CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Crowd was definitely more against us, not much cheering no matter what we did but once we won there was a decent reaction.

Anyways onto worlds I hope you all enjoyed that as much as me

Clap basically lied to us is what youre saying? It wouldnt be the first time his mouth has gotten him into trouble.

I thought it was 5-8 na in their own group d?

That'd the groups. One team is pulled from each group to make pools with certain restrictions.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really sad this weekend is over. It was fun. Now for post tournament mini-depression.

Tournaments will end, but the memes will live on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just watched the broadcast, fucking insane. Shout out to Astro though. Can't imagine Denial getting as far as they did if the audio issues persisted.

Okay, lets say you're right hypothetically; what's the big deal? Halo 5 has a huge skill ceiling as evident by today's tournament. Players are constantly getting better and learning new techniques.

Either way it's a moot point.

If you want to discuss this more PM me. Don't want to clog the thread.

I never said anything about the overall skill ceiling of Halo 5, you need to take a step back and not go on the defensive so easily. I love Halo 5 and am a big fan of pretty much all of the mechanics they brought into the game (I even love the maps!). That said, I still think the snipe is very easy to use and that detracts from the game a little bit for me. Its not the end of the world but I'd rather they made something more in line with H3's.

You could make the argument that they made the sniper easier to use to combat the abundance of viable long range rifles in this game, and you wouldn't be wrong. Just a bit too easy imo though

The only Halo game where sniping was relatively difficult was Halo 3. H2 = Easy, H2A = Easy, Reach = Easy, H4 = Easy, CE = Average

Mostly agree except I personally find CE's pretty difficult (or at very least awkward), and do people usually recognise H2A as a flat out seperate title? That seems a little disingenuous but idk

• Downvote (-1) 1

This is an esport where your objective is to literally kill the other team over and over again, but kneeling over them is too much?

If someone tea bags or shoots a body, its because there's a lot of passion and emotion behind it for some reason. To not want that is to totally miss what makes a huge part of a sport or esport so competitive and great to watch.

343 also made a teabag emblem........so it's part of the game imo
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I fucking die every time someone says this game has a huge skill ceiling.

Oh look - we have a tough guy over here. Don't recall seeing you compete today. Maybe you're champ 1 in all playlists?

Right? I'm at the bar just pondering what I'm going to do with myself until worlds.

So many sleeps left.

Tournaments will end, but the memes will live on.

Don't worry baby-boy, I got you.

I never said anything about the overall skill ceiling of Halo 5, you need to take a step back and not go on the defensive so easily. I love Halo 5 and am a big fan of pretty much all of the mechanics they brought into the game (I even love the maps!). That said, I still think the snipe is very easy to use and that detracts from the game a little bit for me. Its not the end of the world but I'd rather they made something more in line with H3's.

You could make the argument that they made the sniper easier to use to combat the abundance of viable long range rifles in this game, and you wouldn't be wrong. Just a bit too easy imo though

Mostly agree except I personally find CE's pretty difficult (or at very least awkward), and do people usually recognise H2A as a flat out seperate title? That seems a little disingenuous but idk

I'm really chill, dude. Just trying to stay on the high from the tournament and hate when the same things get regurgitated. I have nothing against you and don't take anything personally.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Okay. Good to know. Care to explain why?

Pretty sure it's been explained multiple times on these forums.

• Downvote (-1) 2

And the empty feeling knowing nV and 2 of the top players in halo history won't be competing at worlds...

True but huke and bubu dubu and contra will be competing and those dudes are fucking solid. Plenty to be excited about.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Crowd was definitely more against us, not much cheering no matter what we did but once we won there was a decent reaction.

Anyways onto worlds I hope you all enjoyed that as much as me

I was cheering for you guys tho

And the empty feeling knowing nV and 2 of the top players in halo history won't be competing at worlds...

real talk, and just wait for Optic Vision tommorow, thats going to be depressing af

Oh look - we have a tough guy over here. Don't recall seeing you compete today. Maybe you're champ 1 in all playlists?

So many sleeps left.

Don't worry baby-boy, I got you.

I'm really chill, dude. Just trying to stay on the high from the tournament and hate when the same things get regurgitated. I have nothing against you and don't take anything personally.

Oh right. I'm sorry guys. I forgot my place in the Halo world. We can only listen to the opinions of pro players who said H4 was the best Halo yet and the most skillful Halo they ever played.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Oh right. I'm sorry guys. I forgot my place in the Halo world. We can only listen to the opinions of pro players who said H4 was the best Halo yet and the most skillful Halo they ever played.

If it's so easy why aren't you competing? It's obviously not that easy.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Okay. Good to know. Care to explain why?

The concensus is that individual skill is hampered by the insane need for team shot.

Obviously it's impossible to compare or even measure skill gap, but there are some things that are factual: viable autos, radar, grenade hit markers etc reduce the skill gap of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is a meaningless discussion anyways. I've been playing Halo competitively since the start and Halo 5 is up there.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Because I don't have the drive to compete. It's hard finding a team that's actually decent.

I'm also going to school and want to focus on that.

Cyren, where are the numbers for this weekend for this thread?  :weback:  ?

I'd also like to know the memes per minute ratio (MPM) :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

If this is the only argument you have, why bother arguing?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I had to go to a fucking 4 hours long meeting for my work when CLG played against EG.

So the location is Hollywood, that's interesting. Has the tickets gone on sale yet? If not, anybody know when?