CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'll proudly gloat and say I told you so. Everyone predicting NV over Denial in that pool was so confusing to me. (And the WFX predictions were even more so)

I'm really excited for Worlds because of how many contenders there are for those top 4 spots.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My thoughts on the event overall..

giphy.gif

Great weekend for Halo. Congrats to all the teams involved.  I remember someone on here saying dont be surprised if Denial makes it far, kudos to them

• Upvote (+1) 2

Then there is no 2nd best team.

You could make an argument for that. Only thing we know is that CLG is the clear best team-Online or Offline. 

To be fair, outside of Lethul, they don't have much in terms of interaction with the fans - from the forums to streaming. That's not being said to be a knock to them or trying to tell them to do more. Lethul constantly posts here on the forums and streams often, with a very good amount of interaction with his chat and such. The names of the players might be well known, yes, but with how easy it is to interact with your fans today, those who don't simply fall behind - and as a result - you don't see much fandom for those players/teams.

Lethul also attracts certain types of fans  :lxthul:

Crowd was rooting for Denial though because everyone loves the underdog.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please please post a video of the bubudubu play and reaction? Someone please.

believe it's linked a few pages back, iirc. Included with the chant links.

The inevitable question right now - who's better, Denial or EG?

I'm gonna say EG because of the head2head but it was still a great series. I think Denial might have beaten EG if they played today.

EG 3-0 Denial. Take that as much as you would like, even though Denial took 2 games from CLG. Honestly, EG looked off leading up to that event, so who knows, but I believe that EG is better than Denial.

EG beat them in pool play on the strength of teamwork and "calm" communication.  Denial has more potential for growth although 4 weeks may not be enough to overtake them.  The more you watch EG though, I feel like what Lethul was saying in terms of the squad peaking was right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've played hockey in front of thousands of people....

....but that was the most amazing spectator/live experience I've possibly ever had.

I love Halo. I'll never stop following this game.

Shout out to @goldenboy and all the incredible analysts. Puckett was mind blowingly good and it was a priviilage to hear him cast live. Best event I've watched, not including actually being there, so shout out to MLG for that!

Also nice meeting voodoo, girlfriendhaver, insaneone, brixx, and more!

Lastly, congrats to @@LethuL for winning/the success. Much deserved and thanks for proving me right with my predictions :P

Should have clapped :kappa:

Pretty shitty that no one clapped for CLG - they played well.

They got plenty of applause. The crowd just wasn't going as insane like during the game for denial.

can people fuck off with "teabagging is rude" BS. where were ya when elumnite did the choke symbol when denial beat ALG? 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who takes the most addy  :kappa:

Xpo4myT.jpg

snakebite looks like he can look into other dimensions thanks to Lazr focus

• Upvote (+1) 9

snakebite looks like he can look into other dimensions thanks to Lazr focus

He activated his Sharingan.

• Upvote (+1) 1