CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thoughts on the weekend:

1.     The audio issues from Friday. It is inexcusable that there were issues. The fact that there were games that one player on the blue side couldn’t hear their team is something that should never happen. It probably wouldn’t have changed any results, but replays should have occurred. Red side had such an unfair advantage, while blue side was really only communicating with 3 players. When the GOAT says something about this, something needed to be done.

2.     That being said, the fact that MLG was able to get Astro’s in so quickly was impressive to me. It really seemed to fix the audio issues, and for that I am pleased. Let’s make sure we get this right for World’s.

3.     The question of the weekend: is this it for Ogre 2 and Ola? It was a shame that they couldn’t make it out of their group. I hope it isn’t the end for them, so lets see what happens after Worlds.

4.     I really like RNG (as you all could probably tell), but Kory needs to be more vocal. I know he said he would, but someone has to keep their emotions in check. I don’t know if Kory can do that. An RNG with their emotions in check, and keeping positive, is a scary team. They actually looked good in both of their 3-0 defeats. They arguably should have beaten Liquid, and taken a game or two off CLG. Let’s see what they can do with practice in the next month.

5.     I do not understand the hate that Goldenboy gets. He is genuinely interested in the game, and lives up to the hype. It is so exciting to hear him, and I honestly believe that in my short time watching professional Halo (since S1 of H2A), that he is one of my favorite casters. Speaking of the casters, this was a great group. Ghost is by far my favorite of the weekend, and think he was a great addition. Puckett is also awesome, and I finally understand why the community wanted him to cast. Walshy is still great, and so is Strongside. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I also missed Bravo this weekend. Also, random, but Simms MUST be at World’s. I don’t care if there are logistical issues, get the man to Worlds.

6.     Denial. My God. How much more do I have to say? What a great weekend for them. They are going to be a real fun team to watch at World’s. They have opened our eyes and showed up this weekend. Great win versus Liquid and great win against Allegiance. I would say that it was my favorite series of the weekend. Denial really showed up to play.

7.     Speaking of Allegiance, I really feel for Naded. The grinding that the team put in prior to regionals to be the #1 seed. I mean I really want them to do well, but it just felt so right when Denial knocked them out. Let’s see what they can do at Worlds.

8.     Only caught the final of the EG-CLG series, but 4-0? And the disrespect from Royal 2 at the end? Come on son, that is just rude. No need for that.

9.     CLG has to be considered the favorite to win World’s. There is no getting around it. They dominated the whole weekend.

10.  I was extremely impressed with the schedule for Sunday. While I love seeing Halo go into the night, the fact that the Championships occurred at a reasonable hour was awesome to me.  

11.  Thank you all for a great weekend full of Halo and dank meme’s. I wish I will able to watch World’s like I did this weekend, but it is spring break for me. When they announced where World’s would be located, I was secretly hoping for somewhere in Florida since that is where I will be that weekend. It is a shame though. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

C'mon crowd you gota give up, CLG deserve better. 

Tends to happen when much of the crowd / viewership is either pro-Ninja, pro-Optic, pro-EG.

What's great is that for fans of the players on that team and / or CLG as a whole, their gameplay isn't impacted by the general vibe of the crowd (unlike a Ninja / Optic / to an extent EG) which makes them even more dangerous. 

It's pretty satisfying to see the "bad guys" and not the poster boys win. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

RNG needs a new coach PRONTO. The talent is there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Surprised CLG has so few fans. I'm a Snakebite fan because I find him the most likable pro. Always thought the community loved lethul, royal and frosty.

Remember it boys  :ghost:

Wow dude, incredible prediction!

Edit: What up with people posting their own tweets -_-

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed, I was cheering for Denial like everyone in the crowd, but you don't leave your NA champs standing there in silence. Everyone just looks bad. CLG deserver better after so many great games and plays this weekend. 

I blame @@VinFTW for not bringing the hype :simms:

Surprised CLG has so few fans. I'm a Snakebite fan because I find him the most likable pro. Always thought the community loved lethul, royal and frosty.

@@SnakeBite is a really cool dude; always interacting with fans in his streams.

:kappa:  Hahah had to do it

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Trying to boost that follower count bruhhhhh

what's so surprising? People rooted for CLG in h2a for 2gre. Most seemed to be EG fans. No 2gre, you lose most of your fans

Being a villain isnt bad

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be fair, outside of Lethul, they don't have much in terms of interaction with the fans - from the forums to streaming. That's not being said to be a knock to them or trying to tell them to do more. Lethul constantly posts here on the forums and streams often, with a very good amount of interaction with his chat and such. The names of the players might be well known, yes, but with how easy it is to interact with your fans today, those who don't simply fall behind - and as a result - you don't see much fandom for those players/teams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Props to those who called people out for sleeping on Denial prior to the event. I've been a Contra fan for a while but I really didn't think that team in particular was going to get much done. Glad I'm wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Amazing weekend, great games, great casting, great production. Feel very lucky to be getting into competitive Halo at this point in time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

theres only been two events. How are they not a top 2 team when they're the only ones to take a game off CLG in bracket play?

I am pretty sure you have heard of momentum? Denial was the hottest team this weekend come Sunday. CLG was expected to perform the way it did due to their most recent scrim results ( sweeping most teams nightly). Let's just not get carried away here and put Denial as the 2nd best team. 

What an incredible event. Literally blew my mind.

Halo World Champs is the most incredible thing in years. Hearing Pucketts voice again makes me feel all sorts of feels.

Congratulations to CLG, but everyone who was involved needs praise, both players and staff alike. Next to no downtimes at all for the entire tournament is something to be incredibly proud of.

BRING ON WORLDS.

#HALOWOOD

• Upvote (+1) 9

I am pretty sure you have heard of momentum? Denial was the hottest team this weekend come Sunday. CLG was expected to perform the way it did due to their most recent scrim results ( sweeping most teams nightly). Let's just not get carried away here and put Denial as the 2nd best team. 

Then there is no 2nd best team.