CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Loving the tournament but its still a shame that the sniper is so much easier to use in H5. Just takes away from the hype and

Again though, still really enjoying the whole event

If you think the sniper takes hype away you should've heard the crowd in person after some of Royal 2's and Huke's snipe's. The hype is at a new level and the crowd was bonkers this weekend.

Crowd was definitely more against us, not much cheering no matter what we did but once we won there was a decent reaction.

Anyways onto worlds I hope you all enjoyed that as much as me

Can't blame us. The denial hype was outrageous and built throughout the tourney. Everybody clapped though when you were awarded the trophy.

Don't be bummed about it we all still like you guys :)

If you think the sniper takes hype away you should've heard the crowd in person after some of Royal 2's and Huke's snipe's. The hype is at a new level and the crowd was bonkers this weekend.

A single Halo 3 snipe hs would get massive hype from the crowd. In Halo 5, it takes probably a double noscope hs to get the same reaction from the crowd.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Loving the tournament but its still a shame that the sniper is so much easier to use in H5. Just takes away from the hype and everything

So easy to use that most people still suck with it :kappa:

No offense to you personally, but I am just so tired of the "easy to use argument." Measuring on how much some people bitch, it would seem they should all be pros and wrecking everyone with these "easy weapons."

Good players adapt to the tools presented, and bad players complain. That's my opinion on the matter.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

No offense to you personally, but I am just so tired of the "easy to use argument." Measuring on how much some people bitch, it would seem they should all be pros and wrecking everyone with these "easy weapons."

Everybody says it's easy to use but nobody is posting good clips with it. Wonder why. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

i dont agree at all. it was so much easier to line up a shot in h3 due to the shitty range on br and the auto aim in reach and halo 4 was second to none!

I just don't see how you could think its harder to use than Halo 3. I'm not even surprised when people get no-scopes and constant headshots anymore

Yea I mean the crowd love it but I just can't get excited about it. Seeing headshot after headshot is sort of dull after a while

• Upvote (+1) 1

Crowd was definitely more against us, not much cheering no matter what we did but once we won there was a decent reaction.

How can you not root for a guy named Bubu Dubu though! 

Seriously though, it was really exciting seeing a team most people had completely discounted before the tournament come so close to winning the tournament. 

Congrats btw! 

Everybody says it's easy to use but nobody is posting good clips with it. Wonder why. :kappa:

Takes a couple years to render all of those easy clips :kappa:

I just don't see how you could think its harder to use than Halo 3. I'm not even surprised when people get no-scopes and constant headshots anymore

Yea I mean the crowd love it but I just can't get excited about it. Seeing headshot after headshot is sort of dull after a while

Halo 3 and Halo 5 are different. For instance, Halo 5 is a lot faster.

That said, we're going off topic. :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cheers for lethul

Doesn't notice

FeelsBadMan

My pants almost flew off screaming for CLG at times. Especially royal 2s overkill.

It WAS cool to see so many root for the underdog though. I'm glad bubu got a chant, Huke was getting all the love. Contra and dev played so fucking good too. Contra is nuts. I knew he was gonna be big early on in 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good players adapt to the tools presented, and bad players complain. That's my opinion on the matter.

Oh my fucking god. Are we seriously going to deny that the sniper being easier to use than Halo 4 is fine because "good players adapt"?

I'm so sick of hype from tournaments drowning out legitimate complaints. We can spam :weback: all we want, but it doesn't mean we're actually back, and it doesn't mean the game all of a sudden got better.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Do most people suck with it? I'm getting headshots/headshotted in Halo 5 more than any Halo game before it. Also the consistency with which pros are no-scoping is just silly.

Its 100% easier to use in Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 5

What happened between @@LethuL and Clutch? I had to run out right after the last game ended.

TJ said clutch is a way better coach than he was a player.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Oh my fucking god. Are we seriously going to deny that the sniper being easier to use than Halo 4 is fine because "good players adapt"?

I'm so sick of hype from tournaments drowning out legitimate complaints. We can spam :weback: all we want, but it doesn't mean we're actually back, and it doesn't mean the game all of a sudden got better.

