CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's too much negativity on this forum when a team loses. It's lame and I hate reading it. That was a close 3-0 and I agree with Spartan that they played well (aside from those discipline issues) in games 2 and 3.

CLG's slaying power is incredible. Tough to imagine these guys losing this weekend, but EG is looming!

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The difference between CLG calling out vs every other team is absolutely unparalleled. They are so calm, cool, and quiet vs teams like EG,ALG, RNG, etc. 

Probably because everyone on CLG has a very low monotone voice.

...What eSport uses real player names?

None.

Which esport doesn't look weird and nerdy to mainstream NA/euro audiences?

None

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't get why Ninja get's a pass every time. Went -9 first 2 games, and i wouldn't doubt he went -9 again in game 3. Renegades is improving, but he's not. I agree that they do need a better coach. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

None.

None

I'm confused. You say this like eSports isn't constantly growing and didn't just get an ESPN page...

• Upvote (+1) 1

None.

None

It would be weirder using real names. Maybe if you are with your friends and calling them their gamertags that'd be weird, but too many ppl have the same name for a viewer.Especially in NA.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Goldenboy needs better interview questions. These interviews are basically another analysis session. Less in-game questions.

• Upvote (+1) 3

None.

None

It's...it's professional sitting on your ass and pressing buttons. Real names aren't going to make a difference are you serious?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It would be weirder using real names. Maybe if you are with your friends and calling them their gamertags that'd be weird, but too many ppl have the same name for a viewer.Especially in NA.

There are two Tyler's on Renegades. Using last names isn't any better than using gamertags.

I don't get why Ninja get's a pass every time. Went -9 first 2 games, and i wouldn't doubt he went -9 again in game 3. Renegades is improving, but he's not. I agree that they do need a better coach. 

He had some bad games against arguably the best slaying team in Halo 5. With a better coach and more work these guys can tidy up some things. A lot more intangible go into why players have bad games. Unless you are EG/ALG, CLG will probably humble anyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Goldenboy needs better interview questions. These interviews are basically another analysis session. Less in-game questions.

Questions are too long winded.  It's like a 30 second analysis and then a question, get to the point and let the player give the analysis.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They days of these "fans"/friend coaches is done.

Go find some accomplished player who knows how to coordinate and control emotions.

Typically I'd agree with you, apart from the fact that Spike is a very well respected and established coach. He is not a "fan/friend".

I'm confused. You say this like eSports isn't constantly growing and didn't just get an ESPN page...

How would using real names harm this growth?

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised RNG lost 3-0. CLG is much better than everyone else right now. I'd actually say RNG played very well outside of game 1.