CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We have had numerous discussions with the content staff at 343i in person and email in the last year, we have offered everything from our video database for them. Not sure much more we can really do.

So that's a no? What's so difficult by filling out a form of sorts so they can properly review it. You're clearly not doing it the proper way.

• Upvote (+1) 6

We have had numerous discussions with the content staff at 343i in person and email in the last year, we have offered everything from our video database for them. Not sure much more we can really do.

It would help to reply to emails we have sent.

Go through the proper channels?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Gets negged despite their seed coming from best of 3 single elim online tournaments, where they took free wins every chance they got...Did what I could to get that post out of the red.

Allegiance are a very good team; we've been over this before.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If we have get time we'll look into it in the future, we thought emailing the staff would be that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For everyone, read my tweet: it has to go through the proper channels.

1) How am I suppose to play the videos listed? Rip them off of youtube? I need a video file in the proper specs.

2) Is the music copyrighted? I can't tell. The people who watch these videos when submitted can tell.

You can't expect progress if you're not willing to follow the process. There are bigger things at stake than playing the latest and greatest. 

Then don't use our videos or other QUALITY community videos, fine. That isn't what we are concerned about. 

Use sponsor ads, use Halo 5 marketing ads (except for the cringey Shinobi-style bits), use unique content.

Watching a girl gamer blog, japanese cosplayers, or a 10 minute Ground Pound video with 12 year olds screaming does NOT appeal to an eSports audience. We aren't trying to shove OUR content in there, we are trying to get the garbage that is on stream out.

Writing another feedback thread akin to what I did at XGames. This event has been truly incredible in almost every aspect, the downtime vids are one of the very few downfalls.

TL;DR:

• Well-Produced Montages (not just a clip with music over it, I mean actual syncing/editing)
  • Breaking Down The Map
  • Halo 5: Guardians Marketing Ads
  • HCS Recaps
  • Music w/ a Crowd Shot
  • Guides/Tips
  • Other Community Content that will appeal to an eSports audience
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

From the thread Lenox posted, the proper channel seems to be through email.

Then don't use our videos or other QUALITY community videos, fine. 

Use sponsor ads, use Halo 5 marketing ads (except for the cringey Shinobi-style bits), use unique content.

Watching a girl gamer blog, japanese cosplayers, or a 10 minute Ground Pound video with 12 year olds screaming does NOT appeal to an eSports audience. We aren't trying to shove OUR content in their, we are trying to get the garbage that is in their out.

Writing another feedback thread akin to what I did at XGames. This event has been truly incredible, the downtime vids are one of the very few downfalls.

Wait you're telling me that girls pounding each other isn't suitable? :kappa:

Proper channels is sending a carrier pigeon to 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Allegiance are a very good team; we've been over this before.

I agree that they are a very good team, a top 4 team. But that doesnt change the fact that the way this all was seeded was terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For everyone, read my tweet: it has to go through the proper channels.

1) How am I suppose to play the videos listed? Rip them off of youtube? I need a video file in the proper specs.

2) Is the music copyrighted? I can't tell. The people who watch these videos when submitted can tell.

You can't expect progress if you're not willing to follow the process. There are bigger things at stake than playing the latest and greatest.

I have emailed Che and the community team multiple times about this, when figuring out how Beyond X HCS can collaborate more.

We have a large catalog with hundreds of videos ranging from tips, breakdowns, etc.

It's fine if you do not use them, but we have gone through the proper channels.

Honestly it seems like the most common complaint is not airing relevant content during downtime.

That may very well be the case, but from what I understand it there hasn't been proper documentation/details for each piece of content and it hasn't been in the correct format.

I agree that they are a very good team, a top 4 team. But that doesnt change the fact that the way this all was seeded was terrible.

True. NV was seeded way too high, didn't do shit outside of the first qualifier.

• Upvote (+1) 1

These tournaments aren't exclusively for the eSports audience. People tend to forget that.

Those videos you're putting down came from people of other communities around the halo scene and they love seeing their stuff featured as it exposes them to more viewers. In turn, more of those types of videos get submitted.

This would be true if that actually worked, no one is tuning in because of McDonalds Forge and Ground Pounding giggling for 5 minutes.

You need videos like that Chig interview like in HCS last year, Bravo Tip vids, montages, dlc vids etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Every tournament there's been some new reason for discrediting Allegiance. Can we just collectively admit they are good, and Noble proved that they are very good too. So I'm sick of hearing this narrative that they're some how cheating their way to good placings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

These tournaments aren't exclusively for the eSports audience. People tend to forget that.

Those videos you're putting down came from people of other communities around the halo scene and they love seeing their stuff featured as it exposes them to more viewers. In turn, more of those types of videos get submitted.

While the streams aren't exclusively for an eSports audience, downtime should be used to educate the non eSport audience about Halo eSports, so they can fully understand what is happening on their screen during matches - and more importantly: starting competing themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Oh god i hate allegiance and cratos i hope they lose so bad they get so lucky i hate cratos naded always chokes god i hate cratos"

^ half this forum watching Team Allegiance with folded arms and grimace 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Every tournament there's been some new reason for discrediting Allegiance. Can we just collectively admit they are good, and Noble proved that they are very good too. So I'm sick of hearing this narrative that they're some how cheating their way to good placings.

One guy in Roy's chat (I think?) said AE cheated by playing too much GB.... Bruh :walshy:
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I don't like Cratos at all but Allegiance is good, no denying it. And they were beating good teams online and looked good at XGames.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's amazing Cratos has found time to sleep with so many forum member's sisters.

Or at least I can only assume that's why he's hated so much.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I for one honestly switch tabs during the down time, I'm sure many others do that. 

We need a BIG catalogue of content for next season so each tournament can have new videos in them to keep interest fresh. I know thats a tall ask but if the work starts now to collect and archive this content it will be extremely easy to implement come next season. @@LenoxCG

Can someone post that Naded GIF where he is having flashbacks while the camera is zooming in on his face at X-Games? That GIF was amazing lol.

"LETS GOGOGOGFIKDSJGFDG  BAAABY DGVFSHGFDS BABY"- Naded 2016

Sigged

Fucking Savage

7AJSkO.gif

9Y97l4G.gif

qNB3QvY.gif?noredirect

• Upvote (+1) 3