What you say is legitimate I say is subjective opinion. :weback:

Do most people suck with it? I'm getting headshots/headshotted in Halo 5 more than any Halo game before it. Also the consistency with which pros are no-scoping is just silly.

Its 100% easier to use in Halo 5

Yes, majority are not good with the sniper - no point in looking at outliers when discussing weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yes, majority are not good with the sniper - no point in looking at outliers when discussing weapons.

I don't believe that. Definitely think the average player is better with the sniper in Halo 5 than any other Halo

I don't believe that. Definitely think the average player is better with the sniper in Halo 5 than any other Halo

Okay, lets say you're right hypothetically; what's the big deal? Halo 5 has a huge skill ceiling as evident by today's tournament. Players are constantly getting better and learning new techniques.

Either way it's a moot point.

If you want to discuss this more PM me. Don't want to clog the thread.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Loving the tournament but its still a shame that the sniper is so much easier to use in H5. Just takes away from the hype and everything

The only Halo game where sniping was relatively difficult was Halo 3. H2 = Easy, H2A = Easy, Reach = Easy, H4 = Easy, CE = Average

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo Championship World Groups:

Pool A

CLG (#1 NA)

Team Infused (#1 EMEA)

Chosen Squad (#1 LA)

Team Immunity (#1 ANZ)

Pool B

Denial (#2 NA)

Aftermath (#1 Asia)

exceL eSports (#2 EMEA)

Team Exile (#2 ANZ)

Pool C

Evil Geniuses (#3/4 NA)

Allegiance (#3/4 NA)

Epsilon eSports (#3/4 EMEA)

Fab Games eSports (#3/4 EMEA)

Pool D

Team Liquid (#5/8 NA)

Renegades (#5/8 NA)

Nobles eSports (#5/8 NA)

Triggers Pound (#5/8 NA)

"Teams will be drawn from the above Pools into Groups for the Group Stage portion of the Finals ● The following restrictions will be in place when teams are drawn from the Pools and placed into the Groups ○ Each group must have exactly one (1) team from each pool ○ A group cannot contain more than two (2) teams from North America ○ A group cannot contain more than one (1) team from EMEA ○ A group cannot contain more than one (1) team from ANZ ○ Any invalid draws automatically fill the next valid open slot in the Group ○ Valid draws cannot invalidate future draws"

This would make perfect sense if Pool Play is used to Seed a 16 team bracket. All the 1s play a pool to see who is seeded 1-4, 2s play pool play to see who is seeded 5-8, so on and so forth.

Really sad this weekend is over. It was fun. Now for post tournament mini-depression.

bttoTa6.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ok I messed up again lmao here is one that works

Group A

CLG (Pool A ) NA #1

Aftermath (Pool B ) Asia

Epsilon (Pool C ) EMEA

Renegades (Pool D ) NA #2

Group B

Chosen LATAM

Denial NA #1

Fab EMEA

Noble NA #2

Group C

Infused EMEA

Exile ANZ

Evil Geniuses NA #1

Team Liquid NA #2

Group D

Immunity ANZ

Excel EMEA

Allegiance NA #1

Triggers Pound NA #2

In fact I think it will look exactly like this but the 5-8 NA teams (RNG, TL, TP, Noble) can be interchangeable, as well as EG and Allegiance.

I thought it was 5-8 na in their own group d?

The only Halo game where sniping was relatively difficult was Halo 3. H2 = Easy, H2A = Easy, Reach = Easy, H4 = Easy, CE = Average

This is True, except CE snippet my wasn't average.

Okay, lets say you're right hypothetically; what's the big deal? Halo 5 has a huge skill ceiling as evident by today's tournament. Players are constantly getting better and learning new techniques.

Either way it's a moot point.

If you want to discuss this more PM me. Don't want to clog the thread.

I fucking die every time someone says this game has a huge skill ceiling.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Really sad this weekend is over. It was fun. Now for post tournament mini-depression.

bttoTa6.jpg

Right? I'm at the bar just pondering what I'm going to do with myself until worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 2