CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think it's pretty lame that worse teams are going to worlds because they live in an easier part of the world. I really couldn't care less about "Halo needs exposure so that's why worse teams are going to worlds" crap.

Halo 5 viewership still hasn't surpassed the 40k MCC launch tournament, so the exposure really isn't that great in other parts of the world.

As a Halo fan, I want to see the best teams go to worlds. Other teams should qualify to play at regionals here. I don't care how shallow that sounds. It has nothing to do with America or whatever some people want to turn it into, outside teams should have to go to the best country to pass people in that country.

Its the same way LoL and CoD champs do it. Not saying it's right, but it's not exclusively a Halo thing.

is there a better chat than the main twitch one? I'm getting brain cancer from this.

Use the Beyond chat.

I think it's pretty lame that worse teams are going to worlds because they live in an easier part of the world. I really couldn't care less about "Halo needs exposure so that's why worse teams are going to worlds" crap.

Halo 5 viewership still hasn't surpassed the 40k MCC launch tournament, so the exposure really isn't that great in other parts of the world.

As a Halo fan, I want to see the best teams go to worlds. Other teams should qualify to play at regionals here. I don't care how shallow that sounds. It has nothing to do with America or whatever some people want to turn it into, outside teams should have to go to the best country to pass people in that country.

With an exception to EU/UK and AU.

is there a better chat than the main twitch one? I'm getting brain cancer from this.

There's a beyond twitch chat. Someone can invite you just post your twitch name.

This is my chat :kappa:

How old was Pistola when he was teaming with Ogre? Wasn't he like 15-16? And wasn't Eric like 16 when he was first on Str8 Rippin?

He turned 18 at one of the 2010 events and told the kids on stream not to smoke cigs, so 17-18 with OGRE2

How old is the GOAT? 28? pretty sure he's same age as me... Anyways, if he is, he and his brother were untouchable at CE when they were 16-18 lol. Pretty sure a lot of top players got into the scene around 16, no? Seems like the right age to start getting serious to me.

Yeah. Many pros start around that age. I think snakebite and ola were especially young when they went to their first events

Was out all day. Come back to see my two favorite teams out of worlds  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

Fucking Denial.  :apg:

Who the fuck do I cheer for now?  :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 2

what an awful joke, you should be ashamed

Haha, u would be so offended/butthurt at some huge comedians, maybe it's just british humour.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I think that for season 2, there will be some revamps if the world teams come in and do consistently poorly against NA teams at finals. 

If they do, I'd expect they'll reduce the number of world spots or maybe make them come state side to qualify. 

No matter what, I'd like to see regionals and finals be double elim format rather than group play. But I do understand there are arguments against that. 

How old was Pistola when he was teaming with Ogre? Wasn't he like 15-16? And wasn't Eric like 16 when he was first on Str8 Rippin?

Ola was like 18 I think, it was 2010.

They lost twice. That't the format. It may not be "fair" but we wanted Halo to be recognized more seriously as an E-sport and it wouldn't be a global championship if they didn't invite teams from around the world. There would barely be anyone complaining if Denial had lost. nV just had to beat Denial and they couldn't get it done. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Goofy to retire after Elevate fails to qualify after his carrer ending ankle surgery. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was out all day. Come back to see my two favorite teams out of worlds  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

Fucking Denial.  :apg:

Who the fuck do I cheer for now?  :uncledrew:

:lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul: :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1