipe for shit in Halo 5, just like I couldn't in Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach or Halo 4.

It might be easier but I still miss all the damn time.

Ive never been good with sniper.

I mostly have hoped since 2008 to just pick it up and pull a Snipedown. But reality is I hit teammates more often.

People, we can talk about certain aspects of the game that would further increase the skill gap of the game without meaning "there is no skill involved whatsoever and it's easy to be a pro". 

Yes, the sniper is a lot easier in this game than most Halo games, that does NOT mean it doesn't take skill at all and you shouldn't get excited over a nice no scope. It's just that if the sniper was harder to use, we would all be getting that much more excited over the same no scope because we would know how difficult it is.

No one really cared when someone got a 4sk in H2 but people did care when someone got a 3sk in CE for example.  

That's the point I'm trying to push across. Making the game more skillful will make the game that much better to watch and play.

Really all I want is to enjoy H5 competitive, but when everyone says radar and autos are competitive I just can't stand it.

Instead of settling for mediocrity we should push for the most competitive settings for H5.

H5 could be an amazing game, but not with all of this BS. I was just in a TS game on Empire with kids just camping corners with Storm Rifles. I just don't see how you guys see that as competitive or skillful. I thought Halo was about skillfully out shooting your opponent with a precision weapon, not crouching around with autos and staring at your radar.

I agree that settings could be more competetive, but I would rather have these settings which are still competitive and entertaining and cater to new fans and a growing fan base than the most competetive settings right away that may shun new fans. I DO hope that the settings get tuned to be progressively more and more competetive to where we are more of a happy medium between new fans and elite competetition, but there is no need to rush it. What we have is highly entertaining and I'm thankful for it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I really like watching H5 played competitively - it does have a different meta, with some crazy movement options (people zipping all over the place) and the production level is great. It's the first game ever that I don't like playing but really like watching - it's odd but I'm going to take the parts of it I enjoy and leave the rest. These tournaments have rocked - and I'm grateful to have something exciting to watch,

• Upvote (+1) 1

Point is having the sniper reticle on someone's head isn't required to get a headshot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Point is having the sniper reticle on someone's head isn't required to get a headshot.

Exactly. Anyone claiming they can pick up Halo 5's sniper and automatically drop a Rampage Perfection is in over their heads.

Is it easier? Sure.

Is it easy to drop multi-kills with it flawlessly? No.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Great weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! That being said, and waiting for the tournament to be done.

I really despise radar, and still think it needs to be removed in competitive. 

Edit: well shit @@Proto posted at the same time, and made me feel bad about my post.

Great weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! That being said, and waiting for the tournament to be done.

I really despise radar, and still think it needs to be removed in competitive. 

Edit: well shit @@Proto posted at the same time, and made me feel bad about my post.

Lol you're fine. I'm just talking about if the discussion is going to become pages and pages - back and forth - with things getting personal. It shouldn't get to that point to begin with, and we've got the Halo 5 thread for the actual game discussion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still think there needs to be a powerup added to Eden slayer. blue has too much of an advantage off spawn, and it would reduce standoffs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We definitely back ... 40k yesterday and finals at 33k today.  Sundance stated in an interview a couple years back that the highest ever MLG viewer numbers were around 35,000 for MLG Dallas 2012.  

P.S. Optic needs to pick up the Denial roster

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1